Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking Budabot requests

WTB working IRC relay, running some bots for guilds and they complain
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

IRC relay works, it has a problem with one symbol being relayed. and only that symbol. and it only seems to be replicated when using vha.chat. soo...its not really an urgent matter. But when it gets fixed, we expect other problems to arise, so Tyrence is still kinda dealing with how to fix it the best way. If you are having other problems with the IRC relay, please share?

Teeko, I tend to see it as a big problem when people get upset that the output is strange, Got 3 guilds connected with 3 buda bots... So yes It is a pretty big problem.

Seems to be a fast fix too since it is just the HTML entities that is wrong.

I dont know much about the coding of the bot, but tyrence has said he thinks it may break something else so we need to do some testing for it anyways. but I don't see how it is that big of a problem because as I said, we have only been able to replicate it through vha.chat. not ingame

edit: also, why would you relay budabot through IRC? it has better capabilities through private chat group, or tells. although tells only works for 2 bots so you would need the private group. Budabot doesn't relay item links the same way that vhabot does so item links dont work across IRC, so thats a functionality issue when using IRC as a relay platform instead of private group or tells, which is budabot's preffered way, not IRC.
    Last edited by Teeko; Mar 10th, 2011 at 22:08:03.

I could swear I saw a post in this thread earlier which showed how to fix this w/o negative impacts.
    However, after some digging, I've been able to find the proposed fix somewhere else. Check the last post in the thread.

Edit: As for why to use budabot to relay to IRC: I don't know.. Maybe people want to access guild chat from IRC?
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 10th, 2011 at 22:14:22.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    edit: also, why would you relay budabot through IRC? it has better capabilities through private chat group, or tells. although tells only works for 2 bots so you would need the private group. Budabot doesn't relay item links the same way that vhabot does so item links dont work across IRC, so thats a functionality issue when using IRC as a relay platform instead of private group or tells, which is budabot's preffered way, not IRC.
    Just as Demoder said, they want to reach the guild chat through IRC too, for times when you can not access a chat client f.ex. Vha.Chat.
    Last edited by Iriche; Mar 10th, 2011 at 22:20:57.

ok so people in IRC put one HTML character and the very few people ingame at any one point of time using vha.chat see something wierd, or the other way around, i cant remember right now. THAT makes this urgent? how often does that really happen? And also, that really generates that many complaints? i refuse to believe that.

It's a very annoying bug, especially if you type ' a lot.

Example: The above sentence would look like this on IRC:
    It's a very annoying bug, especially if you type ' a lot.

See how it can get annoying?
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

ok so people in IRC put one HTML character and the very few people ingame at any one point of time using vha.chat see something wierd, or the other way around, i cant remember right now. THAT makes this urgent? how often does that really happen? And also, that really generates that many complaints? i refuse to believe that.
    It is when people use Vha.Chat (which really is the only chat client nowadays) writes one of the characters which BudaBot doesn't handle correctly.

thats what i am saying, people use vha.chat THAT much to warrant a huge reaction about it...seems noone had a problem with it til that thread showed up at vhabot.net....even though tyrence is active on these forums and the budabot forums and hell, even the vhabot forums...seems fishy.

thats what i am saying, people use vha.chat THAT much to warrant a huge reaction about it...seems noone had a problem with it til that thread showed up at vhabot.net....even though tyrence is active on these forums and the budabot forums and hell, even the vhabot forums...seems fishy.
    Are you spinning conspiracy theories now?
    This thread showed up after all of that.

Title of this thread: "Taking Budabot requests".
    We're showing how much this fix is wanted. And you're plainly dismissing it?
    I hope you're not affiliated with the Budabot team, because the part about Tyrence totally ignoring these requests looks bad enough for the budabot team already.

From what I can tell so far, the title should be "Taking budabot requests, as long as it's not for a bugfix".
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 10th, 2011 at 22:31:28.

Anyone care for some junior mints?? This might last a while...
    Budabot -> http://www.budabot.com
    {Edit by Yarkona: account status and gm actions are not for the open forum}

Im just saying there was no posts anywhere about fixing this until tyrence posted on vhabot.net about it being a bug in vha.chat. now apparently its been spunoff as a bug in budabot...not quite sure how that fits. but in the importance of not becoming a flame war as the vhabot.net thread did...I just don't see how it is this big problem now when it wasnt before....now all of a sudden it is. the IRC plugin was not changed in that respect as far as i know and it should have been noticed long before this. now apparently its this big fix but only 2 people have said its a "urgent fix" :
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    We're showing how much this fix is wanted. And you're plainly dismissing it?
    2 people make it urgent? or shows how much it is wanted?
    I dont know much about the coding of the bot, but tyrence has said he thinks it may break something else so we need to do some testing for it anyways. but I don't see how it is that big of a problem because as I said, we have only been able to replicate it through vha.chat. not ingame

um, pretty sure that post there says we need to do more testing before that fix is complete, not that we don't care about the problem. but making 5 bumps by 2 different people and starting a flame war that has to be solved by mod's doesnt really fix the code, now does it?

This thread is almost LoA worthy at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    This thread is almost LoA worthy at this point.
    Aww look, you killed it :P They were on a roll.

Can you fix IRC relay in Budabot please?

Quote Originally Posted by Voriuste View Post
    Can you fix IRC relay in Budabot please?
    No. You're free to make that change to your own bots tho if you'd like the irc relay to function that way.

...another option is to "upgrade" your bots to vhabot. Please let me know how that goes over with your org...
    Last edited by Tyrence1; Mar 11th, 2011 at 00:37:16.

Ok, I take this as BudaBot's IRC function will be broken forever then.

Already upgraded to bebot due to inadequacies of the main coder for budabot.

Edit: Out of curiosity... How do you test Budabot without an AO account? Isn't it against the EULA to open up a new account if you have a banned account? Which, according to your own signature, you do...
    Last edited by Voriuste; Mar 11th, 2011 at 00:49:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Voriuste View Post
    Already upgraded to bebot due to inadequacies of the main coder for budabot.

Edit: Out of curiosity... How do you test Budabot without an AO account? Isn't it against the EULA to open up a new account if you have a banned account? Which, according to your own signature, you do...
    lol Didn't like that last comment, did you? Btw, if you're going to run Bebot you should talk to Wolfbiter. He's got a modified version of Bebot with some pretty sick modules. Maybe they will work on a vanilla Bebot also.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast