Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Demoder's Corner (Tools and Stuff)

Demoder's Corner (Tools and Stuff)

About
    This thread will represent all my AO-related tools, services, guides and whatever else I come up with.
    Programming and writing things is mostly a creative outlet for me, which probably explains why I have so many work-in-progress projects at any given time.

Tools
    Description
    These tools are thought useful for the general AO populance.

Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer
    Description.....: Ever wanted to have your planet map up on your secondary monitor, out of AOs way? Now you can.
    Details............: [Release Announcement]
    Download.......: [1.2.4 Installer] [1.2.4 Binaries]
    Source............: Bitbucket
    Previews........: [Overlay Mode]

Demoder's Map Upgrades
    Description.....: A program which lets you find out which map & map reader upgrades you're missing, and can upload.
    Details...........: [Release Announcement]
    Download.......: [1.1.1-Release]

Demoder's Tower Wars
    Description.....: A website which lets users follow tower wars on both dimensions. History and statistics are available.
    Details...........: [Forum Post]
    Online............: [Website]
    Project Page...: None at this time
    Source...........: None at this time

Development Tools
    Description
    These tools are thought useful for those who develop third party content for Anarchy Online.

Demoder's GUI Compiler
    Description.....: A program which allows you to (de)compile GUI graphics archives.
    Download.......: [1.1.2-RELEASE]
    Source...........: Bitbucket

Demoder's Map Compiler
    Description.....: A program which allows you to convert images into planet maps which are usable by Anarchy Online.
    Download.......: Bitbucket
    Source...........: Bitbucket

Central Items Database
    Description.....: A website which provides a simple item search-and-display interface for applications (mainly bots). This makes it optional to maintain a local items database per bot.
    Details...........: Implementing VhaBot's CIDB specification, this CIDB is compatible with bots which already use one of the other CIDBs out there. [More information]

Other
    Description
    This section contains links to guides I've written, documentation of protocols, and anything else which doesn't fit into the previous categories.

Guide............: Howto: Making a custom GUI
    Guide............: How do FC points, Phasefront points and Veteran points work?
    Doc...............: Protocol: FLWBot Relay Protocol
    Public Bots.....: ItemsBot
    Videos...........: Towerwar History: Atlantean, Rimor
    Misc..............: Community Updates, 2011: October 2nd, December 23rd
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 09:27:51.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Demoder's Tower Wars

This post is in the process of being rewritten. Stay tuned!

Demoder's Tower Wars

Description
    This webpage allows the user to see the current state of tower wars, recent tower war activity, browse recorded history (Sept '07 for Atlantean and Sept '06 for Rimor), and more.
    You can see which property a guild currently possess (this algorithm has some limitations), a tower sites ownership history, and more.
    The website is over at http://towerwars.info/

Public Interfaces
    Description
    The tower war site use javascript to fetch information from a set of interfaces which are available to the public.
    These interfaces are intended for developers whom want to experiment with tower war data.

Data Format
    There's two output forms you'll be interested in: JSON and JSONP. Choose which one you want to use with the "output" parameter: .../content/*.php?output=X.
    Replace X with the wanted output: json, jsonp, xml, html (Not all support xml and html). If you choose jsonp, please also provide the parameter "jsonp=function_name".

Common Parameters
    All interfaces take the "dimension" parameter: .../content/*.php?dimension=X. Replace X with the wanted dimension; 1=Atlantean, 2=Rimor. You may alternatively use "d=X".

History Search: Attacks & Results
    Description.....: This interface provide attack and result history.
    BaseURI.........: http://towerwars.info/m/HistorySearch.php
    Parameters....: Number limit, offset, site_number, site_minlevel, site_maxlevel UnixTime starttime, stoptime FullText attacking_guild, defending_guild, site_zone Special sortorder=asc|desc, type=attacks|results, chopmethod=first|last

MiscStats: Various information
    Description.....: This interface provide a peek at different summaries. You may specify multiple parameters per request.
    BaseURI.........: http://towerwars.info/m/MiscStats.php
    Parameters....: Number limit NoValue most_aggressive_guild, most_victorious_guild, biggest_successfull_zerg, longest_standing_sites, side_towers

TowerDistribution: Who owns what tower site?
    Description.....: This interface provide access to see who currently owns what tower site, or at a user-defined time.
    BaseURI.........: http://towerwars.info/m/TowerDistribution.php
    Parameters....: Number numresults, minlevel, maxlevel, site_number FullText guild, faction, site_zone UnixTime attime

Most Hit Towersites
    Description.....: This interface provide information about the most hit tower sites
    BaseURI.........: http://towerwars.info/m/MostHitSites.php
    Parameters....: Number limit, dimension UnixTime starttime, stoptime
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 29th, 2011 at 19:30:39.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Placeholder.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 28th, 2013 at 04:32:49.

Missing PF maps?

Map upgrades - which ones am I missing?

And more importantly, which ones am I missing AND able to upload?
    I have asked meself this many times, and ent up with a long, tiresome process of checking the map booth, one and one map, checking map navig requirements...
    So, when I was going to upload maps to my newest toon, I just sat down to make a new tool for this.

Where?
    The online tool is no longer operational, but an offline tool is available.
    Please see the original post in this thread for download links.

It works like this
    • Retrieve your current maps&mapupgrades
      • Target yourself in AO, press T to get up the infowindow displaying your stats.
      • Copy the "Maps:" and "Map reader upgrades: " information, example:
        Maps: 4 Holes. Aegean. Athen Shire. Athen West. Lush Fields. Newland Desert. Omni Forest. Omni-1 Entertainment.
        Map reader upgrades: Monsters. Players. Machines. Arrow.
      • Paste this information into the top text field in the tool.
    • Find your map navigation skill
      • Open skills view, go to "Navigation" and it's right there
      • Enter the Map Navigation skill to the second text field in the tool.
    • Hit the "Apply" button.

Result:
    You'll have four tabs:
    • Uploadable: These are maps & map reader upgrades which you can upload.
    • Available: These are maps & map reader upgrades which you can not upload yet.
    • Uploaded: These are maps & map reader upgrades which you have already uploaded
    • Active PFs: This is a settings tab. Generally leave this alone; However, if some patch enable some of the zones that are marked as inactive, you can easily toggle them in this tab, and have the program check for them as well.

Oddities in the list?
    Map information is taken from the ingame items, available in the map booth.
    Those that did not have exact information (Borealis City, for instance), were checked towards auno.org.

If you find any information that is incorrect, please let me know.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 26th, 2012 at 03:57:51.

AO map compiler

Anarchy Online Map Compiler (C#) (1.0.6 RELEASE)
    Features
    • Compiles maps
    • Support for multiple map versions (per dimension, for example)
    • Supports 'comparing' images, only adding unique slices - reducing total file size (some limitations due to how Anarchy Online reads the map files)
    • Create maps with single or multiple bin files (all to your liking)
    • Improved speeds compared to the PHP version (a test compile of AoRK: PHP version took roughly 40 seconds, while C# version took 8 seconds)
    • Output format may be PNG (larger file size, no quality loss) or JPEG (smaller file size, some quality loss) - and is defined per worker task.

Where?
    https://bitbucket.org/Demoder/aomc2/downloads

Requirements:
    MS .Net 3.5 (or compatible)
    Windows XP and later should work.
    Last edited by Demoder; Sep 3rd, 2015 at 19:14:34.

placeholder.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 28th, 2013 at 04:33:25.

FLWbot

FLWBot & The Relay Protocol

The relay protocol:

Dealing with the Relay Hub
    All communication with the relay hub is via privatemessage.
    Commands:
    open Makes the hub invite you to its privategroup.
    close Makes the hub kick you from its privategroup.

And that’s it. That’s all you need to know about making your bot compatible with the relay hub.
    The Protocol
    Many things are relayed. Protocols SHOULD be implemented in such a way that they are backward and forward-compatible.
    Everything in this list is communicated through the relayhubs privategroup.
    Your bot should always ‘register’ its tags and onlinelist when a new bot enters the channel.
    Please add a anti-flood system, making it delay for a few seconds to see if more bots join or not, to avoid flooding. (usefull for when the AO chat servers are acting up)
    Tags
    Instead of saying that “Person X logged on in guild *name of guild*”, the protocol use something called tags.

If the tag is negative, the event is not occuring ingame, so there’s no point in trying to aquire whois information about the usernames from the AO database. Recommended: 0 for guild, 1 for guest.
    Storage information: Tags are unique to each bot. Make your bot store them as such. Example PHP array structure: $tags["hubname"]["botname"]["tagid"]["tagname"];

Syntax: tags “x.a:y.a” “x.b:y.b” “x.c:y.c”
    Example: tags “-1:IRC” “0:FLW” “1:FLW Guest” “2:CommandRelay”
    Recommended implementation: Deal anything between two quota marks as a entity. Split up each entity into subentities, based on the colon, meaning that the first subentity would be the tag id, second would be the guild name. Make sure that you allow for more subtags to be added, even though your bot won’t know how to use them.
    Recommended failsafe implementation: If your bot doesn’t know the ‘name’ of a given tagid, make it display hubname:botname:tagid instead.
    Online lists
    When a bot joions the channel, it doesn’t know who’s online untill the other bots tell it.
    Onlinelist is the way of doing this. Bots that let people hide themselves from the relay onlinelist or logon/off list, should sync the online list ever so often to make sure that people are not stuck as being shown as “online” after enabling the ‘hide me’ function.
    Storage information: Online lists are unique to each bot. Recommended PHP array: $onlinelist["hubname"]["botname"]["tagid"]["nickname"];

Syntax: onlinelist TAGID:nick:main TAGID2:nick2:main2 TAGID3:nick3:main3
    Example: onlinelist 0:Cratine:Zoeiea 0:Demoder:Zoeiea 0:Zoeiea:Zoeiea -1:NickServ:NickServ

Recommended implementation: Use spaces as separator between entities. Use colon to separate subentities. Allow for more subentities to be added, even if your bot doesn’t know how to process those.
    Reporting that someone logs on/off
    Instead of every bot tracking every guild roster in the relay, each bot tracks its own guilds roster.

What: Report that someone logs on
    Syntax: logon TAGID nick main
    Example: logon 0 Demoder Zoeiea

What: Report that someone logs off
    Syntax: logoff TAGID nick main
    Example: logoff 0 Cratine Zoeiea
    Relaying a message
    All messages should be sent as-is, without aditional formatting from your bots end.
    This means; Don’t add a color tag to the outgoing messages. If the user did, let it pass. It’s a part of the message.

Syntax: msg TAGID nick MESSAGE GOES HERE
    Example: msg 0 Cratine Testing the relay system. This SHOULD hopefully show right. If not, that’s +1 to your unintended spamfilter.

PHP code example for handling incoming RelayProtocol messages
    PHP syntax highlighting is terrible on this board (dark blue on dark green background), so posting a link instead: Clicky
    Last edited by Demoder; May 15th, 2010 at 09:21:07.

Can I bump this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrofiil View Post
    Can I bump this?
    You can so not bump this, please go away.

Bumping this one up here.
    For those that are disapointed this is just a bump: Here's some news.

I've been working on learning C# in order to make a much more userfriendly, although windows-only, version of my patcher.
    I will post more on this as I get closer to a alpha/beta release.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I've been working on learning C# in order to make a much more userfriendly, although windows-only, version of my patcher.
    http://www.mono-project.com/

Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't realize they had gotten that far on the support.

Hey, with the shutdown of aotowers.com your site is the closest site with tower info. Personally, I really like how fast your site updates ! tho I find the interface a bit dull.

Something your site could REALLY use is to have some rankings, similar to what aotowers used to have. The best would be to have some sort of rankings page, separated from each server page.

Here are several rankings that come to my mind.

Most agressive orgs ( # of atks )
    Most agressive characters ( # of atks )
    Most victorious orgs ( # of site kills )
    Most victorious characters ( # of atks that resulted in site kills)
    Best tower rating ( (# of wins - # of loses)
    Worst tower rating ( # of wins - # of loses)
    Best defended orgs( # of succesfull defenses)
    Top griefing orgs( # of atks that didnt end in site kill)

I really hope you can do some of these !
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I have been working on a new towertracker site for roughly a week now, but a lot of IRL stuff has come in the way.
    I'll try to implement those stats. The plan is to implement everything in such a way that it's all displaying live. The monitoring bots report directly to the database which the site pulls its info from, so it would be a shame if the statistics weren't live also.

Will post more info when it gets closer to completion.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 21st, 2009 at 10:33:52.

Awesome !

Bump for Comi's list of stats

Also a Top Support/Assist org (no. of attacks that result in someone else winning), like the opposite of Top Griefing ><

And keep up the good work, best AO site evar
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

bump for Demo

+2 bump for more info in the future
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

bump for one of the web page I use the most...

fast refresh time and accuracy >> "pretty look"
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Something is borked, it doesnt show the site #, range, guilds nor battle for.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast