Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factions

Factions

Can anyone explain why if I am "liked" by a faction catagory..why they attack me anyways?? I thought they were suppose to be on my side? Do faction really matter then?

Quote Originally Posted by Eveali View Post
    Can anyone explain why if I am "liked" by a faction catagory..why they attack me anyways?? I thought they were suppose to be on my side? Do faction really matter then?
    What category, specifically? And what are you fighting?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Faction towards sided SL mobs is respected only outdoors, in missions (and maybe also in static dungeons?) every mob is hostile towards players regardless of side and faction with that specific side.

Outdoors, only sided mobs towards which you have less than a certain negative faction (-2500 and below?) should attack you on sight, the rest should leave you alone, unless you attack them first of course.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Thanks for your response and help.
    I was in dungeon that is located in Nascense Swamps. I entered a room and a Follower of the Unredeemed attacked me. I am Liked by both the Unredeemed and the Followers so I thought I was safe, but ...surprise! The Follower attacked me along with the Cascading Spirit and kilt me dead . Is that a bug or is it common?
    Omni-Nanomage-MP

been like that for as long as I've known.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

That happens in every static dungeon and mission. It will happen in RK missions too. Try to avoid static dungeons that have mobs on your side, though, because you may lose faction points for killing them.

Ahhh ok..thank you cbus97..I didnt fight him back because I didnt want to loose faction points. It seems to me that the game would follow what is said tho..either they like you or they dont lol! Thanks for your advice
    Omni-Nanomage-MP

Yeah, dungeon mobs will all agg. I guess the idea is that nobody will have a dungeon where the mobs just let you waltz on by, but from a RP standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Though I guess you can think of them as rogue criminal unredeemed, angry and frustrated at being imprisoned in the lonely dungeons, and ready to lash out at anyone who dares venture in, faction or no faction. ;p
    Sorhan 220/30/70 fix * Aeschines 220/30/70 crat * Mengqi 220/30/70 sol * Hephaistion 220/30/67 adv
    President of the Obsidian Order - Join us today!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    Yeah, dungeon mobs will all agg. I guess the idea is that nobody will have a dungeon where the mobs just let you waltz on by, but from a RP standpoint it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Though I guess you can think of them as rogue criminal unredeemed, angry and frustrated at being imprisoned in the lonely dungeons, and ready to lash out at anyone who dares venture in, faction or no faction. ;p
    Sorhan..that is a good way of looking at it indeed. Stay away from the dungeons..but I do love to explore...So best do it AFTER I have saved my XPs
    Omni-Nanomage-MP

Quote Originally Posted by Sorhan View Post
    mebbe they are froob mobs?
    who cares what psychiatrists write on walls!

I call it a long standing bug.

But it can be justified by RP as either:

a) They don't know what side you belong to by looking at you therefore you're an intruder.
    b) They don't care what side you belong to, you're still an intruder and need to be killed.

*shrugs*
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

yeah...I thought it must be a bug too but wasnt sure...it just didnt make any sense..
    Omni-Nanomage-MP

I like dungeons but i always check which side they are before going in, some are hard to get to like the ones close to ergo in scheol so don't like to end up in my sided dungeon
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Sorhan..that is a good way of looking at it indeed. Stay away from the dungeons..but I do love to explore...So best do it AFTER I have saved my XPs
    Or choose dungeons with mobs of the other faction or no faction mobs at all.

Try the dungeons in The Core which contain animal mobs. Their level might be a little higher than that in the dungeon where you were. You can also go farther south do Misty Dreams where you will find a dungeon with Redeemed mobs.

See
    http://aoaquarius.superfreehost.org/html/slguides.html
    http://aoaquarius.superfreehost.org/...ence/index.htm

(btw, this is a mirror of an old web site that is not running anymore)
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Love that site though has some very good info on dungeons, found the one amongst the rafters close to ergo in scheol thanks to it

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post

Try the dungeons in The Core which contain animal mobs. Their level might be a little higher than that in the dungeon where you were. You can also go farther south do Misty Dreams where you will find a dungeon with Redeemed mobs.

See

Hi Alfora..I did go to the dungeon in The Core in the swamp area..They were monsters, they were monsters mobs (not of either side) I was fighting until I got to the 3rd lower level and then there was a UnRedeemed ( which is my faction ) and it attacked me. I let it kill me because I didnt want to affect my standing with the UnRedeemed.
    Thanks for the links!
    Omni-Nanomage-MP

Hi Alfora..I did go to the dungeon in The Core in the swamp area..They were monsters, they were monsters mobs (not of either side) I was fighting until I got to the 3rd lower level and then there was a UnRedeemed ( which is my faction ) and it attacked me. I let it kill me because I didnt want to affect my standing with the UnRedeemed.
    Thanks for the links!
    You could also run away to the nearest lift/exit.

IMHO SL dungeons are a nice way to level up instead of just killing hecks all the time (and sitting on lft for hours or arguing with other toons about the "correct" spot).

If you use a decent third party map (aomaps.com) you will see the location of the various SL dungeons and also the expected level of the mobs and the dungeon boss. Just enter and check out the mobs. If they have the wrong faction for you then leave the dungeon forever. If they are too strong for you then come back with one or two friends.

You will learn a lot about your profession, team play, mob pulling, and line of sight in those dungeons. The mobs respawn, you might have social aggro, the mobs change their position, and there might be some nice loot in the form of pearls, specialization books, or rare nano crystals.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post

See

That site has a popup virus (JS/ForcePop.A) in the php
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    That site has a popup virus (JS/ForcePop.A) in the php
    Damn ads!

Didn't notice this because I use an ad blocker. Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't seen any alerts about it myself, and from what i gather online it is far from a new virus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast