Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: About enfos, 2he & 2hb.

About enfos, 2he & 2hb.

As Means said once, blunt perklines will get fixed, but not now (i guess we should understand it'll happen in 6-8 months).

Actually, most of 220 enfos are using 2he weapons. Why ?
    2hb is light blue while 2he is green, and mostly the godlike perkline.

Cleave 1 perk point Damage: 92-170 Recharge time: 35s
    Pulverize 2 perk points Damage: 43-81 Recharge time: 30s

You may notice 2hb perkline needs 1 more perk point to get a special attack (Reaver gives Tranfix, Pain Lance & Slice and Dice at 4, 7, 9 perk points while Hammer and Anvil, Overwhelming Might & Seismic Smash comes with 5, 8, 10 points) and also that Pulverize max dmg is not even close to Cleave minimal, [Irony] but i guess 5s more recharge justify that.[/Irony] The damage output for all 2hb perks is always far behind 2he ones. The reason ? Who knows....

Weapon wise, we got HEoT, Xan of Pride and Dread Bear. All 2he weapons are faster than 2hb, and still all got same minimal damage. It's even possible to use a crit scope and a 2he weapon with no penalty on speed in full defense. Worst is about Fast attack, which is around 6 sec with 2he weapon, and 9s with 2hb.

Last smart move from devs, give Xan of Pride +30 BM/PM, making trox enfos able to self all their nanos without using nano enhancer/com relay, freeing their utils slot for others items. So troxes, who already had the advantage of HP, now lose the disadvantage of low intelligence (trickledown for nanoskills). People who are playing other breeds as enfo, just take that up ur ***.
    While Xan of Gluttony is just a joke. I doubt enfos will use a weapon with no brawl, and mods are clearly a wink to MPs, may they enjoy it !

Next smart idea ? New star/nanodeck, which will give even more love to 2he enfos.

So can't you understand blunt perklines fix is an emergency ? They've been bad for years already. Or could Means make an official announce : "We, Funcom, screw blunt enfos. 2he trox ftw".
    Last edited by krumpfwild; Mar 28th, 2009 at 14:41:39.

how is fixing 2hb an emergency? u said it yourself it's been like that for years and most enfs are 2he. so if 2he gets so much love and there is absolutely no advantage of using 2hb or whatever....why do you use it?!

Quote Originally Posted by drakonman View Post
    how is fixing 2hb an emergency? u said it yourself it's been like that for years and most enfs are 2he. so if 2he gets so much love and there is absolutely no advantage of using 2hb or whatever....why do you use it?!
    All hail the cookie cutter Enforcers!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Can't cut a cookie with a 2-handed sledgehammer. You can smash it tho.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

enfos should have a 2hb special like backstab. It's no fun being a keeper with taunts.

Enfos were to be blunt users in the first place. From game guide to enfo icon (shop/RI), everything makes me believe they're supposed to wield a big hammer.
    Now if FC wants all enfos to be 2he, i'd like to see it officially announced. So i can stop playing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Can't cut a cookie with a 2-handed sledgehammer. You can smash it tho.
    Cookie killer! Welcome to Harios' KoS!

Kotty

I would like to know how hard it is to modify perks. Why is so time consuming to change, say a recharge time from 140s to 80s. Or add a few hundred damage to the perk templates.

Quote Originally Posted by krumpfwild View Post
    Enfos were to be blunt users in the first place. From game guide to enfo icon (shop/RI), everything makes me believe they're supposed to wield a big hammer.
    Now if FC wants all enfos to be 2he, i'd like to see it officially announced. So i can stop playing mine.
    this

What amazes me is that we're told that blunt fixes are coming, but to be patient. I can understand waiting for perk fixes on the theory that they're hard, but what I can't understand is when every item introduced for enforcer in the last three patches has just INCREASED the advantage of 2he over blunt.

2hbump
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

new enfo hhab adds +50 2he, -50 2hb and -50 1hb

2hb or 1hb should have always been the weapon/weapon line of choice for enforcers. But due to poor implementation, forgetfulness, resources spent elsewhere, ignorance, time, the coming and going of devs, the 1hb and 2hb perk lines never got their time to shine. With slice n dice being a powerful perk in pvp it is going to take a lot more for the pvp fanatics to ditch their 2he and try 1hb and 2hb once/if it is ever fixed properly.

So is there anyone in FC staff working on AO who could tell if blunt enfos are condemned to join piercing/melee energy enfos in some back hole ?

Quote Originally Posted by krumpfwild View Post
    ...[Irony] but i guess 5s more recharge justify that.[/Irony] ...
    That's not irony, it's sarcasm

But yeah, you're right for the most part, 2hb sucks.

The issue is a neverending story though. Unless if FC makes them virutally identical, thus removing that part where they are two very different weaponlines, one will always be better; either 2he or 2hb. Compare it to ranged and melee advs.. Melee and 2he are way on top. As soon as ranged and 2hb get the upper hand, people will swap and commence to complain that melee advs and 2he enforcers need some love

If i'd look realistic to the diffence between a sword and a gigantic hamer i'd say:
    Sword: faster speed and lower dmg. (this don't mean nerfing 2he dmg)
    Hamer: slower speed and higher dmg.

Bump for fixing 2hb weps+perks for enfos
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Sword: faster speed and lower dmg. (this don't mean nerfing 2he dmg)
    But it could!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Bump for 2hb love
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    What amazes me is that we're told that blunt fixes are coming, but to be patient. I can understand waiting for perk fixes on the theory that they're hard, but what I can't understand is when every item introduced for enforcer in the last three patches has just INCREASED the advantage of 2he over blunt.
    Well something was done wrong, people usually admit they screwed up. Even President Obama did. But FC wont say a word about 2he getting more & more love over other weapons.

Fix blunt perklines.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast