Thread: Galway County map, skill requirment

Unhappy Galway County map, skill requirment

I realize that this might be a minor issue, and it is one that I petitioned in game about --- oh, over half a year ago now, but why-O-why is the map navigation skill for the Galway County map set at 600??

This is without question a n00bie area and should not have such a high requirement in the first place for various reasons: a) MoB's just outside of Rome in Galway Shire are levels 1-3. b) It's a part of the OT starter maps, and c) it does not contain any, nor is in whole, a political area (25% gas suppression).

This problem only really presents itself to characters who did not start as Omni-Tek, but who then switch sides. After which, now you must purchase the starter maps for yourself so you can better navigate to your mission area and see creatures/people/machines that might be in the area. Perhaps in the switching of sides, when you are given a new token board for your new alignment, you can get the starter map set?

Moreover, what about the apartment key? My clan character switched to OT, but still has his key to his old apartment. Am I expected to run back to my apartment before getting shot by the guards? Sometimes, one is tired after a long day of hunting to have to 'run for one's life' to get back into one's apartment, heh.

Both Omni and Clan start maps can be bought in the Maps machines, so if you changed sides, just go buy it and upload it ... costs 25 Credits if I remember correct.

You can get a Gm to reset your Key flag and then you can choose a new apartment - But all inside the old apartment is gone forever.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

You can't upload startup maps if you already have maps.

Due to the changing of the game and certain areas going non-pvp and stuff they should lower the map requirments of certain areas and definately lower the requirments for the upgrade to see sides on your map. They should do anything to encourage clan/omni fighting.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

bump to reasonable map requirements
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"