Thread: The solitus enforcer, ql300 thoughts and experiences

The solitus enforcer, ql300 thoughts and experiences

Intro
    I have read the forums for quite a long time; having been a forum goer of various other games, I lept right into these forums once I had a paid account. I soaked up a lot of information. For 2 and a half years I have played only one character, my solitus enforcer known as Bunny "Lumifly" Rabbit.

It has been quite a long journey to this point, and it was bumpy for the longest time. I think I have learned a lot about the game, especially about enforcers. I believe I have made a number of friends, and at the very least, have impressed many people with the ability to not only play the game, but to do my profession's job incredibily well.

The hot topic these days is about nanos and symbs, who can do what, with what, and how. Today I finished putting in the symbiants that, with any luck, will remain the best through the rest of AOs life - because really, reperking sucks From Intelligent Brain down to Intelligent Foot, the symbiants have bonded with me! *(Right wrist was granted a special exception)!

So now, I want to share my own thoughts on this matter, but geared towards something a solitus can use more easily than trying to use the trox setups and rework them for solitus. I can only speak of my direct experience, but will give my own thoughts I had while doing this if applicable.

What I had at my disposal
    Although I do have quite a large collection of nodrop twink items and some droppable twink items, I do not have everything under the sun. This becomes a good thing for others, since now you know you don't absolutely need everything.

The caveat to this is that I did have things that would still require a lot of farm time unless you're in a good org.

For anything I didn't manage to have myself, I was able to borrow from some friends. Big thanks go out to them, who I will let remain nameless so they don't get begged for items

On to what I had that I actually used that might take time to get:
    - Burden of Competence
    - Maar's Red Belt of Double Power
    - Maar's Yellow Belt of Double Speed
    - Maar's Blue Belt of Double Prudence
    - Masterpiece Ancient Bracer
    - Cancer's Time-Saving Memory
    - Intuitive Memory of the Aquarius
    - 1x ql300 Ring of Divine Teardrops
    - Ring of Plausibility
    - 2x Freedom Arms 3927 Chapman
    - Set of ql300 Combined Commando's, sans gloves
    - Fly Catcher's Specs

I didn't keep exact notes, but I believe that is it. I had all the dustbrigade stuff minus one sleeve also, but since that can be farmed easily, I don't think it would take long to get with a competent team.

Yes, no farming of ql300 Rings of Computing needed!

There is one other caveat, however, and that is I also have a large ql300 city and the following org contracts:

Universal Advantage - Muscular Compactness
    Quality level: 246

Universal Advantage - Medical Expertise
    Quality level: 249

Universal Advantage - Logic
    Quality level: 240

Universal Advantage - Heart Pump Boost
    Quality level: 245

Universal Advantage - Concentration
    Quality level: 247

Please note, these contracts were only needed on the brain step! More info later.

Givens
    Level 220.

LE research completed up to all ability buffing points.

Perks: first max perks into First Aid and Combat Knowledge. Max Freak Strength and Genius. Max Enhance DNA. Max Mountaineer. Max Solitus Beta Genome. Rest of points in Solitus Alpha Genome. Feel free to max NCU Extensions if you want an easier time swapping belts.

Protip: you get 40 non-ai perks. You only need 25 of them if you don't use NCU Extensions. Don't waste time unperking that which doesn't need unperked!

What you don't need
    You do not need ql300 buffing implants. My highest buffing implant was a ql297 treatment right hand. All the rest were less than ql290. Most were only in the ql250 range. If you have higher, use higher. More base abilities combined with trickle can help stave off some of the complications I, personally, encountered.

You don't need AI30. I am AI25.

You don't even need AI25. What do you need?

You need AI22, if you are patient enough to perk and unperk AI expertise for alien armor to put on buffing weapons.

If you are really hardcore, you could actually get away with even less AI levels, but I feel that would incur too much time penalty. You could get more AI levels in the time it would take you to shuffle around perks. But, if you are curious, the shuffly with less than AI22 would revolve around AI expertise and the genome perks.

Let's get it on!
    First things first. This is not meant to be an indepth guide. It will not tell you every little detail for each and every step. Suffice it to say, the only hard part is getting your order right and putting in the brain.

For reference, this post here with Shimka's setups is a good guide for how to setup your implants for most of the steps.

I used this order of putting in symbiants:

- Feet
    - Left Arm
    - (right wrist) (this is a caveat, since not using a symbiant...)

- Eye
    - Left Hand (no particular reason)(implant is better, and I would prefer to use one if I ever got the clusters, but, really, neither are super or horrible)
    - Left Wrist (implant is better, but both aren't great either)

- Right Arm

- Brain

- Waist

- Ear
    - Right Hand

- Chest

- Leg

Color groups are where I used the same setup.
    This may not be the best order, honestly. I didn't put a huge amount of thought into it, and, in hind sight, I probably should have done the brain first, and then follow the rest of the order.

If you have looked at Shimka's order, you might wonder why my order differs. After all, it worked for him, why won't it work for you?

The right hand near last is because the implant gives more treatment than the symbiant. You'll want treatment when putting on the brain.

The right arm before waist and leg because I needed the agility AND stamina. The thing about this step is that if you remove your right arm implant, you lose strength. So you need to make up for that loss with prodigious strength. But, since you are using prodigious strength, you lose 20 stam from IC. And in either case, you'll want the agility only found on the implants. Atrox have more wiggle room when it comes to the strength and stamina side of things. Solitus has to keep a balance a lot more.

Leg last because the agility (and stamina) were needed to get the chest symbiant in.

Throughout the whole process, there were pieces of my setup that never changed. I would call this the base line.

Hud1 was primarily the inferno sanctuary key, but a couple steps I used the dreadloch endurance booster - enforcer special for the strength.

First creation of the sagittarius was swapped for a ql300 bracer of focused concentration for the brain step only.

Other than those two exceptions, the base line equipment never changed.

You will want to use treatment guns for putting in the eye and the brain.

Use V-five Breathing Space for intelligence steps other than the brain. You can use pistols if you want, but, excess is always better.

The brain
    For the longest time, the infantry brain has been the bane of enforcers. Stuck at ql180 because there was no alternative until ql280. With LE and DB and Alby, 280+ becomes a realistic dream.

Pretend the following setup has a pair ql157 Freedom Arms 3927 Chapman equipped. Use an Extruder Nutrition Bar. Also, this is the step where those contracts became active.

For all your ql300 Intelligent Brain Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban needs.

You'll note the buffing implant quality levels. If those were higher, lower contracts could be used. Maybe even no contracts, save for the treatment one.

I said before that I had additional thoughts on this: if you have the Helmet of Hypocrisy, you can substitude one of the ncus for the aquarius intelligence ncu. Would only need treatment contract this way. If you have the Gloves of the Caring Capricorn, you could do the same and not have to worry about contracts other than the treatment contract. If you had the Ancient Medical Bracer, you could use Fly Catcher's Specs and Aquarius ncu and only worry about the treatment contract.

Prologue
    And so I have typed a lot, with hopes some of it will be useful to somebody. There is not many enforcers these days, let alone solitus or other non-atrox breeds. But I still hope this helps anybody, somebody

If you have any questions, comments, or other thoughts of your own, this is what this thread is also for.
    Last edited by Lumifly; Dec 22nd, 2007 at 18:54:00.

I'm gonna bookmark this, should be very useful in the future. I had trox set-up done, and it looked murder, so I rerolled Soli. Then in the next few patches craploads of ability items flooded in, but oh well.

Gratz and well done.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Intro
    I have read the forums for quite a long time; having been a forum goer of various other games, I lept right into these forums once I had a paid account. I soaked up a lot of information. For 2 and a half years I have played only one character, my solitus enforcer known as Bunny "Lumifly" Rabbit.

It has been quite a long journey to this point, and it was bumpy for the longest time. I think I have learned a lot about the game, especially about enforcers. I believe I have made a number of friends, and at the very least, have impressed many people with the ability to not only play the game, but to do my profession's job incredibily well.

The hot topic these days is about nanos and symbs, who can do what, with what, and how. Today I finished putting in the symbiants that, with any luck, will remain the best through the rest of AOs life - because really, reperking sucks From Intelligent Brain down to Intelligent Foot, the symbiants have bonded with me! *(Right wrist was granted a special exception)!

So now, I want to share my own thoughts on this matter, but geared towards something a solitus can use more easily than trying to use the trox setups and rework them for solitus. I can only speak of my direct experience, but will give my own thoughts I had while doing this if applicable.

What I had at my disposal
    Although I do have quite a large collection of nodrop twink items and some droppable twink items, I do not have everything under the sun. This becomes a good thing for others, since now you know you don't absolutely need everything.

The caveat to this is that I did have things that would still require a lot of farm time unless you're in a good org.

For anything I didn't manage to have myself, I was able to borrow from some friends. Big thanks go out to them, who I will let remain nameless so they don't get begged for items

On to what I had that I actually used that might take time to get:
    - Burden of Competence
    - Maar's Red Belt of Double Power
    - Maar's Yellow Belt of Double Speed
    - Maar's Blue Belt of Double Prudence
    - Masterpiece Ancient Bracer
    - Cancer's Time-Saving Memory
    - Intuitive Memory of the Aquarius
    - 1x ql300 Ring of Divine Teardrops
    - Ring of Plausibility
    - 2x Freedom Arms 3927 Chapman
    - Set of ql300 Combined Commando's, sans gloves
    - Fly Catcher's Specs

I didn't keep exact notes, but I believe that is it. I had all the dustbrigade stuff minus one sleeve also, but since that can be farmed easily, I don't think it would take long to get with a competent team.

Yes, no farming of ql300 Rings of Computing needed!

There is one other caveat, however, and that is I also have a large ql300 city and the following org contracts:

Universal Advantage - Muscular Compactness
    Quality level: 246

Universal Advantage - Medical Expertise
    Quality level: 249

Universal Advantage - Logic
    Quality level: 240

Universal Advantage - Heart Pump Boost
    Quality level: 245

Universal Advantage - Concentration
    Quality level: 247

Please note, these contracts were only needed on the brain step! More info later.

Givens
    Level 220.

LE research completed up to all ability buffing points.

Perks: first max perks into First Aid and Combat Knowledge. Max Freak Strength and Genius. Max Enhance DNA. Max Mountaineer. Max Solitus Beta Genome. Rest of points in Solitus Alpha Genome. Feel free to max NCU Extensions if you want an easier time swapping belts.

Protip: you get 40 non-ai perks. You only need 25 of them if you don't use NCU Extensions. Don't waste time unperking that which doesn't need unperked!

What you don't need
    You do not need ql300 buffing implants. My highest buffing implant was a ql297 treatment right hand. All the rest were less than ql290. Most were only in the ql250 range. If you have higher, use higher. More base abilities combined with trickle can help stave off some of the complications I, personally, encountered.

You don't need AI30. I am AI25.

You don't even need AI25. What do you need?

You need AI22, if you are patient enough to perk and unperk AI expertise for alien armor to put on buffing weapons.

If you are really hardcore, you could actually get away with even less AI levels, but I feel that would incur too much time penalty. You could get more AI levels in the time it would take you to shuffle around perks. But, if you are curious, the shuffly with less than AI22 would revolve around AI expertise and the genome perks.

Let's get it on!
    First things first. This is not meant to be an indepth guide. It will not tell you every little detail for each and every step. Suffice it to say, the only hard part is getting your order right and putting in the brain.

For reference, this post here with Shimka's setups is a good guide for how to setup your implants for most of the steps.

I used this order of putting in symbiants:

- Feet
    - Left Arm
    - (right wrist) (this is a caveat, since not using a symbiant...)

- Eye
    - Left Hand (no particular reason)(implant is better, and I would prefer to use one if I ever got the clusters, but, really, neither are super or horrible)
    - Left Wrist (implant is better, but both aren't great either)

- Right Arm

- Brain

- Waist

- Ear
    - Right Hand

- Chest

- Leg

Color groups are where I used the same setup.
    This may not be the best order, honestly. I didn't put a huge amount of thought into it, and, in hind sight, I probably should have done the brain first, and then follow the rest of the order.

If you have looked at Shimka's order, you might wonder why my order differs. After all, it worked for him, why won't it work for you?

The right hand near last is because the implant gives more treatment than the symbiant. You'll want treatment when putting on the brain.

The right arm before waist and leg because I needed the agility AND stamina. The thing about this step is that if you remove your right arm implant, you lose strength. So you need to make up for that loss with prodigious strength. But, since you are using prodigious strength, you lose 20 stam from IC. And in either case, you'll want the agility only found on the implants. Atrox have more wiggle room when it comes to the strength and stamina side of things. Solitus has to keep a balance a lot more.

Leg last because the agility (and stamina) were needed to get the chest symbiant in.

Throughout the whole process, there were pieces of my setup that never changed. I would call this the base line.

Hud1 was primarily the inferno sanctuary key, but a couple steps I used the dreadloch endurance booster - enforcer special for the strength.

First creation of the sagittarius was swapped for a ql300 bracer of focused concentration for the brain step only.

Other than those two exceptions, the base line equipment never changed.

You will want to use treatment guns for putting in the eye and the brain.

Use V-five Breathing Space for intelligence steps other than the brain. You can use pistols if you want, but, excess is always better.

The brain
    For the longest time, the infantry brain has been the bane of enforcers. Stuck at ql180 because there was no alternative until ql280. With LE and DB and Alby, 280+ becomes a realistic dream.

Pretend the following setup has a pair ql157 Freedom Arms 3927 Chapman equipped. Use an Extruder Nutrition Bar. Also, this is the step where those contracts became active.

For all your ql300 Intelligent Brain Symbiant, Infantry Unit Aban needs.

You'll note the buffing implant quality levels. If those were higher, lower contracts could be used. Maybe even no contracts, save for the treatment one.

I said before that I had additional thoughts on this: if you have the Helmet of Hypocrisy, you can substitude one of the ncus for the aquarius intelligence ncu. Would only need treatment contract this way. If you have the Gloves of the Caring Capricorn, you could do the same and not have to worry about contracts other than the treatment contract. If you had the Ancient Medical Bracer, you could use Fly Catcher's Specs and Aquarius ncu and only worry about the treatment contract.

Prologue
    And so I have typed a lot, with hopes some of it will be useful to somebody. There is not many enforcers these days, let alone solitus or other non-atrox breeds. But I still hope this helps anybody, somebody

If you have any questions, comments, or other thoughts of your own, this is what this thread is also for.

Nice nice post. I got on my symbs without Fly Specs, Burden or any other Pande items but the belts. Also my org contracts are not as well geared to twinking, it took me trying about 10 combinations of items each symb to get it figured out and I was usually over what I needed at that point. I was short like 6! treatment on the last step to get on 300 leg and chest and I tried every possible combo there is. I did not have a left arm 300 so once I get it I am going to redo them and hopefully get everything on. I am also hoping to make implants as Simka did since some our symbs are pretty useless (wrists, left hand). Thanks again you uber mofo!
    Slowness
    My Setup
    220/30/70 Enforcer
    Proud Advisor of KAZE

Yeah, I was surprised that at some steps I had 1300+ in four stats at a time.

Our org contracts aren't always like that; I made nums change them for me since I didn't want to spend creds for the medical bracer, nor did I want to wait for HC and hope to get lucky with one of the alternative items that would have nullified the need for all them twinking contracts. And they only became active at the brain step, so if somebody had them active from the get-go, well, then it becomes even easier! With this semi-guide, hopefully people in the future will go ahead and get those items and not worry about contracts either (I could have had them, but certain loot rules made me pass on rolls).

And of course, you're quite welcome Wish there were more of us solitus/other breeds though. All of the trox setup discussions get discussed a lot, and I really like talking about this stuff

If I get the clusters for r.wrist and l.hand, I will definitely be putting them in. As it is, I would like to upgrade my r.wrist imp to ql300, but, again, can't seem to get the clusters, so am stuck with my somewhat lower version. Oh well. Implants are easy to get on
    Last edited by Lumifly; Dec 22nd, 2007 at 18:32:30.

If using wrist implants instead of symbs I personally prefer to put them in last of all. It'll still be easy to get them on, and it's nice to have those slots free for temporary pistol/burst/multi ranged implants since you'll want to equip various buff pistols for many of the other symbs.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    If using wrist implants instead of symbs I personally prefer to put them in last of all. It'll still be easy to get them on, and it's nice to have those slots free for temporary pistol/burst/multi ranged implants since you'll want to equip various buff pistols for many of the other symbs.
    Hmm, that's true, although depends a lot on what you have available. For me, personally, all I needed ever was a couple pieces of CC, a wrangle, and EP.

The buffing weapons I used were the treatment pistols, int/psy pistols, the int melee energy swords, and a master g-staff. This is probably solitus specific, as looking at shimka's setups, he used things like the sense guns too, which I didn't need.

Nonetheless, that is very good point for those planning on using wrist implants

gj Lumify, you nutter

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Anyway, for what it's worth, with all ql300 symbs and being solitus of course, I currently self cast it with a com relay and "just" CoNC 5. I also have org contracts for the appropriate nano skills. The pita part about this is that I would rather have a different perk line than CoNC, but, since the perks that I would want come at perk 10, they are out of the question even at AI30 unless I change my setup somewhat. If I used the alby nanoskill bracer or the nanoskill hud (once it's upped), for instance, I could drop CoNC. For PvP, I think it'd be better for me to use the nanoskill hud and have a whole other perk line that is actually more useful than CoNC. I was planning on using the offense hud for PvP, though. So, I'm just not sure what I want to do at the moment, ha.

first of all, gratz on full set QL300 symbs. Are you hereby officially the uberest enf on all dimensions now or has it been done before?

about that last question, I was wondering the same thing? I havent calculated it yet but I would need some conc trained for selfcasting the nanos, wouldnt it be better to train full conc 10 and save some IP and also get the extra dd perks from that line? OR try to work on casting all nanos without conc trained at all (and use a com relay+ some other +nano items)? Mutate is nice too to have so mm choices choices
    main: level 220/30/70 enf [ROXTON]
    alts: level 150 sec10 enf
    + a few gimp enfs

I will add this to the bookmarks for our solitus enforcers.
    Very nice lumifly, well done!
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Synre View Post
    first of all, gratz on full set QL300 symbs. Are you hereby officially the uberest enf on all dimensions now or has it been done before?
    It had been done a week or so before by another but that guy acted like a real dick about it. Gz Lumifly for your achievement!
    Turnyourhead "Rockempire" Andcough - 220/29 Doctor Equipment - General of The Leviathan Movement
    Top "Etrier" Stepper - 220/26 Enforcer Equipment - President of Whale Tail

Quote Originally Posted by Synre View Post

about that last question, I was wondering the same thing? I havent calculated it yet but I would need some conc trained for selfcasting the nanos, wouldnt it be better to train full conc 10 and save some IP and also get the extra dd perks from that line? OR try to work on casting all nanos without conc trained at all (and use a com relay+ some other +nano items)? Mutate is nice too to have so mm choices choices
    It's funny; before all of this LE stuff/etc, my plan was actually to max CoNC. Since I do a lot of PvM, I thought it would be nice to have the nanoskills and not have to rely on a CM/wrangle without having to invest IP to self the sl essences, etc.

Now, the CoNC damage perks aren't bad, and nano feast has a pretty short recharge of 65 seconds. The question for me, personally, is are those two DD perks better than sphere or survival, are they equal in usefulness, or are they worse. Well, it's a very subjective matter. Right now, I was thinking that the soli genome perks would be a bit more useful in PvP than 2 more damage perks. That said, I'll be perfectly happy with the CoNC damage perks. If I don't change my setup for more nanoskill, I will of course raise CoNC to 10. It won't save me any IP since I have already invested it, but I would be able to drop the comrelay at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockempire View Post
    It had been done a week or so before by another but that guy acted like a real dick about it. Gz Lumifly for your achievement!
    Do you mean shimka? I guess technically he didn't do all ql300 since the brain (according to him) is impossible at the moment. Whether or not anybody else has, I do not know. They certainly aren't speaking up about it if they have I figured that the enforcer population is already pretty tight, and even fewer are the solitus ones, so it makes sense (to me at least) to help them out with some ideas or guidance.

thanks for the info lumi im a 220 soli enfo and this has really helped. ill be right on getting these symbs and getting an AI lvl or two ^.^, and getting that burden of competance when i eventually get the points :P , hoping to start 300's in the next couple of months i reckon .

againg
    thanks!!
    Proud President of The Leviathan Movement, Behe's Outside Bor Basic
    The Leviathan Movement
    Peepeebedee(current General PVP setup)
    Peepeebedee(current Damage Dealing setup)
    Obifist
    My Youtube'z

The New World..

Needs A New Siggy

Here's your reminder about the difference between a GM and an ARK - <3 Anarrina

Solitus Enforcers Roxxor!

Epically the small skinny red headed ones who fool people into asking for SFA/IC or ES/FG, and ocasionally ask how an Agent is wearing Enforcer Choosen.

Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

very nice post/guide and grats on the full set

I am myself doing the big twink with full ql300 symbs atm except brain and i know what a pain it is (some others do as well)...i'd divide solitus and atrox tho, imo they cannot be compared when it comes to twinking as trox require highest ql of everything ingame, solitus is a bit easier there (maybe thats why i rolled soli shade/sol, who knows?! )...

nice addition to the enf community, think that should be made sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Lostyouth View Post
    nice addition to the enf community, think that should be made sticky
    It has been added to the enforcer bookmarks some time ago
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    It has been added to the enforcer bookmarks some time ago
    Speaking of, you may want to remove the post entry on the link so that it goes to the beginning instead of your post ;P

I just finished equipping my 280 brain. I just barely scraped by the reqs for that. If you did ql 300 quite quite obviously mad as a hatter!

While I'm deeply envious of your victory I swear I'm never ever ever doing symbiants / implants ever ever again!

.... and this time, I mean it!

Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Well done. Have to wait and see if its possible for atrox too in the near future.