Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oh, I see how it is. Me and Aythem don't get any love these days.
    But you left the team !! :P

If selected melees are getting a tractor beam...

I demand ranged professions get a tractor! Nothing like towing 4 keepers with their swords converted into ploughs... And then we could rename AO to "Farming Online", which isn't that far fetched now is it.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Everyone enjoys the game in their own way. Perfekt likes to complain about everything. It is his "playstyle" :P
    Make no mistake, I only complain about things that deserve to be complained about. Seeing as you don't take me or any of the non-fanboys seriously, that's even more indicative of how crappy your hosting is. But hey, I guess fanboys are most of what you have left eh? I guess I could see why you only cater to them.

I guarantee you that if FC hadn't waited several years to fix stuff (which is still broken and unfixed) that needs to be fixed, you wouldn't have me complaining at all. I'm a very reasonable person and if I see you trying I'm gonna be quiet about your crappy history and let you prove yourself.

Shiny new objects are great but they do nothing to cure the many problems in-game, problems that harass new and old players all the time.

But hey, it's cool....I get to roam around borealis in a choke-hazard-lazyboy to prove how crappy you are....don't even have to complain on the forums now. (but I still will ofc)

Nice booster, it looks pretty large and well designed.

The only thing that makes me sad is the increasing gap between neutrals and sided.
    Beside the great fun of exploring the new zones, paying for a booster where the main stat increase is for people that already have a large advantage over me has a bitter taste.
    Thymoglobule - lvl 220 neutral solitus trader on Rimor
    Anarchist of La Troupe

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    First page
    I've Seen this Scorpion Style Reverse Fear In Effect.

It's Amazing
    Brutalthug16 - Resident Testlive Noobie
    Hellrule - RK1 crat
    Hellhealer - RK1 doc

Quote Originally Posted by Thymoglobul View Post
    Nice booster, it looks pretty large and well designed.

The only thing that makes me sad is the increasing gap between neutrals and sided.
    Beside the great fun of exploring the new zones, paying for a booster where the main stat increase is for people that already have a large advantage over me has a bitter taste.
    Neutral power issues were not something we were going to try and squeeze-fix in this booster. ( we were delayed enough :P ) It is an important issue to a great many players...and it is not going to be swept under the carpet and forgotten. I don't have anything specific in mind...but we'll work something out that addresses the issue.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

at the moment, the spirits from the xan quests combine with unhappy spirits to make ql 270 spirits.

are ql 300 spirits going to be attainable for shades apart from the ql 300 head for which we have a ql 300 computer skill spirit ?

are the items to make them going to be dropping in the final 12 person instance ?

just wondering because for shades, it was long long over due news that we would get access to ql 300 spirits.
    Last edited by mr_road; Feb 21st, 2009 at 16:30:35.

means are you aware of spectez dropping sparkling scimitars like crazy ?
    would love to see outcome of solution soon.
    a lot of people sold/bought 1 last few days.
    we are kind of sitting with hands in hair waiting if it will be
    taken away or we are allowed to keep it.

would love to hear your view on this .
    Last edited by blackwitch2004; Feb 21st, 2009 at 16:34:10.
    With all my power I give courage to me and my family

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Make no mistake, I only complain about things that deserve to be complained about. Seeing as you don't take me or any of the non-fanboys seriously, that's even more indicative of how crappy your hosting is. But hey, I guess fanboys are most of what you have left eh? I guess I could see why you only cater to them.

I guarantee you that if FC hadn't waited several years to fix stuff (which is still broken and unfixed) that needs to be fixed, you wouldn't have me complaining at all. I'm a very reasonable person and if I see you trying I'm gonna be quiet about your crappy history and let you prove yourself.

Shiny new objects are great but they do nothing to cure the many problems in-game, problems that harass new and old players all the time.

But hey, it's cool....I get to roam around borealis in a choke-hazard-lazyboy to prove how crappy you are....don't even have to complain on the forums now. (but I still will ofc)
    You are still here...and have been for a long, long time apaprently, and despite hating everything we do you remain a customer. I don't know what we did to deserve such loyalty...but thank you! I'm sorry this preorder item was not to your liking. I will pass your feedback regarding "exhaust" on to our artists. We'll see if there is anything we can do about this particular issue.

You are reasonable? Excellent! Please tell me the "Perfekt 10" issues I should look into. If we can make you happy we should be in good shape..right? Post that "Perfekt 10" right here...we can make a whole thing about it...it will be fun.

I hope you at least enjoyed some of the new shiny things...they were a great deal of work to make

"Perfekt 10"..that is excellent...I can't wait to see it.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

If
    "Get over here!" reverse knockback is in the works.
    means fixers wont be able to kite melee profs anymore (like we can now with enfs rage and so many people being unrootable, but thats different point) you will sure loose this loyal customer once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    If

means fixers wont be able to kite melee profs anymore (like we can now with enfs rage and so many people being unrootable, but thats different point) you will sure loose this loyal customer once again.
    Well since you're fixers I could totally see them having an anti-vortex nano.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Moan, whine, bitch complain, whine whine rant, misery, melancholy, complain. Bitchbitch moan whine mumble rant complain moan deride.

Complain complain, moanmoanmoan, grumble-bitch misery, No-one at FC likes me
    Fixed it for you!
    Typical, you wait ages for a bugfix, then none come along at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Well since you're fixers I could totally see them having an anti-vortex nano.
    That would be very sweet

Neutral power issues were not something we were going to try and squeeze-fix in this booster. ( we were delayed enough :P ) It is an important issue to a great many players...and it is not going to be swept under the carpet and forgotten. I don't have anything specific in mind...but we'll work something out that addresses the issue.
    That's some fantastic news Means, feels good to know we're not gonna be forgotten.
    When you will be thinking about how to keep the power gap acceptable between us and sideds, maybe you could also start a wider brainstorming about how to rework neutrals place in the great scheme of things in AO.

Thanks for the awesome work on the booster, and be sure we neutrals are looking forward for what you will propose for us in the future ^^
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Oh, I see how it is. Me and Aythem don't get any love these days.
    Couldn't have done it without you or Aythem.

Traditionally designers leaving a team receive BLAME...not praise :P. You are guys are an exception and are missed. For the one or two hours a day we don't gett to see you in the office

Thanks for all the smokes too!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake

Well done Means and the AO-team, highly impressive work IMO. New content + Lazyboy ftw!

After I pulled that lever down in the outpost, my first word was wow! (No, not that trolls and goblins mmo by blizzard).

I really enjoy this booster. Thanks FC and everyone else who worked at this.

Those of you who knows me, know that I always look for things that I'm not 100% satisfied with...
    I'm sorry, it's not easy to change such a behaviour as I'm just the same irl.
    I like to call it practial criticism

So, in my usual manner I have to tell you what I don't like:

Opifex males and females does not look at all comfortable in their chairs. I really don't think I have to explain this, just look at the Opi female handing out the chair, her left arm is stretched straight out and since weapons are showing for some reason, it looks even more uncomfortable holding a hairdryer, known as a KMP.
    Male Opis does not even lean back, they look like they are just about to stand up or someting.
    Solitus females and Atroxes on the other hand looks like they are having a relaxing time though

Now, this second issue of mine is the slowdown lag that comes from huge open areas such as above talked about really nice looking huge room and from inside the Xan A area. Moving my pointer across the screen is really slow.

See, for once I didn't have much to complain about.
    Keep up the good work and thanks again for a fun booster.
    Last edited by wormx; Feb 21st, 2009 at 18:45:00.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Cool. Thanks.

Bump for Perfects top10 bugs of AO
    i R not spik engrish

Means, one thing I still really want to know is do you guys have any plans to go back and look at other LE related things? Like changing things in BSs (different layouts, different goals, chat channels, generated teams rather than side vs side, etc...), missions (VP gained on a kill rather than drops, add an end reward, widen hallways, lock to team range of roller, etc..), things regarding VP gains or completing the armour lines (some profs don't have a back and/or shoulders). Many have been suggestion or complaing about those things for some two years now with little to no movement on those fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonta View Post
    This booster has went much better then LE did as far as technical problems. I Congratulate you.
    So far you have moved slower but made sure of alot more things then Sil did.
    Sil was still just a community manager back at the time LE was released. He was the one that covered that mass of new RK and SL instances though.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast