Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Death Strike

Death Strike

Death Strike
    Description:
    Special requires target to be below 15% and stunned.

The effect of this Special is a massive direct damage

Attack: 5s

And we have to wait until the rebalance to get this (and many other) perks fixed?

THoughts? :/
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

yes. sadly.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Death Strike
    Description:
    Special requires target to be below 15% and stunned.

The effect of this Special is a massive direct damage

Attack: 5s

And we have to wait until the rebalance to get this (and many other) perks fixed?

THoughts? :/
    I've landed this perk exactly 1 time when it wasn't setup specifically to use it.

I think Death Strike is the worst perk in the game, and I challenge someone to prove me wrong.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Not gonna contest

I'm disapointed with the damage-nerf they propose for this perk. 18-19k dd every 3mins or so isn't so much for a class like this considering FA is 15k Damage with around 10 second recharge.

Should just be fixed without touching the damage-capacity. We're agents, not assaultdoctors.

9 out of 10 times the mob is dead before the perk lands. And yups we have to wait :S
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    9 out of 10 times the mob is dead before the perk lands. And yups we have to wait :S
    9 out of ten times, I'd say its even more rare then that :/ Been TRYING to use it now and then when lucky to to have concussionshot work at the end of a Solo groundraid.
    *but then the gen is always dead before it lands.. >.>

Or when a friendly lowbie crat is comming along and manages to get lucky on stun..

Still Gen is dead before it lands..

Or say on high HP mobs in Pande..

Mob always dead before it lands..

Hell Assassinate usualy dont have time to land before mob is dead of of regular DD..

mebbe 99 out of a 100 times mob is dead before it lands.
    -You must be the change you wish to see-
    (Omni-Mining) Iivanov Clark (Iivanov) Gear 200-Soldier
    (Omni-Mining) Tamena (Tamena) Gear 85-Trader
    Omni-Mining | Omni-Mining Propaganda | Omni-Pol
    Atlantean RP gimp since dec 2001

You can't even use it on generals/bosses since they're all unstunnable, you must be thinking of Assassinate. Yeah it sucks, but in the preview documents we've seen already it had been changed significantly. Don't see why bother complaining about it now when we already know theyre changing it soon.

Well I used assassinate like 5 or 6 times today. I've used Death Strike like once, in 2007, on a pvm enf.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Don't see why bother complaining about it now when we already know theyre changing it soon.
    We can complain about the proposals then xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Don't see why bother complaining about it now when we already know theyre changing it soon.
    Soon? lol?

Here's the thing:

I don't hate the requirements.

I don't hate the 5 second timer on the perk... that much.

It's the combination of the two that make it unbearable.

I can see very easily the RP factor of this special - your enemy is weak and shellshocked, making it easier to aim and plant a powerful shot into him to finish it off. Hell, more specials like that would be awesome. Just needs one improvement...

Switch around the timer. Make it instantaneous and put the Agent in a 5 second perk timer - or 1 second execution time and a 4 second perk recharge on the Agent.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Or powerfull perks to have consentration run. Becomes like 20k damage each 7min.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Or powerfull perks to have consentration run. Becomes like 20k damage each 7min.
    Advocating Ganking tools which have Crap damage over time, while the devs seem to be moving away from a ganking playstyle seems rather counter-productive to me.

You complain the damage on the perks has been nerfed in the document, then come up with that proposal which ends up with the following Damage over time figures:

You proposal: 47.6 DpS (2857 DpM)

Assassinate Proposal from the Doc: Average 75 DpS (4500 DpM)

Death Strike Proposal from the Doc: Average 63 DpS (3793 DpM)

On a 7 minute lockout it would need to be doing 26k-32k damage to match the current proposed damage output of the perks.

And yet the damage over time doesn't really matter for balancing because all people will focus on (devs included) is the fact that it would be a capping hit on demand, which it would be regardless of the lockout, this in turn leads to our toolset getting screwed over more in other areas.

For practically all situations (except one gank every 7 minutes (mostly a boring waste of time waiting on recahrge)), we're better off with faster recharge perks, even if the spike damage is reduced as they would then be available more often.

To be honest I'm not sure if Any DD actions should have a recharge of longer than one minute.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Dec 15th, 2010 at 15:48:04.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Your numbers, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Advocating Ganking tools which have Crap damage over time, while the devs seem to be moving away from a ganking playstyle seems rather counter-productive to me.
    Yeah right, have you seen the perk-documentation? High DD-perks will be even faster.

Agent do high opening damage and often waves of high burstdamage.

Our repetoir is designed for this and we got short-term nanos for this purpose.
    That other professions doesn't get to have the same abillity doesn't mean that it applies to us.

On a 7 minute lockout it would need to be doing 26k-32k damage to match the current proposed damage output of the perks.
    On high damage yeah. Without it could do the regular 18k damage.

So not a 7min lockout on the actual perk.

And yet the damage over time doesn't really matter for balancing because all people will focus on (devs included) is the fact that it would be a capping hit on demand, which it would be regardless of the lockout, this in turn leads to our toolset getting screwed over more in other areas.
    Nah...that it is a capping hit is a good thing!

It would mostly cap anyway, so your problem is entirely unrelated.

For practically all situations (except one gank every 7 minutes (mostly a boring waste of time waiting on recahrge)), we're better off with faster recharge perks, even if the spike damage is reduced as they would then be available more often.
    No, it's not boring or a waste of time. It's fun and thrillfull! Is why I chosed and still play this class!

When we use stealth and pop out of sneak around 50 opponents; What exactly do you think agents should do? Hit a cocoon or something FP'ish or dish out high spike-damage on single-targets and escape/or detaunt while delaying pursuers? The nano does 200% crit and adds extra damage for 3 seconds every 7min. Hope to see it becomes more effective in practice.

How do you think stealth should be used and why?

Like it or not, we use sneak-attacks on opponents, even if you might be FP'ing enfo and not use stealth/profession-tools.

I am getting tired of standing right in front of a monster and just click on my keyboard watching the same recycled animations until the monster is dead. All professions do that. Stealth is fun, sneak-attacking is fun, escapes are fun, CC is fun, assassination is fun, etc...

<3 the agent profession!

this in turn leads to our toolset getting screwed over more in other areas.
    I wonder what you are afraid of tho, what 'the other areas' are.

Is it that our detaunts could be screwed?

Is that it it could screw our Escape nanoline?

Is it that our break-out nanos could be screwed?

Is it that our short term offensive nanos could be screwed?

Is it that our unbreakable snares, perks with easy landrate and debuffs within perks could be screwed?

Let me guess, heal ability, evadestuff and tank abillity? Why am I not suprised?

Don't think I am the only one that would like our sureshot and consentration line outperform CH either

To be honest I'm not sure if Any DD actions should have a recharge of longer than one minute.
    It's not so dangerous...

Agent being THAT lethal all the time makes it too predictable imo.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 15th, 2010 at 18:20:50.

Your numbers, not mine.
    Your numbers from:

provide the crappier Damage over time compared to what's in the perk documents, do the calcs yourself if you don't believe me.

No, it's not boring or a waste of time. It's fun and thrillfull! Is why I chosed and still play this class!
    Sitting around for 6 minutes in sneak, waiting on tools to refresh is a boring waste of time.

How do you think stealth should be used and why?

Like it or not, we use sneak-attacks on opponents, even if you might be FP'ing enfo and not use stealth/profession-tools.
    I'm all for popping out of sneak, surviving long enough to kill a target and get away from the rest, idealy by going back into concealment or by not even being detected by anyone but the target, our current tools don't allow that, nor do I think that should be the only playstyle option available for Agents.

I wonder what you are afraid of tho, what 'the other areas' are.

Is it that our detaunts could be screwed?
    The whole detaunt concept as it currently applies to agent is crap anyway. The system for Agents needs to be radically reworked or abandoned.

Is that it it could screw our Escape nanoline?
    Our Escape nanos were pretty much screwed up from inception because of the power of the Agent Gank. Why else do you think such high penalties were put on them after their use?

Is it that our break-out nanos could be screwed?
    Pretty much same applies here as applies to the Escape line, they've already been screwed up. The nano rework has a good chance of fixing them though with the local Cooldowns.

Is it that our short term offensive nanos could be screwed?
    They already were, the whole concept behind them is broken, they might be fun, but they do more harm to Agent progress than good. The short term offensive nanos were pretty much a bandaid for Agents after we lost access to Universal Vulnerability Compendium, in comparison they're crap and they've pushed agents down a self destructive path where the dev teams of the past have been too afraid to improve Agent abilities cause of the overpowered Ganking ability Agents had. They are pretty much Purely PvP Gank tools, the damage over time from them, which is what counts in PvM, is laughable.

Is it that our unbreakable snares, perks with easy landrate and debuffs within perks could be screwed?
    If you get your way, then yes I am scared they'll get nerfed. Overall though I'm quite pleased to see they're slated to be improved rather than nerfed.

All in all our Damage over time is Crap, our Mimic Versatility is crap, even Mimic Doc's effectiveness is crap when you compare it to what a Doctor can do, and personally I place the blame squarely on overpowered nanos and perks with long lockouts, the lockouts don't reduce the power of the effect or balance the effect in any meaningful way, just create a boring gap between action and prevent other tools being updated because in combination with the long lockout tools they'd be overpowered.

Agent being THAT lethal all the time makes it too predictable imo.
    Agent being THAT lethal on demand is why we have the worst weapons, one of the worst damage over time templates, lacked significant and promised updates to our toolset when SL was released and why the profession is in dire need of overhaul.

If all you want from you agent is a Ganking tool then High Powered long lockout tools are all well and good, but it really screws with Agent balance in every other aspect.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Dec 15th, 2010 at 18:23:59.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Your numbers from:
    Translashon: Consentration buffs perk-damage..so we get 20k+ damage with nano running, not perk-lockout.

Since it's a PvP-cap anyway it doesn't matter.

Sitting around for 6 minutes in sneak, waiting on tools to refresh is a boring waste of time.
    Well, how about NOT sitting 6minutes around in sneak then? Sheesh

The whole detaunt concept as it currently applies to agent is crap anyway. The system for Agents needs to be radically reworked or abandoned.
    Yeah, in your opinion. I think it's a libido thing, it corresponds with other posts. Stealth is fun mkay

Many players actually love the taunt-mechanics and often play the enforcer-profession due to that. Agent offers same mechanic, just the oposite effect.

Our Escape nanos were pretty much screwed up from inception because of the power of the Agent Gank. Why else do you think such high penalties were put on them after their use?
    Incompetence! It was a rhetorical question btw

If you get your way, then yes I am scared they'll get nerfed.
    lol

Agent being THAT lethal on demand is why we have the worst weapons, one of the worst damage over time templates, lacked significant and promised updates to our toolset when SL was released and why the profession is in dire need of overhaul.
    You're wrong. Sillirion said it was due to the mimics (hello CH) being so powerfull and you know it aswell.

Obviously our stuff should function. Let doctor be assault doctors imo.

Mimic Doc's effectiveness is crap when you compare it to what a Doctor can do
    Maybe it is working as intended?

Seriously, you want agent to mimic the other profession-abilities so good as you imply here for ALL professions (or just doc?), including pets, perks, tradeskilling, itemspawning, tanking, evading, cooning and have a working unique toolset as an addition?

It sounds great, but...I am curious to wether that will happen or not. ^_^

Don't forget we're already second-best healer in the game and assassins at the same time, hehehe....
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 15th, 2010 at 19:00:00.

Well, how about NOT sitting 6minutes around in sneak then? Sheesh
    That would be where a viable defence comes in, whether it's gained from using a mimic of from the agent toolset, a defence is needed. Concealment is one form of defence, CH another, Detaunts are not, they don't work in PvP, despite my 'radical' suggestions to have them do so.

So since you don't want to use CH, you seem to be against evade support, you don't seem to want us using other professions defences while we mimic them, you can't use Detaunts and you suggest not avoiding combat for 6 minutes waiting on refresh (running or hiding, different methods to achieve the same result), what would you suggest for a viable defence?

Detaunts = Team-pvm tool. Altho it could be fun if it disabled fight so we could quick-sneak

What I want is that our unique toolset gets a complete revamp and that the FP gets extended. I like that fact we are the only pure offensive profession AO, but the diversity and viabillity of it must be maintained.

When that is fixed we'll see about defence.

But yeah, you can say I want sureshot, consentration, perk-features, disappear, CC, Anti-CC etc to outperform CH, TMS, NS etc...IE, to outperform the benefits from FP. As for not it's the oposite and 1 FP dominates the class.

There, now I think you got something to relay

i admire your ability to turn every thread into a we-need-more-detaunts absurdity.

every prof has broken / useless perks, big what?! been like this for years ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast