Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

eq no more dodge from wit

I noticed many many whiners screaming about Atrox online, but clearly they didnt read any of the other breed perks. I gotta say, I really wish i had a free reroll to nanomage on some of my toons. I never really cared for Wit, so meh, moving along. I had a feeling that mongo fury was gunna mean something when I noticed that it had to be chained with MR to get the MR effect. Once more, I think some people need to actually think their whines through before actually crying on the first shoulder that will listen. You are all diseased.

But, the upside now is.. my fave breed ever Opifex, got some nice love (that makes sense!)

Looks like quite a few people need to rethink their twinks. Oops.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Nov 13th, 2009 at 18:21:27.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Heh, i think i was happier when i didn't know about FWM and had no idea what was going on.

Would be nice to see everything that is going to be changed instead of in pieces, would give everyone more of a general idea wtf is going on, and an estimate of when the engine is coming out. Maybe less people would be pissed off.

Oh well, time to wait for next Friday =/

Also, what about Acrobat, the one on pdf is still missing 80 evades from last perk action i think, nerf or just typo?

Also it's paradox towards the effort of filling the game again. Troxes had their fun with MR so you don't need to give them even more fun to reactivate or whatsoever because they had least reasons to quit the game. What would i do if i plan to come back after a year or two? read forums. What would i see there? this. Would i make up my mind and rather buy vodka for 14.95€? yes.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Imagine battlestation after these changes go live: Atroxes running like mad all over it and everyone else running away from them. Fun?
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I noticed many many whiners screaming about Atrox online, but clearly they didnt read any of the other breed perks. I gotta say, I really wish i had a free reroll to nanomage on some of my toons.
    I read all the changes. NM got something fixed that has been broken since AI. Finally.

I never really cared for Wit, so meh, moving along. I had a feeling that mongo fury was gunna mean something when I noticed that it had to be chained with MR to get the MR effect.
    Oh no? You have to waste 2-3 more seconds actually casting MR? Wow, doesn't change the fact that 1.5k AAO on demand annihilates 7 of the game's professions right off the bat.

Once more, I think some people need to actually think their whines through before actually crying on the first shoulder that will listen. You are all diseased.
    Blinded by your own selfishness.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Imagine battlestation after these changes go live: Atroxes running like mad all over it and everyone else running away from them. Fun?

Ah right what was the button for permanent MR again? You have a point, but don't exaggerate it
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

But, the upside now is.. my fave breed ever Opifex, got some nice love (that makes sense!)
    The only good change for opifex is the blocker. Opifex offensive perk line is close to being completely useless. -250 AR? Is that what opifexes got to counter MR? Might as well add +2000 runspeed to some of the perk actions, they're gonna need it the most.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post

Oh no? You have to waste 2-3 more seconds actually casting MR? Wow, doesn't change the fact that 1.5k AAO on demand annihilates 7 of the game's professions right off the bat.

Blinded by your own selfishness.
    You obviously dunno how to defensive perk with a BIG OMG Visual cue. Tsk tsk. I have no pity for that. As for being "blinded by your own selfishness" Take a freakin look at all the arguments for prof balancing. You're swimming in selfishness, and pissing in the pool. You should be aware, that I laugh harder at haters. Especially harder at breed haters.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I noticed many many whiners screaming about Atrox online, but clearly they didnt read any of the other breed perks. I gotta say, I really wish i had a free reroll to nanomage on some of my toons. I never really cared for Wit, so meh, moving along. I had a feeling that mongo fury was gunna mean something when I noticed that it had to be chained with MR to get the MR effect. Once more, I think some people need to actually think their whines through before actually crying on the first shoulder that will listen. You are all diseased.
    Cryin' is actually easier than using ur head.
    NERF MR LETS SHOUT Together, but keep the rest of the breed perks :P

shield nm ai 30 mp anyone ? owaitigotone
    melee trox ai30 adv anyone ? owaitigotone

so what i agree that popping MR outa sneak without any notification is OP but
    if u get a 60s sign that sais "hey dude if u stand there like a rock u'll die"

i dont think in pvp ur forced to stand when MR is incomming
    average ppl will die without MR and melee profs with their 40s sa need sthing vs evaders
    i dont agree that removing the drawback was the best idea ever but afterall if the MR fails u have to run or die
    im quite suprised theres so little notice on opi blockers or soli +25% crit giving soli mas about 130% crit in pvp in end gear if im rite since they got no halved crits in pvp
    or once again the 20% dmg into nanopool for NM (u wanna imagine shield mp with 30% static reflect from shield 10% from secondary perkline 13% from graft and 20% from perk ? +5k nm coon - cause im gonna have 1 )

even tho i got a NM crat and i have to say as an evader without heals 90% of the time i evade MR thx to cib/dtb cause i use my brain while pvp'ing i suggest u use urs before crying and the 10% of the time i fail to evade ---- i die , so what

who wants to live forever ?
    /me whispers yeh btw i did put up flame shield as many of u still state ur own opinion but thats fine as long as its an arguement
    Last edited by Racsi; Nov 13th, 2009 at 18:52:39.
    Racsyka 220/30/70 The Adv
    Racsi 220/30/70 The MP
    Racsika 220/30/70 The Crat
    Racsence 207/30/70 The Fixer
    Racsreign 56/6/12 The Trader

President of Quetzalcoatl

Good changes to breed perks overall, and yeah that includes Mongo Rage, don't back off from this wave of whining.

Only thing I don't really understand the change to Wit of Atrox though. Do you realise what's this change gonna do to lowbie PvP? This change ruined months of work of every single person with Atrox twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Racsi View Post
    so what i agree that popping MR outa sneak without any notification is OP but
    if u get a 60s sign that sais "hey dude if u stand there like a rock u'll die"
    Thus what I said, everyone running away from atroxes constantly just because of the danger of MR as soon as they see the effect, which lasts 60 seconds. And even if I see MR incoming, as long as root grafts are ingame it doesn't change a thing (yeah ok crat got DTB, what about the rest?). Not to mention it's a breed perk, so it's not only used by melee.

And fyi shields don't work the way you stated. You get 10% reduction from damage-to-nano and (30+13)*90% from normal reflects, since they are calculated AFTER damage-to-nano reduction. Which results at 48% total. Compared to your normal 43% it's only 5% advantage, not 10%. Also the more reflects you get the more useless the 10% dmg-to-nano gets. Say, AMSed soldier with 80%+ reflect would only gain about 2% extra reflect or less.
    Last edited by Calamite; Nov 13th, 2009 at 19:00:33.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by NeutOmner View Post
    Also, what about Acrobat, the one on pdf is still missing 80 evades from last perk action i think, nerf or just typo?
    Remowink this (its not a typo) and remowing Dodge Rng from Witt is mile step in remowink evades from game. Now, my Fixer will get less evades...

I was LIKE OMG: I rolled yesterday a trox Soldier...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Issues

You have either ignored or missed the level requirement on optimize bot protocol (creative mind perkline). MP and Crat perk actions of similar consequence have Player level 15+ (1), while Optimize Bot Protocol has level 210+ (10).

Is this a deliberate omission or should I have bumped the thread on balance discussion more (and gotten infraction points)?

Other than that, breed perks look cool and weird, when will we get generic SL/AI perks with changes?

Finally, it is a bit hard to find all the changes from the previous versions as it's easy to miss out on the most recent changes.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Note that a lot of our changes throughout the perk documentation have included removals of such debuffs, in an effort to try and remove 'down time' and harsh side effects from characters - Drawbacks are fine and all, but when dealing with a main part of a character's toolset it really sucks to have to try and keep track of that sort of information; "Since I used this perk, can I cast my nanos after it?" just isn't that entertaining in the long run.
    Awesome! But I think you forgot about the NSD effect for NT's Program Overload.

You can just find this text and do your little red color/strikethrough thing to it
    On Use User Hit Current nano -9000 .. -10000
    User Modify Sensory improvement -3000
    Self Modify Matter metamorphosis -3000
    User Modify Biological metamorphosis -3000
    Self Modify Psychological modifications -3000
    User Modify Matter creation -3000
    User Modify Time and space -3000
    TIA
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Thus what I said, everyone running away from atroxes constantly just because of the danger of MR as soon as they see the effect, which lasts 60 seconds. And even if I see MR incoming, as long as root grafts are ingame it doesn't change a thing (yeah ok crat got DTB, what about the rest?). Not to mention it's a breed perk, so it's not only used by melee.

And fyi shields don't work the way you stated. You get 10% reduction from damag-to-nano and (30+13)*90% from normal reflects, since they are calculated AFTER damage-to-nano reduction. Which results at 48% total. Compared to your normal 43% it's only 5% advantage, not 10%.
    10% perma 20% static = 70% from original dmg hits the target k
    70% with 43% reflect on = -30% from original dmg meaning 40% from original dmg will hit the target who actually has about 3.7k perma def that not even ai perks gonna perk after next patch doubla aao nerf
    while having a 5k nm coon in his inv + a healpet
    makes sense now ?
    oh side note - mp has blockers
    that toon wont ever die with these changes not even to a team of enemies

on MR i understand ur point but if i can tank a good trox enf on my crat til they die u can do it as well dont run but avoid!
    Last edited by Racsi; Nov 13th, 2009 at 19:04:16.
    Racsyka 220/30/70 The Adv
    Racsi 220/30/70 The MP
    Racsika 220/30/70 The Crat
    Racsence 207/30/70 The Fixer
    Racsreign 56/6/12 The Trader

President of Quetzalcoatl

Normally I'm quite supportive of the changes the devs make, but honestly, the changes to MR are not acceptable. MR makes pvp for a lot professions a joke.. and you guys decide to make it better? I can understand how you guys arrived at the conclusion you did, but it just doesn't work in practical application. 1500 AR for 10 seconds every 2 and a half minutes (if I'm understanding this document correctly) is just plain ridiculous. If it is indeed intended to be an "oh crap" button, then it should have the recharge adjusted to be 15 minutes, like others in this thread suggested. It's rather confusing honestly, since most of the players of AO have voiced very strongly their dislike of MR, yet instead of nerfing it, you make it better. Just puzzling, really.

hmm, interesting
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

I don't even mind MR itself, but the 3min cooldown is retarded. Make it 30mins or something.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast