Thread: New stumble special under disharmony perkline (MA)

New stumble special under disharmony perkline (MA)

This new special is clearly a feeble pvp attempt at copying one of the effect of upon a wave of summer (long range and slowing down opponents, helps us to catch fleeing targets). Here there is only a mild dot damage and a root, based on two different evades for landing. This could be a great idea, but disharmony is pretty much used only for pvm line, mostly for healing efficiency, and even with the changes we see ahead, I doubt people will want to perk up the full line and give up unstunnable, spatial displacement or the brawler perkline just for a new special and a not so effective way of healing in pvp (even before heal changes).

Therefore I'm asking you to reconsider making it a special that will have a use in pvm, where rooting a target for a short time every time you fire the perk for its minimum damage might be more annoyance than anything, and more along the genereal idea of the perkline which is heal / drains / damage. In my opinion, something along the colossal health last special (a massive hp drain) would better fit the bill.

I agree, a pvp perk on a pvm line... quite pointless... It'd be nice on unstunnable 4 or something.

Random idea: Maybe it's there so PvM MAs get to enjoy PvP a bit more as well?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Then a root is the worst thing ever to give them. A pvm MA will never enjoy pvp with that kind of nonsense. We already have stuns and root grafts for that, and as I pointed it will only be annoying in pvm. This special has nothing to do with the disharmony perkline, and is not powerful enough to make it viable in pvp, while totally uninteresting in pvm.

Maybe they're trying to make Disharmony viable for a PvP setup.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Maybe they're trying to make Disharmony viable for a PvP setup.
    Doubt they could do that, unless they condensed disharmony perkline.

for pvm its disharmony10 perked, for pvp, those 10 perks go into much more essential places (SD, unstunnable, brawler, nr1)

So yeah give it a massive HP leech or something similar that fits that line better

im not reperking "becareful reperking" or "unstunnable" line for disharmony changes ,honestly ,if this sync issue continues WTB "death grip" or i better play wow :P at least it tortures me and i chose it for that..
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

I can't think of another place to put it.

Maybe MAs need a completely new line with this perk on it, but it really can't go onto any of your group lines, it can't go onto Unstunnable 4 because thats only a 4 perk loss for an unremovable root, and it can't go onto Spiritual Master because you already get like 4 or 5 perk actions from that line.

So, bump for putting it on a brand new MA line. 8 - 10 perks, give it some modifiers like runspeed or other nice pvp mods, give it a perk root, maybe a perk snare, a new perk stun.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I think its a great place to have it, catering for people interested in pvm setups that like to pvp.

Poofpaf just wants free perks
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I can't think of another place to put it.

Maybe MAs need a completely new line with this perk on it, but it really can't go onto any of your group lines, it can't go onto Unstunnable 4 because thats only a 4 perk loss for an unremovable root, and it can't go onto Spiritual Master because you already get like 4 or 5 perk actions from that line.

So, bump for putting it on a brand new MA line. 8 - 10 perks, give it some modifiers like runspeed or other nice pvp mods, give it a perk root, maybe a perk snare, a new perk stun.
    don't need a new PVP line.

The pvp lines are already filled up. better to add it to SD and give it to everyone with SD access, imo.

Also, disharmony line actions could use a boost to the perk action heal, and reduce it's recharge. Or something.. useful for pvm, even a self damage buff.. say 500 or so for 1:00 at 10th perk. not OP'd anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    don't need a new PVP line.

The pvp lines are already filled up. better to add it to SD and give it to everyone with SD access, imo.

Also, disharmony line actions could use a boost to the perk action heal, and reduce it's recharge. Or something.. useful for pvm, even a self damage buff.. say 500 or so for 1:00 at 10th perk. not OP'd anyhow.
    You're telling me that you should give an unremovable root perk to people who want to be all but immune to roots without making them spend perks for it? Sorry, no thanks.

It sounds like MAs just want everything exactly as it is right now, but with a PvP root. My suggestion is to give them a reason to perk 10 points other than a root, because that's what they would get with the root on Disharmony. Simple.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Disharmony still procs and opens your towerfield(s) when you're attacked by a tower? Or did they fix that? Taking double shield dmg and absorbs/reflects effecting the hp drain makes it quite useless for pvp. The huge downside to disharmony should be fixed the right way. Any ma that wants to do some serious pvp, visits the perk reset npc and perks SD/US/Brawker instead. The AO devs idea of balancing MAs so far is filling up our inventory with situational tools that has huge drawbacks on their use and way to high def check + insanely high nano skill req on new nanos that no one i know can self before 2-3 new expansions comes out. The profession weakness over time has been countered by having backpacks filled with all sorts of gear to swap to so we wont be cannon fodder and bow/sofc swap so we could kill people in BS the short amount of time they where in range. Adding a special such as this on a harmful pvp line is just in line with the devs 5 min attention to MAs per year since sl release. One step forward, two steps back. Why cant mas evolve like any other profession and stop making it a full time job to play it and to keep up with other professions? In pvm mas have to go to great lengths to keep up with other professions DD and in pvp deal with other professions huge increase in offensive power and def. This new perk special wont make it more enjoyable for pvm mas in pvp. They are rarely seen and theres hundreds of reasons for that. This perk specials is just pissing off those extremely few who actually do pvp on their ma, and ill say it again: Pvm setuped mas wont enjoy pvp more with this sort of improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglskremsel View Post
    This perk specials is just pissing off those extremely few who actually do pvp on their ma, and ill say it again: Pvm setuped mas wont enjoy pvp more with this sort of improvement
    Yup.

Root in disharmony ? Laik for what ? Prevent grey mobs from fleeing when farming insigs in ado ? As a pvm MA, if Disharmony-line isnt also changed in other ways(as described above), no MA would never, ever, perk Disharmony for pvp. Let me clear that up for you that cant understand it. Okay, here we go. As a pvm-MA;

- You wont have enough AR to perk anybody, so you keep mostly killing 210:s, if even them.

- You wont have enough defense to be unperkable, if you dont have Evasive Stance up all the time(1min uptime, 10min recharge). You will be perked by anybody under limber.

- Considering above 2 facts, would you be also willing to either;

a) To get +150sh dmg more per hit, simultaneously doubling the dmgshield effect on you, and still not get many hits in or actually kill anybody. Additionally you will get rooted/snared to hell, and die in a matter of seconds in most situations.

b) Get a lot more survivability by getting root/stun resistance, possibly more stuns, so at least you can try to run away from your opponents. Too bad our RS isnt that good to do even that.

Perking Disharmony for PVP is atm worthless, weather you are PVM/PVP MA. Actually its not even just worthless, its just plain stupid. Some minor root-perk wont change that. Like most have said, its mainly an insult to MA:s. This isnt about making a choice between differend options, its just an addition to our new toolset which even more starts to resemble a comedy. Walking in a pink robe trough OA/Rome, seeing how ppl around you shout "Look. LoL. Its MA !"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    You're telling me that you should give an unremovable root perk to people who want to be all but immune to roots without making them spend perks for it? Sorry, no thanks.

It sounds like MAs just want everything exactly as it is right now, but with a PvP root. My suggestion is to give them a reason to perk 10 points other than a root, because that's what they would get with the root on Disharmony. Simple.
    Yeah you act like MAs are like advs or enfs, we got a whole 2.2k run speed weee. And yes anything to stop a target from moving even for 2 seconds is very welcome. Only thing we have to briefly stop a moving target that zooms around is root grafts (15mins lock) and sai fun and bbcs (2 min locks), both of which puts you into 8 sec nano recharge. So yeah a pvp root on unstunnable 4 would be nice.

And yeah it would be lame for advs and such to get a root so no to putting it on SD.