Thread: Choose My Adventure begins today...

Choose My Adventure begins today...

...without Anarchy Online, of course, as the ravening masses of Wizard 101 outvoted us, but as writer Beau Hindman recounted the voting drama of last week, he had this to say:

Then, out of nowhere, Anarchy Online swooped in and punched everyone in the eye. It looked like the 10-year-old masterpiece of sandboxy goodness would win for the oldies in the bunch! (The AO community's passion for the game inspired me to cover it in my other column, Rise and Shiny, for the week of January 16th.)
    So - well done, AO community. We may have come in second place for the CMA series, but our strong showing and passion for the game won out nonetheless. Well done to us all - I'll link the Rise and Shiny articles as soon as they're live.

You can see (and comment) on the first CMA post here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...101-adventure/

EDIT: Also, this made me lol:

There are some rules, however. First, you must behave in the comments section. No name-calling, hair-pulling, or spamming comments. If we don't play nice, I will turn this article around right now and we can talk about Anarchy Online instead
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

That's nice
    Veteran of Equilibrium

This guy has humor I will read his Wizard 101 article series, and the AO one when it pops, and maybe even follow it in the future if I like what I read.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Was glad to see Beau around these forums too.

Definitely a cool guy.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I liked his re-review of STO as well. It's a looong and pretty funny video, and he seems to be having a blast. Oh, to have a job you can love that much..

After voting for AO I took a few minutes to try out Wizard 101 to see what the hype was. I didn't think it was all that great.... at all. I had a lot more fun playing Free Realms then that one. Makes me wonder why so many voted for it. Even my daughters would ahve gotten bored with Wizard 101 within hours.

And I stick by what I have been saying for years. Its not AO itself that makes AO the most awesome MMO out there. Its the passionate and unique community within it. That and other sci-fi MMOs have been pretty crappy for the most part.

Thats pretty cool, we made a good impact at least
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.