Thread: wtb trader drain's lvl req

wtb trader drain's lvl req

all in title

Nerf traders a hard time at low lvl please they shouldn't rule all lowbie title level pvp like they do atm.

This would ruin 4 of my lowbie twinks, but I have to agree it would be fair, and while I'm passionate about the game, I'm also objective.

There should be a range of level reqs for trader drains with a general max of how much you can drain at each step.

Level 10, you can drain about 50 to 75 at the most, with both drains.
    Level 50, about 175
    Level 100, about 350
    Level 150, about 600
    Level 175 should be required for nanites

I'd say that disallowing laddering of drains makes more sense than levellocking them.
    Levellocking is a artificial limit (OMG I have the skills for the best drain, but bah, it's levellocked ), while preventing laddering (tossing drains to get better skills, for then to toss a higher version of the drains to get even better skills) still lets you twink the rest of your setup to get the best drain possible.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Hmm, that's a good idea. The first way I can think of to implent that, though, is to raise the stacking order of lower drains so they're higher then the higher drains.

But is it possible for a trader to drain themselves? If so, they would just drain themselves with the lowest drain possible to make them immume to enemy traders.

Would need to add a lockout-feature. In the past, this has been a separate lockout nano which is checked for... "Self must not have nano_here running" etc.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

One of the only interesting things about the trader profession is that you can ladder drains.

Your ideas for AO are so boring that it physically hurts my head.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

But the fact you can ladder drains is also one of the main contributors to traders being OP at lower levels.

bump for level locked draines, there's a reason why traders dominate tl1-2 pvp and are extremely difficult to handle at tl3-4. Cutting down on their ability to drain would not make them useless. It would just bring them to the same level as other professions.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

The issue here is in my opinion it'd make all existing twinks better than you could ever make again, due to being able to drain your way into higher weapons currently. Still I agree for level locking nanites or increasing their nano skill requirements drastically (there or thereabouts where the better nanites are). Shutdown skills should be moved to a far higher level bracket as well.

Someone suggested in the other thread that NCUs should go OE. This sort of change would hit low level traders and agents the worst in reducing the amount of OSB they can get. Possibly combining this with level locks for the worst OSBs could serve to level out the playing field, as traders really tend to be on the squishy side.

Granted traders are very op at low levels but it isn't easy to make any changes that would both work for balance and not make the game more dumbed down.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    The issue here is in my opinion it'd make all existing twinks better than you could ever make again, due to being able to drain your way into higher weapons currently. Still I agree for level locking nanites or increasing their nano skill requirements drastically (there or thereabouts where the better nanites are). Shutdown skills should be moved to a far higher level bracket as well.

Someone suggested in the other thread that NCUs should go OE. This sort of change would hit low level traders and agents the worst in reducing the amount of OSB they can get. Possibly combining this with level locks for the worst OSBs could serve to level out the playing field, as traders really tend to be on the squishy side.

Granted traders are very op at low levels but it isn't easy to make any changes that would both work for balance and not make the game more dumbed down.
    Way older traders are more OP than the new ones, no doubt about it. Level 15 with 6 slot aint that easy to do anymore, previously you could just get all buffs you needed, drain up and cast bulk trader or trading mogul, then delete your current ncu belt while stile equipped, and all your ncu's would go straight into your inventory, and you could simply just rclick your 6slot

I think I had about 550 CL on my oldschool 25 trader when I twinked him. got good old 160(ish?) ncus in with only a few hours of work.
    Biggreens
    Biggdoc - ex 150-twink
    Daftz
    Noob
    Stuffedlove - ex 174 twink
    Kjempefjert
    Zouri - Ex 150 twink (Now kiting my noobs..)
    Sootwink
    Sootwink2

Quote Originally Posted by Biggreens View Post
    Way older traders are more OP than the new ones, no doubt about it. Level 15 with 6 slot aint that easy to do anymore, previously you could just get all buffs you needed, drain up and cast bulk trader or trading mogul, then delete your current ncu belt while stile equipped, and all your ncu's would go straight into your inventory, and you could simply just rclick your 6slot

I think I had about 550 CL on my oldschool 25 trader when I twinked him. got good old 160(ish?) ncus in with only a few hours of work.
    Just de-equip your 5 mems with 10s equip time and then r-click belt in inventory and on it goes with 10s left on clit buff when swap starts. Still easy, unless you're still on dial-up...

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Biggreens View Post

Gateester did it at level 1 recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    This would ruin 4 of my lowbie twinks, but I have to agree it would be fair, and while I'm passionate about the game, I'm also objective.
    It wouldn't ruin them, it would just make other professions competitive.

Agreed also, I have a few trader twinks that would suffer some, but lets be fair.

Hmm has the delete the equipped belt trick been fixed or is it still ingame? Seems like an exploit to me, they should atleast not allow equipped belt to be deleted while ncu's are still installed.

There are honestly many better options then just to level lock the nanos. See this thread for some great ideas.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

It looks like the majority of people in this thread and a few others in Blance Discussion feel that trader drains should be level locked.

Having NCU go OE would affect many more twinks than just traders though. Almost every single prof would have their NCUs go OE from tl1 to tl3, even many who use eye/head symbs that buff CL.

Having some way of stopping a trader from laddering drains would be cool, but very tricky to implement I imagine.

I think just level locking them would be the best option. We'd then see a shift from hordes of tl2 traders with Neleb rods to hordes of tl1/2 enfos with Neleb rods an beaters casting the lowbie PvP fear, and hordes of tl2 agents using Concentration to flat out alpha almost everyone.

But better to balance one than to balance none.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagalot View Post
    Hmm has the delete the equipped belt trick been fixed or is it still ingame? Seems like an exploit to me, they should atleast not allow equipped belt to be deleted while ncu's are still installed.
    It's been fixed, but now all you need to do is dequip mems which takes 50s for 5 mems and then r-click belt in inventory. It only does the requirement check @ the beginning of the swap and at that point in time you meet the requirement still.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bump for this. Gets one of the problems at least smaller. While you´re at it, we could adjust enfs as well, so that we could have more than 2 profs viable in lowbie pvp. So, in conclusion;

NERF TRADER DRAINS !
    NERF LOWBIE ENFS !

Ah, that made me feel warm inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    As far as the hardest professions to take down in mass pvp? Martial Artists and Adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMekon View Post
    abnormal? explain how that is, cuz most of us can statistically show, how soldiers are one of the poorest pvp professions in terms of both offense and defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm curious. Do you Martial Artists actually plan to have a thread about professionals that doesn't end in a flamewar about equipment setups? I think you're about 0/3 now.

There are already several threads about traders. One discussing drains is found here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=562546
    General of First Order