Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Artyomis

Not familiar with this particular situation except what's contained into this thread, and don't know this Artyomis guy.

...but sounds like an uber character got his feelings hurt because a GM was over zealos in his job of detecting exploits. The player pitched a fit over the mistake because his sterling reputation was tarnished. (*eyesroll).
    The GD graciously apologizes in public. Yet the player is still being pouty about?!

For goodness sake, is he like 10 yrs old or something?
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    Not familiar with this particular situation except what's contained into this thread, and don't know this Artyomis guy.
    Then don't start assuming crap about him.

His twinks were stripped because of an unfounded accusation, the GM didn't say anything nor did FunCom about why they did this, and it took a direct conversation between Means and Artyomis to prevent Arty from outright quiting. This isn't about "reputation," it's about the characters he worked extremely hard in equipping being rendered nearly useless because of the behavior of the GM.
    Last edited by Saetos; Sep 18th, 2009 at 15:09:44.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Codexier View Post
    oh an what happened to the G.M.?
    I hope nothing to drastic. I'm happy gm's take the effort to look for exploiters. If FC punishes them for every little mistake, you don't really motivate them to do their job.

I think the solution Means proposed is fine for everyone. First inquiry by dev team, then ban-hammer. This should prevent equal situations to happen.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Then don't start assuming crap about him.

His twinks were stripped because of an unfounded accusation, the GM didn't say anything nor did FunCom about why they did this, and it took a direct conversation between Means and Artyomis to prevent Arty from outright quiting. This isn't about "reputation," it's about the characters he worked extremely hard in equipping being rendered nearly useless because of the behavior of the GM.
    ya, Arty is one of the better(best economically) twinks on RK2, and his presence will be sorely missed by much of the community.

For omni, it is the loss of one of their best NW leaders, best lower-mid levels twinks, loss of a great force in accumulating wealth for omni. For clan, it is the loss of a respected enemy.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. /respect, ftw.

Not sure what exactly was the cause or who arty is, but cant u guys go back and do some uber something and re-equip what was taken off?

but yes mistakes happen, even tho those that think they are perfect. it takes an even bigger person to admit it.

my hats off to you guys at fc, at least you deal with 90% or more of the crap that does happen.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

well, one thing is getting the toons stripped and so on ...

but thz fact that the GM stripped the toon let the ones that were accusing him of sploiting think that this confirmed the sploiting.

So there is the the actual pain, and the loss of reputation.

Means, with this post, is trying to remove the "Loss of reputation" part.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    ya, Arty is one of the better(best economically) twinks on RK2, and his presence will be sorely missed by much of the community.

For omni, it is the loss of one of their best NW leaders, best lower-mid levels twinks, loss of a great force in accumulating wealth for omni. For clan, it is the loss of a respected enemy.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. /respect, ftw.
    Exactly.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    Not sure what exactly was the cause or who arty is, but cant u guys go back and do some uber something and re-equip what was taken off?
    Sure he can re-equip the toons, in a week if he waits the 48 hours for perk resets, or spending his own credits to do it sooner, meanwhile clans will still attack his towers regardless of whether his twinks are equipped or not. See the problem yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkerror View Post
    Sure he can re-equip the toons, in a week if he waits the 48 hours for perk resets, or spending his own credits to do it sooner, meanwhile clans will still attack his towers regardless of whether his twinks are equipped or not. See the problem yet?
    I think he meant FC to restore his **** for him, instead of having to re-twink
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

hadn't happened to him on DNW because of missing customer support there *muahahaaaaaaaha*

would be nice to see him back in game!

Quote Originally Posted by Unkerror View Post
    no, no, i mean the gm...if they can remove it(which is basicly just point drag/click), isnt there something they can do to put it back on without costing him anything else?

and for his towers, yes that is a prob, but im sure he isnt the only one in org to defend
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Good news that Arty's name got cleared. And also good news that it sounds like CS may have started getting a grasp on how much more the playerbase knows about game mechanics (something that has been long known by the veteran players).

I'm sure this will sound gripey ... but ... FC has shown now that they -do- have the ability to decipher what is plausible versus what isn't. It would be of even more good feeling in the community if they would now ponder auditing the toon DB to find toons that -have- exploited. Since I know this has Means attention right now I'll post here.

Note to Means: I don't really expect a personal response on this. It is just a way to get a note to you. I think maybe you understand now that these suggestions have fallen on pretty deaf ears over the years.

While many of the toons that exploited over the years could now be rebuilt using modern buffing gear, there are still definite "not possible" situations at both the low and high levels of the game. I'm not suggesting FC can possibly know if something that was an exploit years ago but is plausible now could be figured out, since that requires knowing not only their current condition but also factoring in when the equipment was geared up. BUT they -could- come up with a list of certain conditions that are still completely impossible and scan the DB for toons that match those conditions.

Simple things like:

* QL200 implants on toons below level "X" (X could need to be determined based on class/breed combinations BUT could be made a lowest common denominator). YES I know this was possible in the old days ... more on this lower.

* Dreadloch shark equipped on certain professions AT ALL

* Dreadloch shark equipped on other professions WITHOUT enough AI levels/etc to be possible for attribute buffing

* QL300 Support brains on Atrox toons (still not possible unless something came out since I quit playing actively)

* Multiple QL300 slots of Control/Exterm symbs on Atrox (I think more than the brain is still impossible for these ... and I also know for a fact certain players claim to have these equipped on troxes)

* 6-slot belt on Profession Y below Level Z (for instance, 6-slot on any L1 with the exception of trader and possibly agent).

* QL300 Ofab / Special Ofab on MOST TL5 toons (I think maybe a few cases are legit, those can be pretty easily found, others are definite exploits).

* QL300 NCUs on any toon below level "X" and on any non-trader/agent below level Y (for instance the infamous example of QL300 Yuttos on a TL5 enforcer ... bollocks).

... I would be surprised if other breed/prof combinations don't also have some truly impossible combinations, too, I just don't twinkcalc those breeds enough to be sure ...

I also think, in the spirit of truly balancing out the game in the sense of "no one has something that others can never have" that is important to look for toons that MAY have been legal at one point but no longer are. Things like:

* QL200 implants below level X ... yes, this again. While this was legal for a short while in the early years it definitely isn't any longer. You could grandfather the toons /born before a certain date in but ... you shouldn't. It will kill some very old twinks but these implants should be popped off. They quite simply are an unfair advantage.

* Caterwaul / Ofab Silverback mk6 / etc on professions that no longer are allowed to equip them (yes, I know, AS balancing should make these even less of an issue but simply put the combinations are possible for new players to create, they shouldn't be available to older players).

You get the idea.

Give plenty of warning before it happens so active players can have time to plan a new config. Maybe even have a council of appeals and involve experienced twink players in the discussion (like: we have a toon, name unmentioned, with equipment A on a level B, class C ... is it remotely possible with today's gear?).

PS. I'm not suggesting a ban on these players. I suggest the gear pop off and they be given additional full IPR. If it is determined to be an ancient toon that was definitely legit at some point maybe even give them a unique item/etc in acknowledgement of their time. Some of the cases of impossible gear weren't exploits but rather invalidated by game changes. But simple fact is simple: if everyone can't have access to a toon configuration if they are willing to put in equal effort ... no one should.

And I fully believe that FC should save the state of any character that they take action on, being willing to fully reinstate it if the owner can prove a viable method for getting the gear on.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Sep 18th, 2009 at 17:52:01.

So u gave him 10min of blackmanes stat buffer to compensate for him to re-equip yes?

friday w artyomis

My first thought: "I hope they fire the noob that did this".

Kudo's to FC for apoligizing in public.

Alien hunter Shinya - nano engi
    In progress Rhinoceros - Atrox crat
    Rerolled - Spaceboy - Now neutral fixer
    Nearly there Tentonhammer - Former Squad Commander of Black Faction Take care out there guys

FC should give artyomis a job in Exploit dept. tbh.
    8D

Any chance of hunting down the masses of people using runspeed hacks? IF BS a few months ago was any indicator a metric ton of people were using it.

In this game sploits hurt the small playerbase alot. Its funny but it hurts the PVP Crowd the most, who oddly enough also sploit the most. The more people abuse things the smaller the real hard core PVP crowd gets and thats just sad.

Bump for a public appology by Means, and in my long years of MMOS (sierras MMO ftw) I do not recall this ever having occured.

I would like to reitterate that we need a WALL OF SHAME, make it a rotating advert or something for us paieds that lists the names of all those caught sploiting. Don't have to say what they did just that they did it, so the entire player base can revile them publicly and fill their PM boxes full of spammed riddicule.

Either that or make it so GMs can remove the abillity for a player to move and then make a gallows for the entire span of teh players ban the players body is left logged in hanging from the gallows.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

/Respect
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Poufpaf View Post
    This, of course, has nothing to do with Artyomis being the richest guy on RK2, holding a ton of cities and the added wealth of about a hundred normal players. I'm sure Means is going to make public excuses to everyone that have been wrongly treated by GMs, including the people that got trained / insulted / flagged, then suspended for trying pande on their own, just beacuse the sided raidleaders were friends with some of the GMs.

I have nothing against Artyomis, but I don't think we need more people like that in the game, otherwise all cities on the map would belong to 3-4 players and the rest of the playerbase could go to hell.
    too true.
    i think fc was afraid artyomnis would get mad and destroy the in game economy with his endless in game wealth
    not critisizing the devs, i would do the same thing too just in case he gets emorage and tries to destroy the game lol

u know whats funny? after he quit the cred spammers came back
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Sep 18th, 2009 at 18:51:45.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    too true.
    i think fc was afraid artyomnis would get mad and destroy the in game economy with his endless in game wealth
    not critisizing the devs, i would do the same thing too just in case he gets emorage and tries to destroy the game lol

u know whats funny? after he quit the cred spammers came back
    His wealth and property does more than you think to hurt the economy. You just don't see it because for us, it's the status quo.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast