Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 9th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    So, please, if you DO have a theory that might work, PM it to me if you don't want the "whiners" to see it. I'd be delighted to know.
    He doesn't have one, plainly detectable by the presence of thinly veiled insults after being shot down.

Classic Perfekt posting practice, tbh:

Perfekt: "I'm right, bow to me, I know all"
    PartyB: "No you're not, <list of reasons/examples as to why>".
    Perfekt: "Yes I am, you're just too stupid to realise that I am right and I am therefore not going to lower myself to explaining it to you. Whiner."
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I would say yes to BOTH option 1 AND 2 ^_^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphae View Post
    Means,

Would it be possible in any way... to have some proc descriptions put in on the LE procs? I'm sure it's nice auno is getting lots of traffic looking up what these actually do.. lol but a description similar to nano description would be 100% uber

ty in advance
    Thief that's my idea...

Halp forum stalker!

(Means click for idea you should put in right away ^_^)

And I know the trolls will jump on me cause I'm Omni but I'm with the crowd that says knockback OS is just dumb, I don't know where you're from but here a big ****ing blast from an orbital space station would decimate Omni HQ not to mention incinerate people, not just push them away.

"Don't worry it will just push you back it's only a super charged laser from orbit"
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

It always seemed pretty pointless to have mechs if their only use was in the battlestation.

If Mechs were able to hit towers as hard as they are other mechs, then you might not need to change the orbital damage much. As I understand it, not even a mech can withstand an OS. For players not in a mech, this is ridiculous. An AoE mechanic to affect players in mechs vs players not in mechs at different damage rates might complicate it a bit but might be best in the end.

Orbitals without mechs is just overpowered for the defending side. If there are no plans to further develop mechs into something useful (outside of the BS and a few bosses) then by all means (no pun intended), change the damage of the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Defensively speaking - 3-4 doctors pressing their BGH1 and raidforce is back to full health, repeat with BGH2 on 2nd strike.
    No, actually all you need is one clan solitus SB.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    It sounds to me like Means and FC directly or indirectly acknowledged the balance issue between Clan/Omni SBs used in conjunction with the OS mechanic. I don't see how any of the proposed changes does anything about said balance issue.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

I'm with Alco on the fact that NW needs a total revamp btw - good idea for the next booster imo. Special zones for Tower Wars or whatever where you can only bring a certain amount of people so we'll finally have quality > quantity fights and maybe even guild vs. guild in some form.
    Exactly. This should be the main focus, if you really want to see NW alive and kicking again.

OS will never be used again. Ever. Spliting people up in tl7 pvp is useless unless it knocks them like a good minute away. As far as the little damage it does, doctors will perk heal and group heal it back within 5 secs.

Its been said, but:

#2, because #1 will just be another excuse for clans

But anyway. Are you going to tell us, that you HONESTLY believe, that a raidforce of 25 toons (without SB/OS I might add) is going stand up to a raidforce of 50 toons (with SB/OS I might add), and win?

So, please, if you DO have a theory that might work, PM it to me if you don't want the "whiners" to see it. I'd be delighted to know.
    Where did I say something about a raidforce of 25 going up against a raid of 50? I didn't. Stop trying to make it sound like I said that.

The raid force that is outnumbered, regardless of side, is going to have an exponentially harder time winning. However, the exponent is based on the intelligence factor (or lack thereof) of the enemy. Impossible though? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    He doesn't have one, plainly detectable by the presence of thinly veiled insults after being shot down.

Classic Perfekt posting practice, tbh:

Perfekt: "I'm right, bow to me, I know all"
    PartyB: "No you're not, <list of reasons/examples as to why>".
    Perfekt: "Yes I am, you're just too stupid to realise that I am right and I am therefore not going to lower myself to explaining it to you. Whiner."
    Resorting to insults now eh hacre? I don't blame you. I have that effect on whiners.

1) I don't know it all.
    2) Just because I don't educate you in how to do what you already know you can doesn't mean that I'm lying.

Would you teach calculus to some guy who intentionally dropped out of school in 6th grade, especially when he doesn't want you to teach him?

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Where did I say something about a raidforce of 25 going up against a raid of 50? I didn't. Stop trying to make it sound like I said that.
    /facepalm

What, exactly, did you propose then? Like I said splitting up in one group of 10 and one group of 40 isn't going to make any difference at all. The group of 10 will be steamrolled by the force of 50, the group of 40 will be SB+OSed or if the omni don't feel lazy they might attempt a real fight.. the 40'ers stand a chance yeah but are still outnumbered so not -that- likely to win at all anymore. So the SB+OS-vulnerable group might as well stick together, or those 10 toons are wasted cannonfodder.

Anyway, what is your definition of (and I quote):

"Who said you are limited to either running around in a big group or running around in smaller groups? Why not both?"

My definition of a big group is: at least 80% of the side's force are sticking together.

My definition of a smaller group is: 50% or less of the side's force sticking together.

So basically with a force of 50, a big group is 40-50 toons. A small group is 1-25 toons. If you have both a big group and a small group, you have one group with 40ish toons and one group with 10ish toons. That sounds pretty much like "Why not both?" to me.

Seriously, give me a clear anwer and you'll no longer look so stupid.

The raid force that is outnumbered, regardless of side, is going to have an exponentially harder time winning. However, the exponent is based on the intelligence factor (or lack thereof) of the enemy. Impossible though? No.
    D'oh, but, your precious SB+OS forces only ONE side to split up to avoid getting everyone killed. So the side that doesn't have to split up, has a HUGE advantage over the other because they can easily mop up the other groups with their greater numbers..
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    I would say yes to BOTH option 1 AND 2 ^_^
    Oh my, but I must agree with Tim here

Also, I'd like to point out that the way I deciphered the original post, it read the two proposed changes were supposed to be delivered as a package anyway - both #1 and #2 is what the change proposal is about.

And I have to agree, it sounds exciting. Also, getting rid of turrets could still be done with airstrikes, so lowbie pvp would not be (that much) affected, just the number of viable strikes halved.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

How about making the OS take about 20-25% chunk of your health? It still makes OSes useful to kill stragglers, but you cant just wipe an entire force with only one to two OSes. It would require a successful teamwork of 4-5 just in order to wipe everyone.

With it giving knockbacks, unless snared or rooted before teh actual damage takes place, that gives that makes it a bit harder to time with multiple ones if people are pushed out of the current affected area from the OS.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

/facepalm

What, exactly, did you propose then?
    What is it you dont understand? Clan is supposed to not be in a blob AND not be split up at the same time. It's brilliant! Finally a strategy to beat os/sb!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Hopefully the long awaited Engineer Mines will come at the same time.
    Thank you Means, I'm realy looking forward t having a play with them and hope we can come to a mutaly satisfactory arrangement for the way these mines will be implimented.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    What is it you dont understand? Clan is supposed to not be in a blob AND not be split up at the same time. It's brilliant! Finally a strategy to beat os/sb!

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

1st: happy new year

2nd: i see OS a useful and fun part of NW, but with omni SB it can be seriously exploited as an advantage, since omnis can schedule which toon will pop sb and when, but when the clan blob senses an omni sb landing (since it cannot be predicted beforehand), RL shouts for clan sb, when at least 4-5 clanners will pop theirs. so in a very short term, clanners will be out of sb-s. plus it requires good reaction, while omni sb needs only preparation.

the _real_ problem imo is not the SB+OS working together, but the density and the sometimes outmost reliance on it.

Proposed fix: a site can be nuked ONCE per side every 30 minutes. irrelevant how many orgs are there, ONE orbital strike each land every 30 minutes. (edit: meh but that will lead to grief, since neuts and omnis are working together meaning 2 OS against 1)

this way OS will not be spammed at will, and will be a bit more predictable and most importantly, the enemy side cant wtf pwn half of the other side's forces that just came back from reclaim

ps: the knockback effect is also a nice idea. being nonlethal is a bad one imo
    Last edited by rimorsimon; Jan 11th, 2009 at 02:08:43.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

My vote is for option 2, but with some extra kick to it.

could mix and match some of these so people still feel the pain from above, and not have it feel like a punch from the blow-up boxing glove

-AAD/AAO Debuff
    -Stun
    -Nano interrupt Debuff
    -Nano Debuff
    -DoT (Agh gawd it burns!)
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by rimorsimon View Post
    2nd: i see OS a useful and fun part of NW, but with omni SB it can be seriously exploited as an advantage, since omnis can schedule which toon will pop sb and when, but when the clan blob senses an omni sb landing (since it cannot be predicted beforehand), RL shouts for clan sb, when at least 4-5 clanners will pop theirs. so in a very short term, clanners will be out of sb-s. plus it requires good reaction, while omni sb needs only preparation.
    Doesn't that basically translate to 'Omni SB is overpowered because Omni plan more'?

Nothing stops Clan RL's from planning who will SB in what order if an Omni SB's them all...

As far as AoE snaring everyone goes, just have a clan fixer spam AoE snare into an Omni blob and OS away, chances are you'll catch a lot of Omni that way.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Resorting to insults now eh hacre? I don't blame you. I have that effect on whiners.
    Point out where I insult you in that post and I'll PayPal 50 bucks to the account of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Doesn't that basically translate to 'Omni SB is overpowered because Omni plan more'?

Nothing stops Clan RL's from planning who will SB in what order if an Omni SB's them all...

As far as AoE snaring everyone goes, just have a clan fixer spam AoE snare into an Omni blob and OS away, chances are you'll catch a lot of Omni that way.
    Repeat after me: Omni SB root can be spammed, the Clan SB root remover cannot. Omni SB root can be spammed, the Clan SB root remover cannot...Omni SB root....
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Point out where I insult you in that post and I'll PayPal 50 bucks to the account of your choice.

Repeat after me: Omni SB root can be spammed, the Clan SB root remover cannot. Omni SB root can be spammed, the Clan SB root remover cannot...Omni SB root....
    Just give up Hacre. There is just too much ignorance here to conduct a discussion that will get us anywhere. Still after many years even the pro's don't know basic SB mechanics and they are clueless as to how things play out in the field. You just can't argue with ppl like that.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast