Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Island clearance

OK here's my thoughts on the whole NI experience, and what I would like to see....

1) Arrival Hall to be restored: It sets the whole scene for new players, in fact, it would be great to have the hall expanded on, so that before embarking to RK or Jobe there's another room with additional information specific to that destination.

2) NI Weapons: Definitely bring back AI weapons. Actually, how about considering this... NI is instanced, so how about doing a check against the players account? If they have the relevant expansions, take them to an instance that DOES drop AI stuff.

Alternatively, FC need to consider this with regards to "Point 2".... having something you cannot use, and it's obvious that it's better than what you have, is MORE likely to get people to upgrade their accounts. I don't believe that "player confusion" results from having something they cannot use, there's enough help in-game from other players and ARK to clarify this quickly.

3) Implants: This is the only piece of gameplay, with regards to character development, that is not covered on NI. Even a simple quest that rewards a player with a single generic implant and a special portable surgery item would fix that, with an explanation from an appropriate NPC (Brandon Thorn or the nurse chick would be logical choices) on it's use. Plus an explanation of what can be found on RK to handle implants.

4) Credz: Actually, on this one I have to disagree... think in context of the game. The whole concept of a "Take Me To The Shop" is kind of bizarre to find on a mob (funnily enough they still exist in backyard pf's). On NI, there is actually 1 loot item that has the same selling value as a TMTTS, and another loot item that sells for more!!! Go find them, they're actually very easy to get. I can make more credz quicker now than I could previously.

5) Rings: Debatable.... we have access to a bracer, range meter and a backpack as quest rewards, so learning about modifiers etc is covered.

Just my thoughts....
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I remember when I first started I got the first Fixer HoT, which I gave to my friend who had rolled a fixer, a couple of naff RK pistols, some implants which I promptly sold once I found out that there was no way of equiping them then after upgrading my rifle and gaining most of a set of metaplast armour I headed off to the mainland. Once I got there I spent my 1000 credits I had earned on a "targeting scope" from the tradeskill section of fair trade to further upgrade my rifle.. but that's another story.

I wanna see the arrival hall back and bosses dropping boss loot, heck the backyard bosses drop MA suits, SOLs, Fixer nanos, implants and various other cool things why not have Bosses drop Boss loot on newb island too.

/signed

ql9 Kyr'Ozch Swords. 5 MILLION. Untyped.

People say they look like car bumpers - i think they look sweet

But really... I miss the Rings of Luck, the XP% rings, the kyr'ozch weapons (i used to have a nanomage enforcer who camped aliens for the swords... met people there on occasion camping for weapons and had some nice chats with them) now that stretch of uneven asphalt is just useless now - people run past it for the snakes and lizards for the armor quests. Yuo never feel immersed into a battle against the aliens (unless plinking at 35hp spiders counts as a battle) and it's just bland...

NI has transformed, pretty much, into "go to brandon thorn, yay lv2, level to 8, get your weapon upgraded and get your butt outta there with maybe 1-2k creds to your name".

Return the cool loot, return the glory of actually having fun in NI and learning the game. Put me on the list pretty plz
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post

4) Credz: Actually, on this one I have to disagree... think in context of the game. The whole concept of a "Take Me To The Shop" is kind of bizarre to find on a mob (funnily enough they still exist in backyard pf's). On NI, there is actually 1 loot item that has the same selling value as a TMTTS, and another loot item that sells for more!!! Go find them, they're actually very easy to get. I can make more credz quicker now than I could previously.
    If you're talking about the melted circuit boards, they don't drop enough. Even at a higher value, they are harder to find. TMTS dropped en masse from bosses, too, which was really nice. You got 3-5 of em for killing that large angry rollerrat. IDK what item you speak of that sells for equal, but I assume it's one of those shell pieces. If TMTS is such an offensive item for FC, fine, but increase the droprate on the other fundraising items and restore them to boss loot.
    Last edited by Clamdigger; Mar 30th, 2007 at 15:47:34. Reason: html error
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

This is shaping up to be a nice thread with a good ammount of people supporting it, but we need more, we need to bump this thread as much as nescessary.

bump
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I fully support getting old NI back. I resently came back from about year break and I found out that noob island had gone worse, it wasn't feeling same anymore, all those nice rings etc. just loved them. Not sure if it was done allready when I was still playing. What saved me was those few mills I had saved on my froobs acos, without them starting again would have been unbearable.
    Edit: Yeah, forgot but want back those cool RP elements and so on the hall, scene, maybe even more drama. Else just make it the way you acctualy landed normaly and dump all invasion stuff.

BTW, first post after starting to pay again. Reason AI/SL stuff is worth it.
    Last edited by Ekaros; Apr 1st, 2007 at 22:37:00. Reason: Ah, Ther RP elements.

I had a powerful urge to roll a new toon last night, but just thinking about sitting around and farming melted circuit boards with no decent drops made me not do it.

Fix the island!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Yup..I want my old NI back damnit. Dunno the reasoning for changing it as it sounds to me like a bunch of poorly thought-through(sp?) ideas from a person who I, personally would've sacked.

Lets start a org on NI in support for bringing back the old NI hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBrother View Post
    Lets start a org on NI in support for bringing back the old NI hehehe
    Oh wow, I'd be in for that... what dimension are you proposing?

Maybe you should make a thread like this one in the dimension forum where people can sign up and then sign on to get invites.

[Island Restoration]: XxYourtoonxx: Bump for Noob Isle fix!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Come on people, keep this thread alive.

Well im on rk2 my toon is Vianh So if anyone see's me on NI and want to get a org started there let me know. Not sure if you can start one while still on NI but we will see

As I settled my first toon on the NI it was a great time. With my first toon i went to athens very fast lvl 3 I think but on the next day I started over on the NI and stayed there for a very very long time. I did learn many things there because of trieing out or of experienced players. The "old" NI was the cause i started a paid account for AO.
    When i think of having started on the NI like it is nowadays I think i would have quitted AO before getting lvl 10.

pls fix NI and put me on your list
    Kalitus 220 Female Solitus Trader on DNW
    Mailou 220 Female Opifex MA on DNW
    Kalele lvl 80ist Engineer --- Growing

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBrother View Post
    Well im on rk2 my toon is Vianh So if anyone see's me on NI and want to get a org started there let me know. Not sure if you can start one while still on NI but we will see
    Ok, I'll try to free up a RK2 spot... that's my "home" dimension (all 8 spots used), but some of my toons are projects that never got off the ground, so maybe I can get on there. We need 4 more people for our org! If enough people become interested, I'll make a Life on Rimor thread to organize the startup.

Although... any ideas on what our "Island Restoration" org can do to raise awareness? I am totally willing to do it if it will help, but I am not sure exactly what format we can express ourselves in other than the forum we're already using.
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

Yeah, I want the old NI back, too

Please put me on the list.

I support either restoring some of the "neat" drops in NI, or even bringing some more new stuff to it. Anything really to make and keep it an interesting place for newcomers. After all, it's the first impression people get when they start playing the game for the first time.

BUMP! Sign the petition, people!
    Causes:
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

KAES

B.U.M.P.

Sign the list folks!

We want the Old NI restored with the good old Arrival hall, that shuttle crash and the nurse on the beach, telling what just happened. It really was a good start for the game. Atleast it gave a little backstory.

Now you just end up on the beach with no idea where you are and how you found your way there. Still some of the NPC's (even some of the new ones) mention the shuttle crash but there is no such thing.

-Ael

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222354 ... LastLast