Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When did AO get so rude?

When did AO get so rude?

Just wondering.

Examples:

1) For fun, on my MP, ran around OA mass buffing every toon that was around [MP buffs]. I often do this, as a) its a useful thing, b) MPs were once solely around to buff people, so ingrained behaviour and c) it makes everyone around who is playing have an easier time. Jokingly say "Rawr, entire of OA ninja buffed ;.;" in OOC.

Result: members of respected clan orgs giving out cynical bull**** on OOC. Not even funny / ironic cynical bull****, more of the "Ohhh, look, trying to make a name for yourself" stuff. Ya.. ok. If the toon in question wasn't 2.5 yrs old, maybe, and used to spend her time constantly buffing NW groups at OAG. Or maybe if I'd given everyone +80 to nano prog. But.. Comps? Pre-T7 Alb/DB love, they're damn useful. Plus, my MP is setup for perk / ND, so it doesn't cost me anything barring WWWWWWWW click WWWWWWW click.

Props to the two people who pm'd a thankyou. Out of 30 odd. [Although, let's be honest, half of those were afking / rolling ]

2) Inf teams. Currently trying to level an alt the "non org" way [different time zones to most org members, or they're all 220/70/30] - which means a lot of time spent watching "LFT: X prof, Y level". Compared to the first time I did it, Inf is a dead zone. Oh, and MPs still aren't wanted, even though their DD is respectable, nano is constantly filled and so on. So, when there's nothing happening, I'll log a 220, do a random invite [aka, not being snotty, first come, first served, don't care about level] to get at least 5 other people leveling - I'm logging a DD prof, so I know I'll be carrying some / most of the weight, but its cool - everyone needs to level, and I know that certain profs get the hard shoulder. Out of a few times, twice I've done this, and gotten 0 ty's. I'm not doing it for love, but when I'm in an inf team, my first ty is to the roller - with or without a MC'd / org lowbie in tow.

Result: Do this a few times, log back on MP. Am invited to team... wait... no roller? Leader spots a 220, suddenly I get a hard kick [aka - no warning, no discussion etc]. PM'd reason: "Oh, 220 has lowbie alt advy to come along".

Props to the awesome org [JVC] who swapped me into an org team 'cause I asked a member nicely who happened to be logging though

And so on.

Counter example:

Entire team of 220's who took pity on my MP in Xan, and invited her along. Sadly, they were discussing how to make the spyglass work on the ruins, ignored my "Hey.. er.. dropship" warning, and I got insta-ganked. But still, props to the random invite

Seriously... somewhere a lot of RK2 peeps forgot about fun?!? I remember better times - perhaps I'm old.
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Jun 10th, 2009 at 01:18:26.

Welcome to AO
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

but but but...i lub u kaitlain

i regularly run around oa, borealis, newland and ninja buff people with my fixer and nt...tho sometimes i have a leet fit and turn all the afker's to leets.

i wasnt online to see the rude people in ooc but if i was i would have told them to shove it up their arse. dont mountain out of a mole hill, rude people will be rude but ime the majority of peeps are friendly enough.

I'll be yo frand kk?

p.s. despite all the drama surrounding ffa i really am a nice guy

Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Try interacting with more neutrals.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Everyone has pocket buffmachines on their third and fourth accounts now.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

You take too much stuff for granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

sometimes the Rudies are out in full force.

Just cuz a pocketful of retards made you their scapegoat for today, doesn't mean we're all jackasses.

and, btw, Love MP's for cost and CM

thanks in advance

Pff, only gimps rely on CM.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    There sure are alot of gimps out there...*hides from them*
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    And I'm a living proof to that.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

I ninja buff TL7s with CM and lowbie profs that rely on MP lub, all the time... never had anyone get disgruntled over it in all the years I've been in AO o_O Sounds odd.

As for teams-Stick with players you know, and don't be surprised when a team of randoms treats you rudely. They'll learn eventually when they stop getting invites themselves.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    Just wondering.

Examples:

1) For fun, on my MP, ran around OA mass buffing every toon that was around [MP buffs]. I often do this, as a) its a useful thing, b) MPs were once solely around to buff people, so ingrained behaviour and c) it makes everyone around who is playing have an easier time. Jokingly say "Rawr, entire of OA ninja buffed ;.;" in OOC.

Result: members of respected clan orgs giving out cynical bull**** on OOC. Not even funny / ironic cynical bull****, more of the "Ohhh, look, trying to make a name for yourself" stuff. Ya.. ok. If the toon in question wasn't 2.5 yrs old, maybe, and used to spend her time constantly buffing NW groups at OAG. Or maybe if I'd given everyone +80 to nano prog. But.. Comps? Pre-T7 Alb/DB love, they're damn useful. Plus, my MP is setup for perk / ND, so it doesn't cost me anything barring WWWWWWWW click WWWWWWW click.

Props to the two people who pm'd a thankyou. Out of 30 odd. [Although, let's be honest, half of those were afking / rolling ]
    That's weird - I get a lot less positive replies when I ninja buff everyone in OA with dragon morph.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I think this thread will really influence the general perception and rudeness will be present, far far less after you posted this.

Also, I don't mind being ninja buffed, swim expertise, leet, backpain, meat shield are all the things people usually spam me with when they see me ;p

After the years of playing, I have stopped teaming people I don't know around the time of LE launch, it made my gaming:

1. Far less annoying
    2. More fun \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    I think this thread will really influence the general perception and rudeness will be present, far far less after you posted this.

Also, I don't mind being ninja buffed, swim expertise, leet, backpain, meat shield are all the things people usually spam me with when they see me ;p

After the years of playing, I have stopped teaming people I don't know around the time of LE launch, it made my gaming:

1. Far less annoying
    2. More fun \o/
    Pala flamed me

p.s. Welcome back. You might (or might not, you know too many people) remember my MP from LB.

Pala flamed me
    The first one was meant to reflect the ironic part!

p.s. Welcome back. You might (or might not, you know too many people) remember my MP from LB.
    Hi lag o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Well, I think the rudeness becomes from the fact that many intelligent players have left the sinking ship, and the retarded ones remain.....Since there are less people online, many people are used to team with either org only or then with OST. Many people also have many accs on their disposal, and my god, what drama it brings when you even say "Hello!" to somebody who is dragging his alt in /afk /follow behind him. Most teams I have recently joined start with "hi, you have OST ?".

Alltough the first sentence here was kinda ironic, it has a drop of truth in it too. Nowadays most ingame content besides regular grinding with OST include either some drama in towers/pande/tara, which usually will draw retarded peeps. Is it any wonder that many of the good guys have left this wheel of fortune a long time ago ? Even RP starts to sound good alternative to it really (well at least ARK lead events...like invading Rome/OA/Bor, or something). Now the 98% of the population is focused solely on either grind or pvp(drama). This game should offer more tbh, and not meaning purely FC here..

Rarely you see people anymore with ability to say "thanks !" or do anything out of their benefit-zone. Ninja-buffing(other than leet..) has been dead for years, helping some random dude to get safely to Foremans, or getting that new shiny toon an exarch robe from Totw.....long gone....The common manners have been degraded and there arent that many "Helpers" left, who enjoy helping others for the pure joy of helping, not because they get 2m/lvl or BOC as a reward. When last of them log off, this game officially dies. Hopefully not soon though.

Many ppl tend to agree, that this game needs more new blood, and refreshment. I just wonder, how many newbies have heard these kind of discussions before uninstalling AO lately ;

"Could u tell where temple is ?"
    - lol, newb. zone to newland dude..

"How can i use nanochrystal ?"
    - put it in your pocket, it keeps your hole warm before the next guy comes in...

"Can i get worangle ?"
    - ****ing noob, welcome to ignore list. learn to spell right.

"Heyas ! Finally team ! How are you ?"
    - hi, how high imps or symbs do you have ?
    "umm....dont know, i have some ql 30sh. dont know much stuff about them.."
    - ok, bye.
    <kick from team>

"Hi, could you help me to get lego scythe ?"
    - yeah....that one will be found on my ignore list. welcome to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

I think this is a result of grinding on hecklers

and lack of population

You know what? It has NOTHING to do with hecklers or anything else. It's something like personality. Still, every week i log in to my Newb-Island toon and answer questions, help people with their quest and give 'em advices. Some of them kept leveling, some of them gave up. However atleast i tried and enjoyed while doing it.

Selfishness is ignorance, is a bliss.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

I dont mind being ninjabuffed, since i simply right click it if i dont want it, although in the battle stations i wanna kick shades in the nutz for giving me "faster than your shadow" but CM is always kewl, and the cost that goes with it, i dont need CM to cast any buffs besides my really high SL damage buffs but its +15 damage so.....no need really. I wont bitch if ya buff meh, i like it. But i also like phaal or any other food thats painful to my gastointestinal tract. :P

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast