Thread: What this engi would want

What this engi would want

Every engi would like to get something, and sometimes, not even engis know what engis need, so anyway, just to add my own ideas to the mess, posting here what I would like to have as an engineer:

Nanite Advanced Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant

QL: 210
    Description: This nano program surrounds the engineer’s targeted pet with a pulsing field of nanobots. Every 30 seconds this field will pulse out from the pet and attempt to harm all nearby enemies. The nanobot field then returns to the pet, to reform the next pulse. This particular field has been enhanced with nanites to increase the success rate of the nanobots penetrating the affected enemies’ defenses, and if successful reduces the runspeed by 1300 points. Additionally, the strength of the pulse has been so exponentially enhanced that there’s a chance the affected enemy will get rooted in place if he’s too close to the source of the wave. While active on the pet, this field will also enhance the attack rating of the pet by 120 points, making it more likely to hit its target.

Duration: 30 minutes
    NCU cost: 42

To Use:
    Prof: Engineer
    Level: 210
    Time and Space: 2050
    Matter Metamorphosis: 2050

On use:

AreaCastNano Target: Nanite Advanced Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant 15 m
    AreaCastNano Target: Nanite Advanced Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant 15 m 60 ticks at 30 secs
    Modify Target: AddAllOff 120
    AddOffProc Target 25% Intrusive Aura Pulse

__________________________________________________ _______
    Nanite Advanced Intrusive Aura of the Humble Servant

Description: Lowers the runspeed by 1300 points.
    Duration: 30 seconds
    Chance of break on attack: 5%
    Chance of break on debuff: 5%
    Chance of break on nano: 24%
    Attack skill: MM 50% TS 50%
    Defense skills: 135% NR 20% level

On use:
    Modify Wearer Runspeed -1300
    TauntNPC Wearer 1350
    Intrusive Aura Pulse

Description: Being too close to the source of the pulse has rooted you in place for a few seconds.
    Duration: 5 seconds

On use:
    RestricAction Wearer Moving
    TauntNPC Wearer 300

For the ones that didn't wanna bother reading that long thing, it's a intrusive aura with lower defense skills at the cost of half duration on snare (30 secs) and added 25% proc to pet to cast a 5 seconds root on target.

And:

Improved Disruptive Void Projector

QL: 215
    Description: After being swallowed by the Lord of the Void, Bacam-Xum found himself with a lot of spare time due to the beast slow digestive system, and a growing anger towards his void projector aura for failing him when he needed it the most. So in an act of spite, Bacam-Xum spent his last hours recoding and improving his void projector aura into something more reliable. Thousands of years later a JOBE explorer happened to find a slightly corrupted nano crystal in a pile of fossilized material. After taking it back to JOBE research for further studies, no engineer was able to correctly cast the nano due to its corroded parts, but recently the use of a nanodeck allowed the user to compile and cast the nano as it was first intended by Bacam-Xum. This nano formula surrounds the engineer with a pulsing field of nanobots what will attempt to blind all nearby enemies every 20 seconds.

Duration: 10 minutes
    NCU: 55

To Use:
    Prof: Engineer
    Level: 215
    Time and Space: 2050
    Matter Matermorphosis: 2050
    Psy Mod: 1000
    Wielding Profession Nanodeck

On use:

AreaCastNano Wearer Improved Disruptive Void Projector 10 m
    AreaCastNano Wearer Improved Disruptive Void Projector 10 m 30 ticks at 20 seconds
    Modify Wearer ShieldProjectileAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldMeleeAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldEnergyAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldChemicalAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldRadiationAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldColdAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldFireAC -1000
    Modify Wearer ShieldPoisonAC -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedProjectileDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedMeleeDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedEnergyDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedChemicalDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedRadiationDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedColdDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedFireDmg -1000
    Modify Wearer MaxReflectedPoisonDmg -1000
    Improved Disruptive Void Projector

Description: You are temporarily blinded, making it very difficult to hit anything.
    Duration: 22 seconds
    Chance of break on attack: 100%
    Chance of break on debuff: 0%
    Chance of break on nano: 100%
    Attack Skill: Psy Mod 30% MM 35% TS 35%
    Defense skill: NR 100%

On use:

Modify Wearer AddAllOff -1460
    ChangeEffect Wearer 43652
    TauntNPC Wearer 317

Summing up again, it's a blind aura that "removes" dmg shield and reflected dmg to solve that pesky breaking blind on being hit problem, and a 0% chance to break on debuff, so we can run our snare aura on pets without having to worry about breaking it, couple things that constantly do annoy every engi.

Oh and if someone gonna comment on the reqs to cast, i would just say while writing that I was thinking of the reqs we would probably get on the nanos, not the ones we would like to have, even tho truthfully enough I was still being hopeful.

So, any other engi would like to have those two nanos?

ofc we want those, just go dig deep in game suggestions I just dont know if the snare is still going to have problems landing with those def checks.... what are fixer snares at that are on demand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Was beaten to death here. Recently. More than once. Never hurts to beat once again.

For snares I prefer absence of 1st pulse, but fast cast cycle. And no, 30 seconds pulse is a bit too long. 15 seconds between pulses if you sync it with dog - a lot of time to run from us. Our snares are resistable/removable w/o way to spam snare = everyone will be w/o snare in 2 seconds after it lands.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

2050 MM is way too much, there's no way in hell i'm swapping 7+ items every 30 minutes...
    make it 1950ish or something similar along the lines of isotos.
    also make it at least 1 hour please.

you named reflect rippers wrong by the way

mods look interesting though

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Oh not really worried bout the reqs, they are just... placeholders I guess? Not like FC would really copy paste anything we/I post here to ingame Hmm... Unless it's unusually high reqs they might make an exception of course I guess... I wouldn't be surprised..

And named reflect rippers wrong you say? How's that? What I mean was self reducing of reflect return damage to 0 so we don't return damage when we get hit, that way blind doesn't break on who's hitting. How I name that wrong?
    Last edited by Fenahiri; Jun 27th, 2008 at 09:53:50.

disruptive void projector = blind aura
    null space disruptor = reflect ripper
    disruptive retributive negator = dmg ripper

about the reqs: FC not taking it over exactly is what worries me, they usually raise the reqs above what we suggest...
    Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

The nano I posted is disruptive void projector, improved version. Nothing to do with reflect ripper. The negative dmg shield and max reflected dmg is actually self, with the nano that stays on engi doing the pulses. Those would actually apply to the engi itself, not the aoe nano. The purpose being bringing the engi dmg shield and reflected damage down to 0, so when someone hits the engi they don't get dmg shield/reflect dmg feedback, which atm is a prob, cause that breaks the blind on them based on the 100% on attack flag. I think it still works like that at least.

I like my reflects. Wouldn't it be better to adjust chance of break on dmg percentage?
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

You wouldn't lose your reflects. MaxReflectedDmg only relates to the max damage you'll return when you get hit, it doesn't affect or diminish the working of your reflect at all. Your reflect would still work at same amount, only diff is that it won't return any damage on hit, which is hardly a loss in any case?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenahiri View Post
    You wouldn't lose your reflects. MaxReflectedDmg only relates to the max damage you'll return when you get hit, it doesn't affect or diminish the working of your reflect at all. Your reflect would still work at same amount, only diff is that it won't return any damage on hit, which is hardly a loss in any case?
    Very good point. However, it would still be better to lower the break chance, since that is the root of the problem. Removing your own reflect/dmg shield is just another work around and not a solution. You want the blind to stick for a few seconds, no matter what hits it.
    Waiting for a cure.

That's a pretty good point too but, from my point of view, breaking on hit is... how to put it... a trademark of our blinds, of our type of CC. The whole line for what I understand was concieved as an area blind that would allow the engi to fight only one mob at a time, and not be a effective blind that'll stick to mobs around it, that's part of NTs toolset, and I don't really think that's a change we would ever recieve, same way i don't think we will ever get a intrusive aura with same defense checks of fixers snares. I think it's always important to get the concept of the lines of our toolset and try to improve on them instead of trying to get a change that would throw is in the area of expertise of another profession, cause honestly, imo not only it doesn't make sense mechanically but would be a real big change to try to get. It's not a work around really, it's more of an adaptation of a tool we already got, because I believe it would be a lot easier to get that to happen then get the whole resist and break chances to get changed. And it might not be perfect, but you can't deny it would work.

Woo hoo another damage shield nerf..

...are you sure you don't work for funcom?

Personally I think the idea of fixing the coding, so that break on damage = actual hits and not damage shields / reflect would do a lot to actually fix many of the problems this game has.. or at least some of them..
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Yeah I don't work for Funcom You gonna see that easily by the fact I'm gonna say they probably have no friggin clue how the break on hit/dmg shield code works at all either like a lotta other things they don't know. So if I was gonna put my hopes up that they would figure it out someday, or instead get a nano like that now, I would choose the nano like that now That's just me tho And after all, the "nerf" is only active if you're running the blind nano, so it's optional really. And in what circumstances do dmg shield/reflected dmg make a significant difference for an engineer?

I really like the idea for the blind.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast