Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 13th, 2009 - Friday teh 13th 110100101!!!

Every single Perk Armor etc should have a positive and negative affect.

The Alien and other armors should all have some kind of major weakness. There should be numerous weapons with the similar power levels but different kinds of damage.

every perk for one breed should have a counter perk for another breed.

Evades should have a weakness. no matter how high they are.

attack rating defense rating and evasion (in pvp) should all have some kind of human interaction requirement with a timed duration. It should *NEVER* be game set match if one person has 3500 evades or someone else has 3500 AR.

the way you re redoing parry should somehow be worked in to all evades and attacks.

At least thats my opinion.
    Last edited by doubbleagent; Nov 15th, 2009 at 00:20:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    I think the AO Devs should take a week off work just to sit and play a TL7 Char in PvP.

Not endgame equip, but low to mediocre equip.

It's obvious they haven't actually played PvP since they got signed up for development.
    Enough of the Tl7 only mindset.

They need to play the game for a month at all TL levels and do PVP and PVM. Then make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post
    Enough of the Tl7 only mindset.

They need to play the game for a month at all TL levels and do PVP and PVM. Then make changes.
    If toolsets are properly fixed at TL7 those fixes should properly trickle down into the LEVELING title levels.

Someone else already posted this comment, but I'll reiterate, encouraging people to stop continuing to progress in a game is utterly retarded. Development time is best spent encouraging people to want to continue through the game, rather than fiddling with every title level just because people like to stop there and hit towers.

If it's done right at TL7 the other TLs should benefit from it. So that's why "TL7 only" should be got -right- as it'll benefit everyone.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

[Imbalance] --------------------------------------------------------------- [Where we are now] ------------ [Balance]

Only noobs move to the left!
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Can you please finally recognize importance of replacing g with p in this perk everyone is talking about.
    -outdated-
    Belven 220/19 fix < kinda retired
    Ishtardiya 220/24 crat < main dd setup
    Maryska 215/9 sold < boooooooring
    Yarpen 213/8 eng < ts hoe
    Trammy 165/3 nt < kiter
    Mangolia 167/6 nano enf
    Katchem 72/0 neut shade < phun, one day, i guess
    Zuoo 99/x neut doc

no longer playing

"Atrox Online" made me lol..

That being said I do have an opinion on MR, myself: Indicator or not, 3 seconds is hardly enough to acknowledge and smash perk buttons/run, especially when they may take a full 2 sec off of the time running around a corner.

My simple suggestion is either (1) Shorten duration or, (2) lengthen activation time.

/offtopic

Woot first post. For some god forsaken reason I haven't been able to register on the forums (after trying again and again) for 5-ish years... The days of raging over not being able to post are over at last

Game is already evades online .... Did any of you that are screaming nerf even look at the new breed perk setups. From what I see trox perks are 3rd in line as the best breed perks now. Anyone screaming nerf should be embarrassed. I personally never scream nerf on anyone but what the hell.

I think all Acrobat perks should be 50% of the bonus they are now. Nerf +1000 to all evades for 40 sec maybe it should be more like 500 evades and 20 sec. Is it fair that anyone with that line should be unperkable even by Mongo Rage. I think not.

I never post Nerf posts ever ... but since so many of you are kicking and screaming over nothing before you even looked at that your perks do now I think ill go ahead and post what I really think needs nerfed.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Slicera 220 NM keeper
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    Game is already evades online .... Did any of you that are screaming nerf even look at the new breed perk setups. From what I see trox perks are 3rd in line as the best breed perks now. Anyone screaming nerf should be embarrassed. I personally never scream nerf on anyone but what the hell.

I think all Acrobat perks should be 50% of the bonus they are now. Nerf +1000 to all evades for 40 sec maybe it should be more like 500 evades and 20 sec. Is it fair that anyone with that line should be unperkable even by Mongo Rage. I think not.

I never post Nerf posts ever ... but since so many of you are kicking and screaming over nothing before you even looked at that your perks do now I think ill go ahead and post what I really think needs nerfed.

Eunucha 220 trox doc
    Dotz 220 opi doc
    Slicera 220 NM keeper
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    Evades aren't even close to the power they once were, the hell are you talking about?

The only problem with Acrobat is that Adventurers have access to it. Gone are the days when Evade professions could just stand about without perks running, flagged, and be completely unperkable while a high majority of regular hits missed and you'd be lucky if a special other than AS/SA landed.

You say you've played since 2001, have you actually played since 2007?
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 15th, 2009 at 01:24:39.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

You say you've played since 2001, have you actually played since 2007?
    Doubtfully. Evades are as useless as they've never been before.
    But what would a doc/ _N_M_ Keeper know about evades...
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggeh View Post
    I think the AO Devs should take a week off work just to sit and play a TL7 Char in PvP.

Not endgame equip, but low to mediocre equip.

It's obvious they haven't actually played PvP since they got signed up for development.
    Telling the devs to play the game may be dangerous... some might play it halfhearted and consider everything they cant kill as OP and swing the nerfbat or some would play exclusively BS where fixers for example are just fine...
    Wasn't it kinda obvious that Sillimoron had a problem with evaders?
    Last edited by ephedrae; Nov 15th, 2009 at 01:40:30.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

And what about AAD Enforcers who are Unperkable and don't even have access to the Acrobat line?

They would become even more powerful as Evade Profs lose the very little amount of defence they have left.

Honestly...
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    Doubtfully. Evades are as useless as they've never been before.
    But what would a doc/ _N_M_ Keeper know about evades...
    I wouldn't say they're useless. But they're not as OP as he claims and a far cry from what they were pre LE.

The problem isn't evades, or AR, it's the fact that perks are all or nothing, the large disparity between the attack rating of various professions, debuffs that professions have and of course, Mongo Rage being the ultimate leveler.

If perk checks worked like special checks, regular hit checks and nano vs NR, with perks on shorter timers, there'd be fewer problems, PvP would be more random and fun, everyone would have a shot and effort spent into offense or defense would matter, rather than ultra defensive Troxes perking Mongo Rage while everyone else tries to get as much evades as possible to avoid as many perks as possible while trying to maintain enough AR to actually damage people. Apart from a few professions that don't need to do that, or have everything handed to them on a plate when it comes to perk layouts/nanos, all that needs to be done is insert symbs/armour/weapons here.
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 15th, 2009 at 01:41:39.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

The problem is those evade perks are profession specific, Mongo rage however is a breed perk, there's a huge difference there, penalising people who chose the 'wrong' breed is not the way to go and that's what Mongo Rage does.

Mongo rage, if it's going to stay, needs to be moved into the group perks of some professions as a counter to evade professions perks, not stay benefiting one breeds AR significantly more than others.

The same can be said of most of the breed perks though, not just Mongo Rage, MR's just the worst and most obvious example.

Another one being that most professions don't get any benefit from the %add nano damage from the NM perks.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The problem isn't evades, or AR, it's the fact that perks are all or nothing, the large disparity between the attack rating of various professions, debuffs that professions have and of course, Mongo Rage being the ultimate leveler.

If perk checks worked like special checks, regular hit checks and nano vs NR, with perks on shorter timers, there'd be fewer problems, PvP would be more random and fun, everyone would have a shot and effort spent into offense or defense would matter, rather than ultra defensive Troxes perking Mongo Rage while everyone else tries to get as much evades as possible to avoid as many perks as possible while trying to maintain enough AR to actually damage people.
    That hits the nail on the head. AO has too scenarios where it has to be all or nothing. That has too change.

Evades shouldn't make you unhitable all the time if they work: Neither should they make you hitable all the time if they don't work. Mongo rage is that problematic because of the all or nothing evades, and them being the only defense for many profs that just go *splash* whenever evades are removed from the equation.

Same goes for many debuffs, GTH being the prime example removing the defense toolsets of 2 professions allmost completly.

And the same goes for heals that make your immortal if the opposing side has no access to tools to prevent the heal, while making the target *splash* whenever such tools are available.

The List could go on.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 11!!!!!1111oneoneone

I've decided just to sit this one out and wait for the final outcome. No need to get a fit before it all hits test.
    At least something is actually being done.
    Looking forward to the end result FC

I am looking forward to Ranger being fully available to MP's, now thats a fix I like
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Klanbear View Post
    I am looking forward to Ranger being fully available to MP's, now thats a fix I like
    Too bad it's coming coupled with AS nerf. It seems that bow MPs won't be viable (or at least, they will be far inferior to SoZ setups) after the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    You obviously never PvPed a second in your life if you really think that's the case.
    I PvP a lot. I've never found people morphed to be any harder to kill/die to then people unmorphed.

Please, list the benefits of shape change without modifiers. I am curious as to what deficiencies you feel you are dealing with because Vet Leet allows people to change their shape.

Chances are you're just whining for the sake of it but I'll wait to see what kind of issues you come up with.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Can you please finally recognize importance of replacing g with p in this perk everyone is talking about.
    Yeah, it should be Monpo.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Hacre, the following is an honest question for you and not intended as a challenge to your opinion (I know your expertise vastly exceeds mine on this):

How much better off would a nano-mage NT with nanobreed primary perked be than a solitus NT who used the AI perks instead on The Unknown Factor (with two left over for whatever)? Is the following analysis correct?

Assuming both NTs have Starfall perked and both launch the Starfall perkline and their nanobreed primary or Unknown Factor init debuffs and nukes near the beginning of a fight (and everything lands), the solitus/unknown factor NT is going to do 2,425-7,947 more (PvM, so halve for PvP) damage off of the perk actions due to 2/3 of the starfall line having boosted damage if hostile takeover is running and chaotic assumption being stronger than reject. The NM NT will get a 50% nano damage boost on 3 Izgimmer's Ultimatums (2 second cap on cast time, 1 second recharge) worth 7,774-13,960 PvM damage (assuming self illumination is running on the target and that nano damage boost applies to the additional damage for having the DOT running [unsure of the mechanics there]).

PvP, the NM NT will do 2,675-3,056 more upfront damage. The solitus NT's perk nuke (chaotic assumption) has half the recharge of Pen, and the additional starfall damage will re-cycle on the same recharge, so one minute later the solitus NT will do 2,465-5,473.5 more damage than the NM NT. Additionally, the solitus NT's init debuff will be up 15% of the time and the NM NT's init debuff will only be up 12.5% of the time. In a theoretical never ending battle, the solitus NT will gradually OD the NM NT. This would also seem to mean that a PvM damage comparison will be fine for the solitus.

Of course, battles are not un-ending, and doing damage in larger, less frequent bursts is an advantage. So Hacre, does the front-loaded 2,675-3,056 PvP damage constitute a game imbalancing breed difference (for instance by allowing an NM NT to alpha some players a solitus NT could not)? Or have I missed something else here?

I am neither Hacre nor an (active) NT player, but it's not really about the sustained damage but more about the defense and burst type upgrades. 50% nano damage for example is a huge boost in pvp against high HP professions. The damage2nano effects of the other line are also a quite nice addition to the allready present d2n effect for NT's I imagine.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast