Thread: 4h buff duration perks...

4h duration buff perks...

Need to have an active check to make sure the user doesn't just hit up the full perk reset every few hours. The bonuses are too sizable, and without a check, some players will gain a huge boost over others just because they can afford the 20m to keep the buff running and reset into other perk lines, effectively gaining the benefit of an extra 10 perks.
    Last edited by Sterva; Nov 13th, 2009 at 21:16:55.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

If they cancel on entry to bs, it's no worse than shades/keepers casting their buffs and going nr8. And you don't exactly see a lot of those around...

One question that popped in my head while looking at these 4h perks: If these perks are gonna be 4 hours with fast recharge, meaning you can keep them running permanently, and they scale with perk level... Why not just add them as passive mods on the perk line?

I agree, there is absolutely no reason why these benefits can't be passive. It'll circumvent the problem entirely.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

I do get the idea that they would cancel on zoning, kind of like procs do. But that's just an assumption.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.