Thread: A few suggestions that could get me killed

Some ideas from other games

Just gunna go straight into these.

1. Please can we have an invite a buddy scheme, get a friend to subscribe and get a free months gametime, something like that. Its something many games have and AO might have even had one in the past. FC doesn't loose any money since its unlikely that the invited player whould have subscribed in the first place without friends. And all in all we might see a few new players around the place. I've seen there is even an option for this on the account page but it isn't active so i know you guy's have thought about it before.

I know from experience that i've had loads of people ask about AO and i used to get them to try the free version and see what they think. I've stopped doing this these days since there is no incentive to do so, if anything (after having played and amassed knowledge for a number of years) its quite annoying to be endgame while your friend is just starting.

2. (the one that this thread is likely to get flamed for) Buying Game time with ingame creds. Two ways of doing this;

A.) Have passes that can be bought from a shop for a specific amount

B.) Have tradeable passes that must be bought with real money/paid points and can be sold ingame for Creds

Option A would give a much needed cred sink to hopefully deflate the economy slightly (would probably need to be implemented with other things to make sure it isn't just removing the creds that are moving into the game for one source eg. S10 bounties i've heard a lot about recently). One massive downside for this would be that in the short term FC would likely loose a lot of revenues because of the shear amount of creds currently floating around ingame.

Option B would give a possibly viable way to reduce illegal cred sellers etc but with the downside of allowing those who can afford it to buy their way into the game without having to put the work in (something that i'm sure will make some people switch on their elitist mode).

/Vdoc
    Last edited by Vaurt; Apr 14th, 2011 at 17:34:47.

Option 1 is a given and should be implemented. I know it existed at one point. Not sure why the referal program went away.

And option 2 has been around for a very long time in EvE. They seem to be doing okay...

Bump for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Invite a friend option (with a small reward) would be fun.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Pay me to help noobs!!! ahahahahaha

I like the referral incentive idea. Paying for game time with in-game credz... not sure that would be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"