Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Docs

Docs

If you have one. I guess almost everyone that have a couple of alts have a doc.{Edited by Yarkona} Stand still. be drained out all nano. stunned, smacked around so you cant even use free movement stims. And be drained of all skills. And ofc while you being on full def.

If you own i doc, delete the game and enjoy some family time instead. Becuse funcom doesnt want you here. Im not paying one more cent to this company until gth and chainstunning is removed. From game, for all time.

sincerly yours

/Drtheron
    Last edited by Yarkona; Nov 9th, 2009 at 02:39:03.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

so...you don't like traders?

guess what, nobody does
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

I just dont find it enjoyble to play when i can´t use my toon to do anything. Thats
    not why i play.

lol yea pretty much sums up docs in pvp. Unless you are a pvp twink or are going against someone who isnt set up in their favorite profession. The current goal for docs in pvp is to UBT and CH while chasing your enemy down trying to land more DoTs. Ironically you don't get to use UBT at all level ranges lol. Simply put in duels, just try to bore the other guy with your superior 'Im not dead... yet' skills until they have to log out for bed.

Balance: docs just linger as it is now.

PVP you really have to know what you are doing to have a chance, not like a few other professions where you twink a gun on and hit your specials to have an average attempt at a win.

PVM, we really need help. There is nothing like seeing a level 60 fix/sold/advy etc come KS the lvl 100 mob your lvl90 doc was trying to solo for the past three minutes.

Teams dont need docs as much as earlier in the games history. Some professions are overpowered for several level ranges it seems. Don't really ever see an attack profession have a reason to team a doc except when pocketing, doing level 190+ SL stuffs or getting implants equip'd. Who needs a healer when the mob will only live long enough to hit 4-5 times?
    j00 r0xx0r, Coffeebeans! You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00 (I blame Marty McFly)

Providing services:
    afk'd teams for mish pullers - raidbot admin butt kissing for loot advantages - pocketing of lvl100 medsuit enthusiast - alts for pvp point farming - game suggesting of team content for your soloing needs - deviant adolescent behavior training for your forum conversational skills.

Bring this back around to some suggestions for balance and constructive dialogue, please. Telling people to delete their characters is not generally what we consider "constructive dialogue." Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I was having some fun with a doc in 2ho earlier. With him kiting it was absolutely impossible for my hotswap alpha to work while he was in range of it the whole 1-3 seconds. Also, it was impossible for him to kill me.

I think there's a bit of overreaction in this post. I've been wondering a lot lately about docs and how they're going to be after the heal nerf. Since we don't know much about it yet, not many people can construct suggestions and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeebeans View Post
    PVP you really have to know what you are doing to have a chance, not like a few other professions where you twink a gun on and hit your specials to have an average attempt at a win.
    Sorry, this isn't how it works at all.

In most cases a person who has no clue how to play in pvp, even with top equip will be destroyed by anyone who knows how to play.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 9th, 2009 at 03:51:03. Reason: removed obscenity
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

You could rephrase what Coffeebeans said like this :

Play a doctor in pvp require more (read a lot more) patience, work (on gear), and skill to perform in pvp if you compare to other profs (not all, but a pretty good number).

You could argue about duels, but dueling is :
    1. Boring, too long as you can only outlast and pray your opponent will make a mistake before you get to sleep.
    2. not the purpose of FC view on pvp.

Just make statistics of current pvp titles for all prof over all servers.
    I guess the balance need should appear very quickly. Even more quickly if you could display the /played time only in BS or NW.

I'm not gonna delete my toon, it's my only TL7 toon and I've been playing since 2005 (told you about work needed, + I'm a black cat for rolls, but that's another story). I just hope it won't become useless, or unplayable...
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

Oh Jesus....Did someone just made post how docs sux??

Dude docs are one of the most OP professions in PVP if u know how to play it.

Ok i know trader drains sux, but man every professions have someone who can kill them easy(except engi) and some of them got alot more (like keepers who get pwned easy by all others)

Why do u think Heal nerf is inc? Cause doc heals sux so lets make them even worst?

No! Its because they are wickedly OP.
    <o.0>

Played a 220 doc many times in PVP and PVM. These issues exist similar to why AMS bypasses exist. Doctors played well are devastating in a team environment.

They could use more damage, I agree - But at a cost to their survivability.
    That really is about it.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Anyone claiming docs to be OP must be totally clueless. Anyone seen a doc
    with lots of solo kills?

You havent been to the battlestation in last 2 years if you claim
    this. So why are theese peaple bothering writing about something you dont know anything about? At all?

tl7 docs are totally broken when a trader is in bs. There is no defense against gth since it lands pretty much on first try.
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:28:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Drooown View Post
    Oh Jesus....Did someone just made post how docs sux??

Dude docs are one of the most OP professions in PVP if u know how to play it.

Ok i know trader drains sux, but man every professions have someone who can kill them easy(except engi) and some of them got alot more (like keepers who get pwned easy by all others)

Why do u think Heal nerf is inc? Cause doc heals sux so lets make them even worst?

No! Its because they are wickedly OP.
    Well if u consider PVP as not only TL5 and TL7 (which is most talked here) you will notice that there are reasons for that. For lvl 15-40 and 50-100 docs are lolable at PVP, for few basics reasons:

1. Lack of heals due high dmg of other proffesions (Adv/Ma/Enf/Sold/NT/Trader)
    2. Lack of any reasonable DMG for this lvl. Most times (before u die, which is like 10-15 seconds) you pull max heals...
    3. Lack of any serious NR to fight vs Trad/MP/NT
    4. No evades at all, which means that everyone will hit you...

As it goes for lvl 110+, when well equipped doc can UBT and CH it starts to be good, yet, it aint enough to fight Enfs or NTs

Most problem is all dmg new twinks can deal - in that metter doc didnt get ANY even half usable heals (perk for 200 hp regain aint that much). Proc from ring (100+) allows to heal better, but you will find urself out of nano very shortly.

I got lvl 60 PVM doc, for TOTW. With Comb AI armor, all tweaked imps ql 180ish and selfed around 680 nano skills. In PVP, i can stand vs gimp characters, but every well twinked lvl 60-70 will own me, it just the metter of time. Was able to stand once vs soldier, till I ran out of nano (all time I was healing my arse with everything). Got 3.2k HP and 3.4k Nano...

So, docs are OP only when it comes to high lvl.

Now, about use of docs in PVM and in teams. Most of lvling are borg kiteing (froobs) and Hecks camping with Outside Tank. Noone needs doc. If players have full team, they will most times pull such dmg, that there is no need to heal aswell, so yes - docs are useless till lvl 150ish I guess.

There was LONG time, since I find my doc needed in team...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    with lots of solo kills?

You havent been to the battlestation in last 2 years if you claim
    this. So why are theese peaple bothering writing about something you dont know anything about? At all?

tl7 docs are totally broken when a trader is in bs. There is no defense against gth since it lands pretty much on first try.
    No but I see Docs with absolute assloads of team kills.

Docs are easily the top of the list when it comes to professions, if played well, that make a difference to the outcome of a battle. That goes for BS and for Mass PvP.

You're also understating the number of professions that a Doc can kill, particularly with Malpractice, the new pistols and the current pistol perks.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

with lots of solo kills?
    Check Rmik's solo kill count and ability to kite and tank a small zerg. But anyhow, I wouldn't really consider docs all that OP, malp+AS is probably a bit much but not as crazy as some of the other stuff flying around in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    For lvl 15-40 and 50-100 docs are lolable at PVP, for few basics reasons:
    I stopped here because you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

If you have one. I guess almost everyone that have a couple of alts have a doc.{Edited by Yarkona} Stand still. be drained out all nano. stunned, smacked around so you cant even use free movement stims. And be drained of all skills. And ofc while you being on full def.

If you own i doc, delete the game and enjoy some family time instead. Becuse funcom doesnt want you here. Im not paying one more cent to this company until gth and chainstunning is removed. From game, for all time.

sincerly yours

/Drtheron

awwwwwwwwwwwwww i realy need to say it again
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Im so sorry , you died to someone that actualy has a STUN PERK , but guess what put yourself in
    someones elce place and imagine yourself a 220 endgame shade/enf with everything possible ingame and you meet a 219 doc in 260 symbs that spams Free movment to remove all your stun perks and he just keeps healing and healing nd healing and ofab ring procs and he keeps having nano never endless fight , till hes buddys / zerg come and own you or him .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Just because you need to use your brain a bit to kill a doc doesn't mean they are OP. Any 2 profs can insta pwn any doc if they time their specials, and some do it just fine solo. But if you're just mindlessly spamming perks and specials the second cool down finish, yeah then you might end up with a doc running around for a while with a few attackers. But so do many others profs while being able to attack at the same time. And we haven't even talked about debuffs, stuns and fears yet, toss in those and you'll see just how vulnerable a doc really is when our only defense is an active defense.

As for doing damage, well with def check on AS coming we won't be doing any dd with weapons. Malp? Well it's close to useless vs someone with decent NR since docs don't have very high MC. If you're getting worn down by a doc, well then just run and come back later. If you don't want to die to a doc, you don't have to and you will have plenty of time to get away. A luxury a doc only can dream about.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Looke View Post
    Any 2 profs can insta pwn any doc
    Yes. This proves that Docs are absolutely fine, currently. 2 professions working together to take down 1 Doc.

If Docs want more killing power they need to lose a lot of their survival power and I do mean a -lot-. I doubt whatever fabled "heal nerf" that's coming is suddenly going to make Docs ridiculously squishy.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

if u docs bother to look thru the balance documents of other professions u can see that enforcers are loosing their stunning powers, soldiers are loosing their attack perks, and several other profession alphas has had their casting time on perks increased to 2 sec instead of 1 sec.
    this will make pvp alot slower / easier for docs to get their heals off.
    what we will have to wait and see tho is the nano changes documentation wich im pretty certain will have a hughe nerf to stuff like GTH etc.
    and it will haev a hughe nerf to heals.

docs is as with all other professions atm.
    if u meet someone better geared u will die..
    but me as an enf have met docs that i have been unable to kill w/o dimach.
    if i screw that up i got 30 mins left untill next try.
    not a to bad window if u ask me.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

the amount of stupid in this thread is astounding.

docs are absolutely fine now, after the changes you may have the right to cry.

but seriously crying that your prof is a bit above average is just asking for a nerf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast