Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 8th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Dirty Underpants of Bungerman

Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.
    As a requirement, make this a pass it along item. For fun... (social ofc) if you "inspect" someone, you automatically gain this item and wear it (current social pants are unequipped). You can only unequip this item when someone else inspects your toon. The description of this item (bottom half) must list all people that had worn this pair of undergarments. You cannot uncheck your social tag to hide/hoard this item. IF worn longer then 5 days, it automatically finds a new host, as obviously you are too dumb to maintain it's thirst for stupidity.
    One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.
    =auto-emotes; your toon goes through all emotes randomly until the loss of these shorts... (but your toons still functions normally... he/she/it only acts like an arse)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

that's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    No faction or side restrictions
    Yes to shade wearable
    As a requirement, make this a pass it along item. For fun... (social ofc) if you "inspect" someone, you automatically gain this item and wear it (current social pants are unequipped). You can only unequip this item when someone else inspects your toon. The description of this item (bottom half) must list all people that had worn this pair of undergarments. You cannot uncheck your social tag to hide/hoard this item. IF worn longer then 5 days, it automatically finds a new host, as obviously you are too dumb to maintain it's thirst for stupidity.
    =auto-emotes; your toon goes through all emotes randomly until the loss of these shorts... (but your toons still functions normally... he/she/it only acts like an arse)
    Bump!

Actually, once they migrate the db, why would it -not- be a 2gb patch? I assume all clients have the embedded db now and with a new version of that db I don't see much way to avoid a huge download - except possibly if they have a conversion tool and then you download and the db skeleton and run the convert tool, saving having to essentially re-download the whole db.
    I am Dagget

Actually that is a good point. I suspect some form of conversion tool would come down and run as part of the patch. But in the event that it dies they will probably have a good version for download. Either way being ready for a huge patch might not be bad advice.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

It's next week already, come on testlive patch! Couldn't give 2 hoots about instanced pandas but I want to see what you've done for ranged advies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandibel View Post
    It's next week already, come on testlive patch! Couldn't give 2 hoots about instanced pandas but I want to see what you've done for ranged advies.
    Bump, except it's not advs i care about
    i R not spik engrish

Bump for Enf (1/2HB) works (boo for instanced Pande.. no more carebear please!!)

Bump for new shorts!!!!
    Last edited by Ittledoc; May 12th, 2009 at 21:36:53.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher

and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

(boo for instanced Pande.. no more carebear please!!)
    because pande will be soooo easy without a zerg
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCharacters View Post
    because pande will be soooo easy without a zerg
    I believe the point is the opposite.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    But as someone pointed out there is alot of junk in the database that could be removed from game and no one would care at all. A good of armor and weapns and general junk loot that I am sure would free up some serious space. Like really the nano Give Energy 10 nano points. Prehaps since the db has become an issue they could at least take the time to scroll through it and say hey that should go on some items.
    Debump on removing items. There are some real pearls out there yet to be discovered.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    Debump on removing items. There are some real pearls out there yet to be discovered.
    Pearls that none discovered in 8 years can be thrown in garbage bin with all the rest of the crap imo.

this talk about removing items is just silly. since the actual file-size of all current items+nanos is just under 80meg.

calling it the "item database" is really a misnomer, as more than just "items" are stored in it. all the textures, meshes, etc are also in there. which take up alot more space than just some random text that make up item data.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

No faction or side restrictions
    Yes to shade wearable
    sounds kind of like an STD O.o but bump regardless !
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Instead of creating "new" items hense making many items worthless (whole sets of Graft/flowers/kirch/etc used to be sought after... ***cough** a long time ago *** eons ***) and labeled as trash on mobs, make improvements to them. (you did for some of the wpns). Like doing a TS to armor and combine with another (MIY?). (this would engage not only fr00b players but also twinks and make mission loot viable again.

Ow, little idea on patching, isn't it possible to hash an update into parts like: mechanics, loot, mobs, areas, etc. And all "definitive" coding for a patch could be uploaded slowly to the clients.

Explanation:

You start AO, AO says there's a pre-patch ready, wanna download or not?

Press yes, and game starts downloading pre-patch while player logsingame. At end of pre-patching, files are stored in a special folder. When actual patch will be online, launcher only downloads the missing parts and then installs everything.

Result: downloading "pressure" is spread around instead of focused on one moment, and players can patch and log in much quicker.

For those who wonder, it's the system they are using now in another game; AO (Atlantica Online).

I hope my clumsy explanation is clear enough and might give FC some ideas.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Sorry.. have to do a bump.. 20 hours (almost 21) and no comments....

(~and the tumble weeds roll on by ~)

Sorry.. have to do a bump.. 20 hours (almost 21) and no comments....

(~and the tumble weeds roll on by ~)
    *sits cross legged on the floor in Zen-like quiet, wondering what the next FWM might bring*
    Last edited by Troxxor; May 15th, 2009 at 14:06:27. Reason: Big fat trox fingers + hammer + keyboard = bad
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

first!
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent