Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buff Begging 101

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1
    Nice necro...

What I don't get is when you ask someone politely for a buff, and rather than buff you, they turn and face you, stare at you for 10s, then run away.
    That one really annoys me. I go out of my way to be poilte and get totally ignored, I might as well just do the yalm chest bump/spam tell routine.

Nice necro...

Or people who refuse to buff if you ask in a tell, how do you know if they are /afk or not without doing it? Or if the vicinity is being spammed..?
    I'm one of those people. If you're not my friend, I don't want you on my friends list. If you would like a buff, stop in front of me and ask for it. Another point to add is that fixers, seated at mission terminals are probably clicksaving and either afk or won't see your request. Only adding this because it seems 97% of the population in OA hasn't figured it out yet.
    Proud to be Alpha Omega!

Whats Really Really Neat to do is...

Wait till someone is totally absorbed in something and would have to drop all buffs to buff with requested, Then demand buffs. After the first social response "can't right now", and tells ooc explaining that atm its not possible sorry, start off with I know your prof you CAN do it. After a few of those, begin threatening PvP ganking, and continue explaining how you Can most obviously buff if ya wanted to, and was being a total dick because buffs were free, and it wasnt asking for much to be buffed anyway, so since your able to you should drop whatever you might be doin immediately and buff them. Finally you Must absolutely finish first by asking how long the toon's been playing, then exclaiming you are a stoopid n00b. Then as the coupe de gras, after being as abusive as humanly possible, make sure to place that toon on ignore so they cannot explain why sometimes they can't just drop whatever the're doing to buff every toon that sends them tells from an undisclosed location.

Works magically
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

What I don't get is when you ask someone politely for a buff, and rather than buff you, they turn and face you, stare at you for 10s, then run away. WTF is with that?
    I've got even better.

I asked a certain well-known TL7 omni doctor politely for IC. The doctor in question sat there for a second, then said "byebye" and dotted himself back to pande garden.

I'm personally proud of the fact that this doctor would rather die than buff me :O
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Heres the best:

Iam a fixer, standing really far away from the bor grid, pvp flagged, inch of my life, and like 5 people come up and ask for F grid. Being the good man I am, I comply, boom casted disband team/go back to crying about how gimp I am. 10 seconds later "hey how do i use f grid pls" I begin to explain, I cast it, then right after that they run off to ask an enf for behe, and try to bug me again for f grid.

My next favorite is when I ask for tips. After about 3 buff begs in a row, I start typing "tips appreciated" and come on, fixers should be tipped, we have to team with them, explain f grid, find the hot for them, find the right ncu for their level, gsf them, and everything else under the sun, sometimes I even have to scrounge up the ole "Back Pain". So today a 211 shade come up, asks for tons of buffs, I say "tips appreciated" and she gives me a lousy 10k. WTF?. I'm sorry, in the time it took me to buff you, my butt could have been in Mort blitzing something worth 100 times that. Now I know a tip is what you perceive theri services to be worth, but come on, 211 shade tipping 10k, who was decked out in nice gear, vs the 100k I get from moderate geared people, half her level. Please, next time I wont bother.

Buff beggers are like the dinosaurs in Jurrassic Park. If you stand still for a while they'll go away.
    Waiting for a cure.

Today has been really bad, this same annoying fixer using a perennium in GA (hint her name has the name of the weapon and the action of attacking people in pvp without consent) Makes me buff her all up, then runs off without a thank you. Spammed me 3 times again, and some other poor soul. Today has also been very nooby, advys coming up asking for buffs then before I can even say sure they just run off, maybe its because they realize they dont need buffs, their invincible.

I`m sick of giving buffs...i think i`ll delete NCU buffs
    Quadrivium .... a new begining :|

RK2 Veteran of Genesis

Master Evolkeep 220/25 Keeper I R DEAD Pic :x Equip
    Experienced Skyfix 220/20 Fixer

RK1 General of Exile
    Master Banditu 220/22 Agent Pic <3 Ze gear
    No title Spinarex 216/15 Doc
    Freshman Cratforall 215/9 Crat

BTW can someone tell me what the initials NS stand for when asking for buffs (other than Neural Stim) cuz this dude was spamming for one in Bor the other day i told him that i can buff NS and he said good. I told him that i was going to log in my NT and to meet me at the Fair Trade door. He asked me why i was loging my NT and i told him that NS is a 20 point intel and psy buff. He said nah he didnt need that.....so is there another NS buff out there?
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

this thread is great, make it alive again pl0x

i hate when buff beggars put me in Friends list, and whatever they need.... /tell fixerwink

they do /tell fix0rwink gfs/nuc/fgr0d pl0x when i am in inferno mish

Talking

NEcro,just ignore stupid ****ers like those. In borealis when there comes4 people for BEhe/Cs/ ( Fi _ I RUn away or simpel ignore them all

This was a while back....In Bore on my pistol sol, with full AI armor. A 180ish melee advy comes runnin up and asks me for GSF. I explained that I was a soldier. She kept spamming /tells to me for "GSF PLOX!!" for about 30 secs. So, I hit her with Riot Control, and she says "THX!!" and runs off. Gotta luv it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

It's hard to believe but I hypothesize that there are stupider people in game than on the forums. In fact these forums would be full of even more trolls if they knew how to open internet explorer.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Few days ago someone asked me for blockers. I said I'm a MP, he said he knows that.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

i don't even ask for buffs anymore, i just walk up to people, wave, and they buff me...even when i don't need buffs...in some ways i think of myself as chuck norris, in other ways, chuck's lesser known brother larry norris. He did some pr0n in the 70's and has a wicked roundhouse kick through random glass paine's in the middle of the woods.

I have nothing against "MoP plx...ooh and RI too" just gimme nano after and we cool :P

Another fun thing to kill time with.......

When Spammed with Buff requests ....

Simply reply with

If you can bring me the mission reward from the hidden Bronto Chef quest I will give any buff you need.

THe Quest is simple.

go down there to the bronto burger stand

click on the chef.

type "Q-U-E-S-T"

A mission window will appear with an Item and 1mill credits as the reward.

Keep the credits I need the Item for something else and you can only do this quest one time hence I am having you do it instead of me.

Bring it to me ...

Funny thing is weather they attempt it or not they wont be harrassing you anymore....

LMAO
    Founder of Omni Org ~Knights Templar~

My favourite was someone asking my advy for "Buff me Dog Piz"

What's special about that? When I ask for advy morphs, I usually go with.

/w MEOW
    /w WOOF

Or sometimes if I'm bored, "Kitty please" "Puppy please"

Helps me filter out the smarter ones
    Last edited by Nekrofiil; Nov 7th, 2007 at 18:35:14.

This is the 2nd time this thread has risen from the grave.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast