Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traders in pvp...

Originally posted by Nothinman
    adjusting one small aspect of a class is not a nerf. a Nerf was when they made TMS reflect only a small portion of Damage, and halving dmg. or cutting crits in 50% rendering MA's a shadow of what the used to be.
    I disagree with you here Nothinman.
    Drains are *the* defining buff for traders, just as tms is for soldier, crits *was* for MA, heals(/init debuff ?) for doc...etc'

Re: Re: Traders in pvp...

Originally posted by Sheffy

Get yourself some Virus Scanners. Use them when you're not aggro'd to get rid of the divest/plunder debuffs.
    Doesn't work while you're under attack, so they are useless in this case.

A nano intensive profession like enforcer with short range weapons is helpless against a double divest and rooting.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Re: Re: Re: Traders in pvp...

Originally posted by Dyna18

Doesn't work while you're under attack, so they are useless in this case.

A nano intensive profession like enforcer with short range weapons is helpless against a double divest and rooting.
    HAHAHA! Yes indeed.... Enforcers are so weak with Rage running.

Traders totally defy the FC Rock Paper scissors theory FC is playing. Why?

Cause trader drains own everyone. The only person who had a chance to beat a trader consistantly in PvP... an MA, with the crit nerf, that was even takin away from them. So, basically. Traders own all. Stack those drains with the tower drains in mass pvp, and you have a triple drain hitting you, thus making ( for example ) a lvl 181 doc.. I was able to cast ql50 heals in combat. How fair is that? Any my gun was reduced to 50% oe.

There has to be SOMETHING done here. either make it hurt nano skills, or weapon skill, but not both. or make them differant lines so one line does we3apons, the other does nano skills. SOMETHING.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

hah nerf traders. traders are not invincible no where near. for starters evades are a dark blue skill for a trader as is any weapon skill other then a shot gun. only shotgun that is good in pvp was just nerfed, ever try to pvp with an ithica that does NOT crit 50% of the time. health and skill drain already hit for only half points. the only real professions that are useless against traders are engies and soldiers. MA's and adv's have a tougher time then fixers or nts but still have a good chance of winning. as far as the roots everyone can break them now anyways with the new nano lines and stims. root isnt the most important nano for a trader any ways. the drains are. every class has to have a strong point if you take away traders drains what are you left with. a slow not much damage dealing cant resist or dodge target practice dummy.

obviously my main is a trade geared for pvp and it really does depend on the skill of the other player more then the class. ive beaten fixers 10 levels higher then me in under a minute. also ive been totally owned by a fixer 7 levels under wielding dual gamma ejectors. (personally i think the reqs on that gun are way to low for the damage it deals). MA's i can take about half the time if more if they dont diamatch. the only profession i have not been able to beat ever is a enforcer. its those damn hp buffs hell im an atrox trader but i have not been able to take an enforcer even 5 levels under me. go figure i guess i must be a gimp

level 79 atrox trader using a ql 116 x3 cause shotguns sux0r

Originally posted by Infamine
    the -2k blind is an engie aura... lowers your ams by 2K as long as the engie doesnt attack.
    W00t fear the engie who doesn't attack

Traders are no where near as powerful as they used to be.

Ithaca is really the only way for traders to go and crit nerf in PvP really hurt.

Anyways i am not the uber PvP person who is super twinked to beat everyone. Infact I lose most of the time in PvP because i end up fighting super twinked level 200 players who wanna gank a nanogimped trader

Anyways, Fixers in GA4 own me I died once today before i knew it . even after i got off the first deprive he hit me for 900+ damage. Soldiers alpha me to death(i am a nanogimp) NTs i can handle cause their nukes can be nerfed with the first plunder pretty easy. Docs are challenging. impossible if they get to land the init plunders before i get a deprive in.

those are just the profs i have fought and was beaten by recently

Wait i fought a engie friend. W00t whooped his ass.

BTW Jannerik is just stupid and his comments should be ignored I am embarrassed on behalf of all traders for his comments

Actualy evades are light blue for trader
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

PvP in AO is not that camping zone in 2Ho or coming to arena and saying wanna duel, that so many of you are used to.

All i can say about mass combat...
    Drains and my ini debuffs dont make you end up with messnage
    You died to a weapon damge your remains will be awaylable in 30 seconds.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    PvP in AO is not that camping zone in 2Ho or coming to arena and saying wanna duel, that so many of you are used to.

All i can say about mass combat...
    Drains and my ini debuffs dont make you end up with messnage
    You died to a weapon damge your remains will be awaylable in 30 seconds.
    No, but it goes like this.

Pomy hits you with UBT.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy was attacked by nanobots for 1K damage.
    You died from weapon damage.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

No, but it goes like this.

Pomy hits you with UBT.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy hits you for # dmg.
    Pomy was attacked by nanobots for 1K damage.
    You died from weapon damage.

Thats in duels...

Do you think i can hit something in mass combat? or kill anything if i would stand next to you and shoot at you from my mauser chemical streamer i would be toast in less then 10 seconds. yes you get debuffed but it takes only 10 seoncons to remove it unless you got agro.

Thats in duels...

Do you think i can hit something in mass combat? or kill anything if i would stand next to you and shoot at you from my mauser chemical streamer i would be toast in less then 10 seconds. yes you get debuffed but it takes only 10 seoncons to remove it unless you got agro.
    Touche`

I'll repeat here what I said some time ago. Trader plunder/divest should be halfed in PvP, like just about everything else thats had the same, even the poor MA crits. The power of trader debuffs is so much that it effectively removes that person from the battle. That 150 Doc just became a 50 Doc in effectiveness, can ignore that one from now on. The 180 NT is casting nukes equal to a level 75. I mean, am I the only one seeing the ridiculous power those debuffs have? Get a couple of traders, pick out the worst from the main attack force and gimp them to hell and back.

Even halved it would be bad, but not as bad, people would still have some sort of fighting chance. As it stands at the moment, if I get attacked by a trader the following happens:

My main heal (630-1200*) drops to a lower heal (400-650*).
    My dots go from doing 168/212 damage to 46/60*, but you halve those in pvp so its actually 23/30*.
    My init debuff goes from -1200* to -600*. Its still alright, any init debuff is nice, but not going to slow people down too much.
    Lastly, my attack rating goes from 700* to about 350*, making my gun half as effective.

So basically, the 153 Doc you have before you, now has the effectiveness of a level 50 Doc. But wait, thats not all, the Trader has now buffed himself from that, to the point where hes gone from being 180 to being 200. How cool is that? Not very, I'd say.

Nerf the damn debuffs, they're ridiculous.

Spookdoc

Note: * means not exact numbers, though they're about right.
    Last edited by Majikall; Dec 11th, 2002 at 15:59:54.

Unhappy

Man, all this people calling for the drains to be "fixed" to make it 'fair'. I guess no one really wants to see a trader in the game ever again. Right now, drains are the only thing a trader has to bring to pvp, well some pretty weak heals. But, once Funkcom gets their hands on "fixing" the trader, I think EVERYONE here knows what will happen, even if they havn't thought it through. Funkcom will follow the same history they always do and just totally nerf the crap out of something rather then properly balancing. So, assuming the they follow their histiry, they will make drains non-stacking and will make it so the target doesn't lose skills. Don't know about you but a 196 trader with like 1050 AR is sad.

Sure, I know that Funkcom will drop the Building of Nerfing on Traders just like I know they will not balance the nerfing they do. I am also sure they will not fix any of the other line of nanos - after all, when was last time they nerfed a character and at same time gave them something worth having.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

You forget the rooting.

Drain + root is just plain evil, because your targets can't cast the nano's anymore to break out of root.
    Making them a sitting duck.

Drain's needs to be altered fast!
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I think that 1k Fling Shot, 1.5k burst, 3k Full Auto and 3k Aimed Shot from 40 meeters away is more unbalanced in pvp then trader drains.... Ah yes chances to land that alpha are as high as chances to land plunder....
    Or 1k of energy damge to all enemies in the area you thinkt hats balanced?

I think that 1k Fling Shot, 1.5k burst, 3k Full Auto and 3k Aimed Shot from 40 meeters away is more unbalanced in pvp then trader drains.... Ah yes chances to land that alpha are as high as chances to land plunder....
    Or 1k of energy damge to all enemies in the area you thinkt hats balanced?
    Well the Kel's thing is balanced because NT's are so weak defensively. A trader is far stronger with his AR, AC, evades, etc.

A full drained trader is like a tank.

But although I killed about 3 people today and finally died because I was divested and pludnered with Rznr, Maddingrad and like 4 others on me, I have been thinking that I really don't want them nerfed. The only thing I would really like to see is the 100% NR one boosted to 120-150% NR.

I most definetly want to see the Trader PvP monsters nerfed.

They are so damn overpowered it's just plain silly. I'm a lvl 120 Soldier and as such allready one of the weakest PvP classes in AO, but I get killes on a regulary basis from Traders that are like 20 levels below me just because they can root me, drain me back to lvl 1 and wait out of range 'till my TMS runs off just to finish me off then without beeing scratched. The guy could almost kill me with a pile of stones because I'm so drained my weapon does no mentionable damage at all.

And don't tell me to simply debuff the drains, that's hardly possible when you got aggro from the guy.
    You just got one shot, make it count.

Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Stop the nerf calling. They've got a place in mass PvP.

If you get hit by a drain in Mass-PvP, pull back, sit down and remove it. If someone decides to keep fighting you, they will be insta dead from getting within range of your allies.

This comes from a melee healer. Now roots on the other hand, there is a huge need for some love there...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast