Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NT vs fixer (or other none-healing/absorbing targets)

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Nothing like getting off burst and fa and see that it doesnt even dent the nt's hp.
    If you only knew...

As a solja with close to 25k hp self nt's are still really hard but it's not insta pwn anymore. Can see how it is for fixers though.

My beef with nt's now is mainly that they can tank 5 ppl for a bit and then run into a by. Advie stylee. Nothing like getting off burst and fa and see that it doesnt even dent the nt's hp. So for me: sure keep your supah nukes, but don't use the glass cannon argument to defend them.

Cuz you're not that anymore. Either nt def or off needs a nerf.
    You can bet that burst/FA dented their nanopool though and probably made them run to a BY anyway.

If we're going to class who is OP by who can run into a BY then almost everyone needs a nerf. Also 5 PvPers on an NT under NBG and the NT can still get to a BY? Really? None of you have a root graft? Come on.

I haven't said anything about glass cannon in a while, even though the phrase still somewhat fits. Perhaps try playing one instead of playing classes NTs are designed to kill and maybe you'll get some better perspective.

This is as ridiculous as me shouting for Soldier nerfs because you can gnak an Enforcer with big silly hard hitting specials (far faster than an NT can gank one without NBS, FYI) and make it to a BY while TEN people are on you under AMS! OMG Nerf!

It's easy to exaggerate and spit vitriol at classes you don't like much because they can kill you. But that's not for these forums. How come I can refrain from screaming for nerfs to Traders, the profession I absolutely hate the most, yet anyone NTs can kill just see these forums as an open bloodsport to get NTs smacked back down the PvP ladder?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    This is as ridiculous as me shouting for Soldier nerfs because you can gnak an Enforcer with big silly hard hitting specials (far faster than an NT can gank one without NBS, FYI) and make it to a BY while TEN people are on you under AMS! OMG Nerf!
    TBH, both cases are stupidly out of balance, but enf can always get 3 blockers. What can rest of people do in NT case? Train NR8?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    TBH, both cases are stupidly out of balance, but enf can always get 3 blockers. What can rest of people do in NT case? Train NR8?
    This.

As a solja with close to 25k hp self nt's are still really hard but it's not insta pwn anymore. Can see how it is for fixers though.

My beef with nt's now is mainly that they can tank 5 ppl for a bit and then run into a by. Advie stylee. Nothing like getting off burst and fa and see that it doesnt even dent the nt's hp. So for me: sure keep your supah nukes, but don't use the glass cannon argument to defend them.

Cuz you're not that anymore. Either nt def or off needs a nerf.
    I'd really like to see this gimp squad that you're talking about here. 5 people, let's say they all have AS and they all shoot on the NT. That's pretty much guaranteed to empty that NT's nanopool. If they all have a second special or a perk special each, then that NT will be dead...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    What about it? Does it trigger itself on me, without doc around, when I get hit by triple?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I'd really like to see this gimp squad that you're talking about here. 5 people, let's say they all have AS and they all shoot on the NT. That's pretty much guaranteed to empty that NT's nanopool. If they all have a second special or a perk special each, then that NT will be dead...
    Good grief, only 5 people needed to empty NTs nanopool? And even more to actually kill him, if they can't perk him.

What about it? Does it trigger itself on me, without doc around, when I get hit by triple?
    Same way blockers trigger with no engi around.

Kill the NT.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Good grief, only 5 people needed to empty NTs nanopool? And even more to actually kill him, if they can't perk him.
    {edited by Anarrina: unnecessary} One person can do it on their own.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Nov 13th, 2009 at 16:55:00.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Lol Klod, you really should relog and repimp your toon and see how the situation changed since you left about two years ago (well, even then your toon wasn't exactly a endgame toon, but nowadays everyone can be endgame in about a week).
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

When you have a toolset that counters one prof very well and allows you to easily beat them most of the time you are their nemesis. When you have a toolset that counters half the profs in game very well and allows you to easily beat them you are no longer a nemesis. You are just OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjin View Post
    When you have a toolset that counters one prof very well and allows you to easily beat them most of the time you are their nemesis. When you have a toolset that counters half the profs in game very well and allows you to easily beat them you are no longer a nemesis. You are just OP.
    Easily beat half the profs in game? Pardon?

Lets assume, for a moment the following professions are a given:

Fixers
    Soldiers (good Soldiers aren't a given, but I'm being generous here).
    MPs (still not the "easy" kill that Fixers are, especially if they land eNSD to slow us down or the divest damage nano).

3 is half of 14? Since when?

Engineers? Nope, with the new Pistol perks and almost impossible to CC pets and having to stop for 1-4s when casting, they're not easily beaten.
    Crats? Bad ones are easy yes, but good ones aren't, especially pistol ones.
    Enforcers? Lol no.
    Keepers? Not ones with a clue.
    Traders? Lol no.
    Advies? Lol no.
    Agents? Lol no. Unless they're FP <something that isn't doc> but just, lol there really.
    Docs? Lol no.
    MA? 50/50 depending on who sees who first. This might change with the Red Dusk nerf. In fact I'll move Shade down here too for that reason.
    Shades? 50/50 depending on who sees who first.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

On BS almost everyone is an easy kill where people generally don't pay attention to what's going on around them because they're already distracted (or just don't care). It's true that it's easy to kill someone when they let you, ever heard of the term "sitting duck" ?

Hacre's list is more accurate for duel type situations.

On BS almost everyone is an easy kill where people generally don't pay attention to what's going on around them because they're already distracted (or just don't care). It's true that it's easy to kill someone when they let you, ever heard of the term "sitting duck" ?

Hacre's list is more accurate for duel type situations.
    Well I wasn't going to insult anyone's intelligence by pointing out it's easy to kill anyone who doesn't react to me eating chunks of their HP.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Same way blockers trigger with no engi around.
    What I pointed out is 1 hour duration nano, with 3 blockers, castable on other, that needs no engie to stand nearby. What you pointed at is a nano that asks for doc to actively participate in fight.

It's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I never played an end game NT. I just see it happening. I miss FA quite often with about 3.7k ar on good nt's and I'm guessing so do other soldiers.
    Other profs with low without AS just don't hit the nt. Which could be the reason I see nt's get away teh way I described.

I never played an end game NT. I just see it happening. I miss FA quite often with about 3.7k ar on good nt's and I'm guessing so do other soldiers.
    Other profs with low without AS just don't hit the nt. Which could be the reason I see nt's get away teh way I described.
    That miss only happens often if you're blinded and dazzled, or just dazzle or blinded by a Trox NT with wit up. Standing NT dodge def rating including aad is about 2.9-3.1k with an aad tower and focus tower, toward the 3.1k end if the NT uses dalja skirt/mystical shirt/regular notucomm back instead of Scouts and Modified Notucomm.

Missing often with no debuffs on you means that NT has a Crat nearby or you're incredibly unlucky.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Not going to get into a comparison between soldiers and NT's with you guys. You know very well that nt's are at the very top of the food chain along with traders.

I can accept that I have literally 0 defenses against nt's and there is no way to change it. But I don't accept that NT's have both the ability to own me quickly while I can barely dent their hp with my proclaimed "ubah offense".

That's far from being a glass cannon and it calls to be balanced.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Nov 13th, 2009 at 22:16:26.

Not going to get into a comparison between soldiers and NT's with you guys. You know very well that nt's are at the very top of the food chain along with traders.
    Compared to who?

Do you, Mister Soldier, think Enforcers or Keepers consider NTs and Traders the top of the food chain and just find Soldiers something easily brushed off?

If you can't dent an NT that hasn't cast NBG then there's things you can do for that but I'm not going to spell it out for you. If they've cast NBG, which is made SUPER OBVIOUS now you can see nanos running on your target, do the smart thing, when the double or triple hits, root graft and run away.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast