Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: S10 Feedback

hehe! You have got to be kidding me right.

The only reason S10 money making was fun was becouse it was profitable. I know from personal experience, the moment I had enough credits I nolonger logged my S10 twink. Before it a lot, after it no more...

So S10 was a mindless booring cash farm.

Today however S10 is about farming relays selling them for epic profit, buying relays and farming supple and selling it for epic profit. See what's going on? S10 turned from credit influx to credit sink, those thingies are sold on GMI when they change hands tax takes something out of the system.

Also relays now sell for 60mil! Something you cannot ignore anymore. So again what exactly is wrong with S10 as it is? It's better than ever and at the moment probably also more profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    hehe! You have got to be kidding me right.

The only reason S10 money making was fun was becouse it was profitable. I know from personal experience, the moment I had enough credits I nolonger logged my S10 twink. Before it a lot, after it no more...

So S10 was a mindless booring cash farm.

Today however S10 is about farming relays selling them for epic profit, buying relays and farming supple and selling it for epic profit. See what's going on? S10 turned from credit influx to credit sink, those thingies are sold on GMI when they change hands tax takes something out of the system.

Also relays now sell for 60mil! Something you cannot ignore anymore. So again what exactly is wrong with S10 as it is? It's better than ever and at the moment probably also more profitable.
    S10 is a mindless boring cash farm right now. Your sense of boring is weird to me. I find camp an Inf dyna or camp PB far more boring: you kill stuff for hours and hours and hours, and days, and months, and not a single thing you want drops.
    Before you could just go there for 1 hour or so, get some bounties, and not feel like you did just nothing for a whole hour. You could make a team and run around having fun.
    It was proffiteable? It was. It was that 100m/hour everybody and their mums clain? Hell not! Its 1 bounty every 20 mobs and no wai anyone can kill around 500 aliens per hour.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Well, as it is I am making a 150 twink to farm S10 again, there be some org members who have them already, and despite absoluteley no game change whatsoever it seems to be more and more active the 150 level range.

I will report some biased findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by edmaster3 View Post
    Yes we do differ on the why and the choices. You choose not to I choose to.

1. I dont think spending 3-5 hours killing things is considered little effort. And people who pay or let friends kite them should not say anything about little effort.

2. It has to do with the fun level, If they brought back s10 the way it was, these people will go back to s10. You cant consider a mission you can do every 24 hours as a viable aixp source.

3. There are so many things wrong with that statement, these are only a few. 1. You need a blitzing profession to make sure you dont have to kill alot of mobs in the mission. Secondly you have to go ark using clickaver, or god forbid waste your life clicking it by hand.

Pb and symbs you have to be kidding me right? The only way you can benefit from these is if you have a well geared high lvl toon (Looks like another person saying get lvl 220 then make creds again). The lvl 150 symbs market is dead like all the other lvls untill around 220.

Or you could kill 20 mobs and get a bounty and actually enjoy the game.
    I really don't like to school people because it's not my job. However I will do you a favor this time.

1. 3-5 hours I'm going to come back to this time frame.

2. This fun level you keep talking about is centered around making easy credits from bounties. Has nothing to do with playability because that hasn't changed. So stop trying to misdirect what you are really asking for- easier ways to make credits. Which I am about to help you with on number 3.

3. Yes there is a LOT wrong with your statements here. Blitzing prof? Clicksaver? I never said any of those things, what I was actually hinting at was rk dyna camps and SL dungeons for weird nanos. Neither of those requires a 220 toons and can be done with 150+ toon. Also symbs drop from SL dyna bosses and don't req pb's to be made. But the REAL gem is getting a few bags and collecting pb parts for ...wait for it....3-5hours and sell those off and see how easy it is to make creds.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I really don't like to school people because it's not my job. However I will do you a favor this time.

2. This fun level you keep talking about is centered around making easy credits from bounties. Has nothing to do with playability because that hasn't changed. So stop trying to misdirect what you are really asking for- easier ways to make credits. Which I am about to help you with on number 3.

3. Yes there is a LOT wrong with your statements here. Blitzing prof? Clicksaver? I never said any of those things, what I was actually hinting at was rk dyna camps and SL dungeons for weird nanos. Neither of those requires a 220 toons and can be done with 150+ toon. Also symbs drop from SL dyna bosses and don't req pb's to be made. But the REAL gem is getting a few bags and collecting pb parts for ...wait for it....3-5hours and sell those off and see how easy it is to make creds.
    The great thing about AO is that we HAD choices. What you consider fun and what I consider fun may be 2 completely different things. AO was fun when you had choices, now its just which boring thing you want to do over another boring thing.

2. Making creds and collecting items while getting aixp is fun to me yes.
    Maybe you find killing mindless grey crap and opening hundreds of containers as FUN, but to me its just stupid, and no way fun. (Even you would use a high lvl high damage professio to farm faster)

3. Its a choice to want to do s10 the way it was, you may find lvl 220 to be the funnest part of the game, but many people dont. We have different opinions on what part of the game is fun. Although having a 220 is useful its not the best part of the game in my opinion.
    And what pb parts dont require hours of afk farming and sell for alot that you dont need a 200+ for?

3.1 PS, s10 allows you to make creds for gear and symbs at lvl 100 you just suggested getting lvl 150+ to make creds.
    We live in a beautiful world

The great thing about AO is that we HAD choices. What you consider fun and what I consider fun may be 2 completely different things. AO was fun when you had choices, now its just which boring thing you want to do over another boring thing.

2. Making creds and collecting items while getting aixp is fun to me yes.
    Maybe you find killing mindless grey crap and opening hundreds of containers as FUN, but to me its just stupid, and no way fun. (Even you would use a high lvl high damage professio to farm faster)

3. Its a choice to want to do s10 the way it was, you may find lvl 220 to be the funnest part of the game, but many people dont. We have different opinions on what part of the game is fun. Although having a 220 is useful its not the best part of the game in my opinion.
    And what pb parts dont require hours of afk farming and sell for alot that you dont need a 200+ for?

3.1 PS, s10 allows you to make creds for gear and symbs at lvl 100 you just suggested getting lvl 150+ to make creds.
    Don't bother, he's an idiot.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

ad 2) Mindless killing without any reward is boring as hell. Do you enjoy killing hecks (same story, but atleast some xp and levels)? No reward = no playability.

ad 3)
    - blitzing nanos from RK mishs require quicksaver and fast char (fixer preferred due fgrid) or cc prof. Or you can use your 220 char . But that somehow do not help the low players ... Good luck getting your nano from manually selected mish and without preffered profession - maybe you'll get 1 nano per 1 hour?
    - looking for weird nanos require calm prof. You cannot pick chests in combat mode and killing mobs take time. Again 220 char help, but still it's totally random and luck based business. RK dyna nanos are even worse, random drop and most of them are obsolete now.
    - symbs ... oh lol. Symbs that dropped from normal bosses are only low nascence useless symbs or drops from pande TNH. All others require serious farming of patterns, that can take days and days. It was my main source of income and I killed thousands of pocket bosses, so I perfectly know how time consuming it is (still got 3 froob mules full of pieces, patterns, crystals and symbs). Low char (120-150) can get into this business, but nowhere near the capability of highend farmers.
    Last edited by Amickson; Jan 9th, 2013 at 09:35:00.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Farming symbiants sounds funny because killing s10 also cut mid lvl symbiant demand. Why would anyone want them, there is no reason to stay at mid lvl anymore so its just better to equip xp implants, xp pistols, xp rings, xp armor, get xp buff and go all your way up to tl7 dual logged with your phat 220 ... and if you lack creds ... well, there is this FC shop button, just take your moms credit card ... I earn on basic armors, have 6 froob accounts with FC store jetpacks but im not crazy engough to say its funny because its not.

Wow trully eye opening. The reward is self reliance, farming YOUR own gear doesnt require massive amounts of credits..it's FREE. WTF do I have to spell things out for you guys. Are you really just looking for reasons to argue?

This talk about mindlessly killing mobs? What are you smoking to say thwere is a difference between killing s10 mobs mindlessly or SL mobs in dungeons hunting for weird nanos which are worth 10's of mill credits some have sold for 100m.

Seriously wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    Don't bother, I'm an idiot.
    Corrected your spelling there.

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    ad 2) Mindless killing without any reward is boring as hell.

- looking for weird nanos require calm prof. You cannot pick chests in combat mode and killing mobs take time.
    I skipped all the other non sense in there but these 2 I thought were related enough to highlight.

This talk about mindlessly killing mobs? What are you smoking to say there is a difference between killing s10 mobs mindlessly or SL mobs in dungeons hunting for weird nanos which are worth 10's of mill credits some have sold for 100m. No need to calm if you eat all the mobs. So you can open chests at your leisure. Seriously? Calming prof or 220...wow. I never said blitzing. FARMING, rk dynas, sl dungeons. There are plenty of gems, stims, and other drops to make creds in dungeons of your lvl range. If you can't understand what I'm refering to you might want to try looking at a few newbie guides.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=498819

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Farming symbiants sounds funny because killing s10 also cut mid lvl symbiant demand. Why would anyone want them,
    So are you saying s10 was the ONLY reason to keep your toon in good shape equip wise? You saying that playing your toon at mid range decently equiped from self farmed symbs does not benefit you?

there is no reason to stay at mid lvl anymore so its just better to equip xp implants, xp pistols, xp rings, xp armor, get xp buff and go all your way up to tl7 dual logged with your phat 220 ... and if you lack creds ... well, there is this FC shop button, just take your moms credit card ... I earn on basic armors, have 6 froob accounts with FC store jetpacks but im not crazy engough to say its funny because its not.
    Well if that is how you play, I suppose you don't really need s10 after all. (See what I did there with your own words)
    Last edited by Psikie; Jan 10th, 2013 at 01:22:23.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The fun of making bounties in S10 was real because the environment made you compete with other people on kills, pulls, strategy, etc... Bottom line: People were there to compete with you because of bounties. That made it fun. That fun is gone because there isn't a reason for anyone to compete with you in S10 now that the drops are nerfed. You're right Psikie ... killing mobs isn't fun but taking kills from someone else, surviving trains and bad spawns is. That's what S10 was before the nerf. Personally, I think removal of the ICE was a little too much. Those items would have still had the draw that bounties did in the current S10, making the zone fun because of competition but not injecting more credits to the game.

I have always been a supporter of 'distraction' content along the long boring road of leveling. The nerf to S10 removed one of those distracting content. That distraction content is a significant part of what people want from AO, otherwise, it's just a game where you level and then your 220, farming endgame loot. There isn't enough of that kind of content and now there is even less of it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 10th, 2013 at 01:24:32.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The fun of making bounties in S10 was real because the environment made you compete with other people on kills, pulls, strategy, etc... Bottom line: People were there to compete with you because of bounties. That made it fun. That fun is gone because there isn't a reason for anyone to compete with you in S10 now that the drops are nerfed. You're right Psikie ... killing mobs isn't fun but taking kills from someone else, surviving trains and bad spawns is. That's what S10 was before the nerf. Personally, I think removal of the ICE was a little too much. Those items would have still had the draw that bounties did in the current S10, making the zone fun because of competition but not injecting more credits to the game.

I have always been a supporter of 'distraction' content along the long boring road of leveling. The nerf to S10 removed one of those distracting content. That distraction content is a significant part of what people want from AO, otherwise, it's just a game where you level and then your 220, farming endgame loot.
    I can see where you are going with that and I can totally agree with YOUR statements on the subject. But that's not what these other posters are saying. Also Keep in mind you can get the same competition in the ToTW and foremans with mob killing and trains. Or Tarasque for that matter. But rarely do I ever hear people refer to those as "fun".

Again with your reasoning I can agree with, but the others are just QQ about not getting bounties. Same arguement came up from removing ingots from hecklers. When I present some viable alternatives more of the same non sense excuses that are easy to expose.
    Last edited by Psikie; Jan 10th, 2013 at 01:38:01.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

1. Wow trully eye opening. The reward is self reliance, farming YOUR own gear doesnt require massive amounts of credits.
    SL mobs in dungeons hunting for weird nanos which are worth 10's of mill credits some have sold for 100m.

2.This talk about mindlessly killing mobs? What are you smoking to say there is a difference between killing s10 mobs mindlessly or SL mobs in dungeons hunting for weird nanos which are worth 10's of mill credits some have sold for 100m. No need to calm if you eat all the mobs. So you can open chests at your leisure. Seriously? Calming prof or 220...wow. I never said blitzing. FARMING, rk dynas, sl dungeons. There are plenty of gems, stims, and other drops to make creds in dungeons of your lvl range. If you can't understand what I'm refering to you might want to try looking at a few newbie guides.

3. So are you saying s10 was the ONLY reason to keep your toon in good shape equip wise? You saying that playing your toon at mid range decently equiped from self farmed symbs does not benefit you?

4. Also Keep in mind you can get the same competition in the ToTW and foremans with mob killing and trains. Or Tarasque for that matter. But rarely do I ever hear people refer to those as "fun".
    Listening to you talk I am not even sure that you play AO now. You talking about a lot of things that is in the past.

1. You cant farm your own good gear in AO, you need other people for it. Or you need to already have a a lot of experience or alto of creds.

2.The difference between s10 and ely dungeons is. 1. At lvl 100 i can kill aliens faster than the dungeon mobs. 2. I am CERTAIN at after at most 20 kills i will make a profit, while in the dungeon you can spend hours hoping and praying to get something worth a lot.. 3. Its very unproductive if you are looking for rare items to farm it on a low lvl or low dd toon.
    I rather farm a definite 2mill every 10 mins than spend hours hoping to get a item worth 600mill.

3. I dont know if you know this but you CANNOT self farm any symbs for your lvl below lvl 200.
    Also whats is the point in twinking your toon for lvls below 200 and above 60 if you are goign to lvl them. Everything between those lvl are pretty much dead, so unfortunately kiting to 200 or buying it now, is an option.

4. Seriously you definitely haven't touched ao in awhile. I usually dont see anyone around foreman's anymore and totw is low or empty. Even so i think you misunderstood him. He definitely wasn't calling being trained fun. s10 trains were slightly more exciting than totw trains though, maybe because you are usually fitted better.

Your ideas may be dated but they arent bad, but with the populating on both servers together averaging less than 1000, with people duel logged, its obvious they dont work anymore.
    With so much other games out there people dont have as much time to spend waiting anymore, and almost everything you suggested requires you to wait and hope for luck.

With s10 you know you were going to gain something, you ended up with a sense of accomplishment like you actualyl achieved something even if you didn't make a lot. Unlike camping with leaves you pissed and frustrated. Dont try to force us to follow what you find fun or want to do, all i want is to bring back CHOICE.
    We live in a beautiful world

Dont try to force us to follow what you find fun or want to do, all i want is to bring back CHOICE.
    I'm not trying to force anything, I've given you some alternatives that are similar to what you "say" you liked about s10. But i'm calling bull5h17. All you really want is an easy money farm.

Now for you to say my ideas are outdated...again you are barking up the wrong tree, ive got 2 paid accounts with all slots 220 except for for 2 lvl 200's for s7 and one 150 for s10 which I still do because I like sometimes not because of the credits.

I have done exactly what I suggested when I started playing on rk2 for a challenge of not having my rk1 220's to fund myself. It took me approximately 3 weeks to go lvl 1 to 205 with self farmed and self buffed equip and gear. Symbs, imps, nanos, and mixture of ofab/ai/sl armor and weapons.

Was it glamorous? No, but I had no choice with no friends and no 220's to farm with. It was also very rewarding to test myself........ and pass. I personally wouldn't consider someone a veteran player in AO if they couldn't bust 200 within 6 weeks from scratch (without outside help or high lvl farm toons/creds/kiting etc) on paid account. Expert 1 month.

You might have time to test yourself before server merge if you hurry. Give it a shot unless you'd prefer to have a bronto burger *sig.

Of course when the game had more population I could shave more time off those numbers but with current game populations I think those are fair assessments starting from scratch. How is that for a sense of accomplishment?
    Last edited by Psikie; Jan 10th, 2013 at 07:40:01.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm not trying to force anything, I've given you some alternatives that are similar to what you "say" you liked about s10. But i'm calling bull5h17. All you really want is an easy money farm.
    Trying to figure out which is more fun...

Making a dedicated twink to farm a zone, having fun making the twink, having fun showing off the twink, ACTUALLY FIGHTING MOBS, making money in the process.

Using your 220 to calm grey SL mobs and pick open chests.

Damn I just can't figure out why s10 was so popular...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Psikie, but what was your point again? „S10 was fun only because it gave rewards”? So what? I like fishing but if i dont catach any fish in an hour or two i just leave, I also dont try fishing in a swimming pool as i wont catch anything there. Is there something strange with me, should i call a doctor? Its nice that you like running through empty dungeon, calming grey mobs and checking chests but i dont, especially that from time to time i do it out of pure curiosity and in my 6 year AO career i havent found a single weird looking nano. I can use your argument against you: "Farming SL statics is fun only because there is a profit involved. People are looting pearls, hp/nano rechargers, selling them to vendors and generating inflation. Please remove SL statics, there are other ways to found your character, one can, for example, use FC shop and ...". How do you like it?

And prices have droped dramaticaly. 300 CC/CSS is now around 650 insteadof old 950. Leveling gear is much cheaper. In some cases 3-5x cheaper, iGOCs are at half price, dchest deviously cheap, notucom cloak affordable.
    Dramaticaly? Ive paid 750 mln for ql 300 cc yesterday. Compared to 850 mln at prices peak i cant really see this dramatic drop and somehow im still curious why prices peak suddenly ended when there was a patch implemented with "fixed a serious exploit" in its notes. On the other hand i sell my tl5 equipment for 320 mln per piece of +23 supple based armor. You could make one of those for 150 mln when s10 was active ... I also earn on ICEs, those were worthless but nowadays sell for 5-7 mln per piece and i still have 30 backpacks of those. Ill buy your ql 300 cc for 650 if you have any, i need helmet and gloves. Whats 5x cheaper, i may buy i bit of it

iGOCs are at half price (...) notucom cloak affordable.
    Have you ever heard about supply and demand? Many 220s went for collatz shoulders and back. On engis forum you can read a serious discussion if gaunt back is better than eRBP. Mid lvl twink stuff costs less because people dont make mid lvl twinks in general anymore and sell their former twink equipment, i fail to see a miracle here. A few days ago i saw like 12 ql 220 MBCs in GMI, dont tell me people suddenly started farminf Afreet like crazy or drop rates are fixed, its just "I Give Up My tl5" sale I checked GMI for it because i was going to put my MBC there, MBC stripped from a lvl 150 engi ...

Nodrops were OP, becouse they just added credits to the game. Selling breed change items does not add credits to our closed system.
    So ... ? You have many credit sinks like cities rent, full perk reset guy, vendors ... How exactly do you imagine economy with credit sinks but almost no new credits brought to system? Have you ever heard about deflation?
    Last edited by Ciex; Jan 10th, 2013 at 10:00:35.

So ... ? You have many credit sinks like cities rent, full perk reset guy, vendors ... How exactly do you imagine economy with credit sinks but almost no new credits brought to system? Have you ever heard about deflation?
    to be fair, the game could use a little deflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    to be fair, the game could use a little deflation.
    What for? Rare items will be still rare, maybe even more because less people would be able to afford ICEs for example and startup experience would be even harder for new people. If you are an average Joe with 1 or 2 bln in cash you wont feel any difference anyway except the fact that lft window list will be even shorter it was.

BTW i think we have deflation already. I can hardly believe that selling pearls looted from inf missions covers up all credit sinks. Do you feel any possitive effects so far? Over the last week GMI taxed me for over 100 mln and i was able to sell like 3-4 bounties from 2 s42 raids. On longer run we may find out we are f...ed. Economy aint easy i d like to think FC guys know wtf they are doing but lets be realistic

AO suffers from low droprates and to make things even worse yesdrop loot is often tradeskilled into nodrop like RBPs, symbiants / spirits etc. With so few items available at the moment its close to impossible to have a steady market.

If you want cheap items ask for removing nodrop tags. Im pretty sure that 1 - 2 weeks after you could buy BOC for 100 mln from GMI. Damn, i would think about selling mine
    Last edited by Ciex; Jan 10th, 2013 at 11:17:29.

S10 was like communist China. Anyone who wanted to could get a government job in a factory and earn the same amount of money. The one plus side was that s10 gave good consistent money.

Meanwhile the more entrepreneurial citizens had private jobs and made significantly more money. The people who made the most money off s10 were gear farmers selling to s10 twinks.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Psikie, but what was your point again? „S10 was fun only because it gave rewards”?

Its nice that you like running through empty dungeon, calming grey mobs and checking chests but i dont,
    The point was if making credits is "fun" or as you say a "reward" then I have offered a few alternatives so that you don't have to QQ about something that more than likely will not change back to suit your desire. Making credits is easy, but there is no need for credits if you are self sufficient and get your own equip/gear. FYI I do not understand why you guys keep saying farming greys with 220's. I have never said that. So I suppose there were 2 points.

1. There are other places to get credit rewards.

2. You can farm for yourself and be less credit dependant. And Yes I do mean farm for yourself at your current level.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You can farm for yourself and be less credit dependant. And Yes I do mean farm for yourself at your current level.
    oh sure. i'll get right on that. let me just go farm those slippers of screaming for my 200 ma on that 200 ma...

and i'm sure my upcoming tl3 trader twink will have no problem farming his own wen wen and +10 ring.
    Last edited by Lazy; Jan 10th, 2013 at 20:02:16.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast