Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    at least in my case, is not true.
    Sorry, I apologize. I wasn't intending it to be directed at you, but a broad statement about many people, I should have stated that in my post.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Considering you're complete lack of consideration of the re-balance and it's effects on PVP, go ahead and add yourself to that visionary camp. You're making all these assumptions about how BS will work if they change it when you have no idea. Didn't someone already ask you once to make an argument why they shouldn't change BS based on some reasoning as opposed to what your prediction is?
    BS Changes != Rebalance

Certainly you must understand that...

Also, burden of proof is on the change to status quo. Convince me why closing off the corridors is a good change. I know you won't even try beyond some troll post.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Convince me why closing off the corridors is a good change.
    Because it makes the BS smaller, and at lower levels where player RS is lower it will make combat happen more often.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Because it makes the BS smaller, and at lower levels where player RS is lower it will make combat happen more often.
    Because low level players actually ran to core from A or B and didn't take the teleporter?

Wow Tech...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Because low level players actually ran to core from A or B and didn't take the teleporter?

Wow Tech...
    Because people used the areas to afk hide at lower levels as well, and it would be harder for lower level players to hunt them down and kill them there?

I would also like to say it's impressive how Lektronik have yet to come with any arguments supporting his whining, contray to multiple requests earlier. I think he's ignoring me or something.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Which is it Sultry, that people use the walkways between the teleporters or that they dont? You can't have it both ways, you need to pick an argument and stick with it.

Do people use the walkways and it's going to be "DEATH DEATH!" if they is lost.

Or

Do people not use them and it makes no difference if they are there or not?

<@Kintaii> L2P

Which is it Sultry, that people use the walkways between the teleporters or that they dont? You can't have it both ways, you need to pick an argument and stick with it.

Do people use the walkways and it's going to be "DEATH DEATH!" if they is lost.

Or

Do people not use them and it makes no difference if they are there or not?
    At TL7 they are used often. At low TLs (like 2 and 3) they are almost never used because the map is too big and the toons are too slow. Removing the hallways that low level players NEVER USE is not going to make the BS easier to travel for them. I'm not the one that brought up low level players.

How about you tell me if it'll be DEATH DEATH for them, because I don't give two ****s about low level PvP.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

because I don't give two ****s about low level PvP.
    Good to know that any future argument brought to the table by you about this topic can be disregarded.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Good to know that any future argument brought to the table by you about this topic can be disregarded.
    Ignoring it isn't going to start making TL3 toons run down those hallways, as much as you'd like it to.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Because people used the areas to afk hide at lower levels as well, and it would be harder for lower level players to hunt them down and kill them there?

What good does blocking 50% of BS do to help fix /afk'ers????? The problem with afk'ers is that they don't do anything to help the round, not where they sit. You can kill an /afker all day long and all he is going to do is respawn and go afk again. That doesn't solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I would also like to say it's impressive how Lektronik have yet to come with any arguments supporting his whining, contray to multiple requests earlier. I think he's ignoring me or something.
    Maybe you should read up a few posts? I just nullified the entire "pro" argument.

Lol at all these posts about advanced portal tactics 101...Ha

I've had a few experiences with portal hoppers and I can't see how anyone in their right mind wouldn't support a lock out timer on them...unless you A. don't believe that this happens or B. do this yourself. People don't just us them when they are about to die you know!

At TL5 Agents either have very high AR (Enfo) or have CH (Doc). If they fail with their gank Enfo agents will run. If you take away a Doc agents nano it will run. Where do they run...to the nearest teleporter, why cause they know that when they zone 90% of the time they can hit sheak. The very rare times when you actually get though the portal and tab/q them what does the agent do?...thats right, back through the teleporter so it can sneak.

I've seen many professions such as NT/Fixer/Engie/Crat flick in and out of a teleport spamming AoE's. In a larger group it's much more difficult to single these targets out since as soon as they appear they dissappear again. That in my mind is a clear exploit of the teleport mechanic.

Some professions with high defensive tools such as absorbs can use portals to buy that tiny amount of time needed for their blockers to refresh/coon to cycle or nano to regain for that heal that will cause them to win. If they run in and out of a portal they break the attack of the attacker.

Used correctly there is no need for a lock out timer on teleports at all but since the ability to exploit these to your advantage is there then yes, a lock out timer of 5 sec's for each specific teleport please.

I've no real problem with someone coming out of one port and using a different portal, but being able to immediatley walk backwards and use the portal you just cam out of should be stopped.
    Last edited by Tanana; Jun 1st, 2011 at 13:04:50.

BS Changes != Rebalance

Certainly you must understand that...

Also, burden of proof is on the change to status quo. Convince me why closing off the corridors is a good change. I know you won't even try beyond some troll post.
    Certainly you understand that whatever is changed in re-balance affects how people play --- EVERYWHERE, which will also impact portal hopping! Well, No, it's you, so I guess you need it spelled out for you.

There is no burden of proof. This isn't a court ... FC runs the show. FC already convinced themselves to change it ... if you don't like it, you need to convince them it's not right to do so. I don't need to convince you of anything. I just acknowledge it's being changed for various reasons that outweight stupider reasons like "OMG portal hopping" and "OMG nowhere to avoid PVP".
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 1st, 2011 at 14:07:11.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    The last time you checked must have been 2 years ago. If you are serious about "winning" the round, then that means you are often running to a cap point, which means that someone is probably chasing you. You aren't likely going to win a round if you PVP everyone you meet, so a smart tactic to lose the chaser is to play a quick round of "teleporter tag". It usually works about 8 times out of 10.
    Maybe you need to play smarter in BS. If you are having problems with portal hoppers, it's not because of game mechanics or 'bad' concepts, it's YOU. If you run with a group instead of being Rambo, portal hoppers are some of the EASIEST kills on BS.

In addition, if you are serious about winning BS, you don't encounter portal hoppers all that much anyways.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 1st, 2011 at 14:05:27.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Maybe you should read up a few posts? I just nullified the entire "pro" argument.
    you did just the opposite. you wasted space on peoples computer screen because you nullified nothing. the whole "pro" argument is based on experience. your salesman rebuttals might sway someone who has never set their foot into BS (mind the pun). oh what? I didn't quote your nullifying post? maybe come up with real arguments that are convincing and people will take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Lol at all these posts about advanced portal tactics 101...Ha

I've had a few experiences with portal hoppers and I can't see how anyone in their right mind wouldn't support a lock out timer on them...unless you A. don't believe that this happens or B. do this yourself. People don't just us them when they are about to die you know!

At TL5 Agents either have very high AR (Enfo) or have CH (Doc). If they fail with their gank Enfo agents will run. If you take away a Doc agents nano it will run. Where do they run...to the nearest teleporter, why cause they know that when they zone 90% of the time they can hit sheak. The very rare times when you actually get though the portal and tab/q them what does the agent do?...thats right, back through the teleporter so it can sneak.

I've seen many professions such as NT/Fixer/Engie/Crat flick in and out of a teleport spamming AoE's. In a larger group it's much more difficult to single these targets out since as soon as they appear they dissappear again. That in my mind is a clear exploit of the teleport mechanic.

Some professions with high defensive tools such as absorbs can use portals to buy that tiny amount of time needed for their blockers to refresh/coon to cycle or nano to regain for that heal that will cause them to win. If they run in and out of a portal they break the attack of the attacker.

Used correctly there is no need for a lock out timer on teleports at all but since the ability to exploit these to your advantage is there then yes, a lock out timer of 5 sec's for each specific teleport please.

I've no real problem with someone coming out of one port and using a different portal, but being able to immediatley walk backwards and use the portal you just cam out of should be stopped.
    /applause
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 1st, 2011 at 14:21:14.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

You guys do realize that the highly problematic "afkers" on the BS actually afk in there because they REALLY don't want to be in there in the first place, right?

They afk because they are forced to be there against their will. Just admit it that the easiest way to "fix" those god forbidden afkers would be to give them another viable means to gain their VP's. But no, you can't say that out aloud because then you wouldn't have all those greenies to farm in there.

And you really can't be afraid of BS stopping to run. Since, judging by the forums, pvp seems to be all that this game is about. It can't be that hard to get the required number of true pvp'ers to make it run... (is it 3+3 these days, or 2+2?).

No you are afraid of losing the green cannonfodder. If you really wanted to PvP the new PvP pf would be packed all the time, because it is ALL about PvP. No rewards there worth mentioning, so the noobs and pvm people won't bother you there. It's just for PvP... yet it's always empty... makes you wonder why. Maybe the PvP aspect ain't that popular afterall? (Or maybe, it ust is too difficult for the average joe to farm the billions of creds needed to make a viable pvp build, but thats really another topic. Though fixing that issue would fix some of the BS population issues too).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I've had a few experiences with portal hoppers and I can't see how anyone in their right mind wouldn't support a lock out timer on them...unless you A. don't believe that this happens or B. do this yourself. People don't just us them when they are about to die you know! or C. don't run around after portal hoppers by yourself and use more than 1 person to remove them from the equation, if they actually need being removed.
    Fixed that for you.

If your whole argument against portal hopping boils down to 1vs1 event, then your argument is flawed for the environment that portal hopping takes place in.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Fixed that for you.

If your whole argument against portal hopping boils down to 1vs1 event, then your argument is flawed for the environment that portal hopping takes place in.
    Why is that then? You must have a very limited experience of BS if you think that it's always Zerg VS Zerg in there.

BS is a PvP environment, no rules about having to team. I'm not saying that I never team, quite the opposite as an engie with blockers I'm very useful, but I don't see teaming as the only way you can take part in BS.

Portal hopping happens in team vs team situations just as much as 1vs1 situations. It's not right in either case.

If someone had a exploit that made them much faster than you would you come back to me and say, "well...if you were in a team you could place a guy at the place the sploiter is running too" and somehow justify the use of the exploit? That's effectively what you are saying in regards to portal hoppers.

Because you don't have to be in a team to go over BS chat "Player portal hopping between A and B, need a hand please."

Your argument against it seems very egotistical to me, because it comes down to "That person has a way of escaping my kill shot."

<@Kintaii> L2P

Because you don't have to be in a team to go over BS chat "Player portal hopping between A and B, need a hand please."

Your argument against it seems very egotistical to me, because it comes down to "That person has a way of escaping my kill shot."
    It's called using current game mechanics to gain a un-intended advantage over another player, aka an exploit.

Seriously, wth did you think the arguement for/against portal hopping would be if not egotistical.

IT'S PVP!

If you use a game mechanic in an un-intended way to survive in PvP when you should be rotting then I'm gonna get annoyed at that. Are we actually saying that people using mechanics in an unfair way is ok?

Maybe you think that Portal Hopping isn't a mis-use of a game mechanic? It may be that the times when you have joined BS you have been fotunate enough to not run into players that mis-use them to the max. Obviously if you do not use BS often this may very well be the case.

Think of it another way, used correctly a lock out timer on portals won't effect the way anyone uses the teleports if they currently use them in the correct manner. The only people it will effect are those players that mis-use them. In that scenario why would anyone object to it?

Oh, maybe you portal hop Tech?
    Last edited by Tanana; Jun 1st, 2011 at 16:54:11.

Think of it another way, ued correctly a lock out timer on portas won't effect the way anyone uses the teleports if they currently use them in the correct manner. The only people it will effect are those players that mis-use them. In that scenario why would anyone object to it?

Oh, maybe you portal hop Tech?
    Adding the timer or some kind of "use" button would be a horrible way to fix this issue. We are better of without them, portals, that is.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast