Thread: Backpack vendor in Jobe/SL

Backpack vendor in Jobe/SL

Hello,

Where is the backpaks vendor in Jobe Harbor/Market/Plaza please (outside Starter area, I'm 50+) please ?

Thank you

I don't know of one in Jobe, but it's easy enough to run thru to ICC hub and get one. there used to be an NPC in Harbor with "Traveling" in his name according to a search. I don't really buy anything in Jobe other than stims, but I can't imagine that after all these years there's not shops with basic packs in them.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jul 4th, 2017 at 23:47:34.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    ... but I can't imagine that after all these years there's not shops with basic packs in them.
    Neither could I and yet...

Thanks

In the ICC Shopping Hub as you enter turn left, take 2-3 steps, turn right, buy one from "Containers" terminal. You'll also find them in any Fairtrade or Basic/Advanced/Superior Clan/Omni shop. My sub is frozen atm so unsure of SL but think they're in Hardware Dimension.

Basic Omni/Clan shops don't have a backpack vendor. And the Fairtrades in ICC and neutral cities have a lot higher prices for packs (and everything else too) than the regular superior/advanced Omni or Clan shops or the startup vendors distributed around cities (like the ones in OA hill for example). I don't remember ever finding packs anywhere in SL. All vendors outside in harbor/market/plaza were removed some time ago, so if one of them had packs for sale, they're gone now.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Basic Omni/Clan shops don't have a backpack vendor.
    Not in basic shops, but in Advanced and Superior Stores.

Old Athen - left of mission terminals at backyard 16 - Clan Basic Startup Equipment
    Clan Cities - Advanced Supplies - Clan Containers
    Clan Cities - Superior Supplies - Clan Containers

Borealis Fairtrade - ICC Containers (nearly same price as in clan and omni stores, only 5% higher)

OT Cities - Advanced Store - OT Containers
    OT Cities - Superior Store - OT Containers
    Wenn du nur lang genug in den Abgrund schaust, schaut der Abgrund auch in dich hinein. - Ashes to ashes, dust to dust!
    Lt. Col. John Sheppard: "Und sie ...verteidigen diese Position!"
    Dr. Rodney McKay: "Ich hab nur ein Messer, wer bin ich, MacGyver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanitra View Post
    Not in basic shops, but in Advanced and Superior Stores.
    Which is kinda what i implied in the next sentence while mentioning that the neutral fair trades are now more expensive than the clan/omni advanced or superior shops.

And while it's true that the basic packs are not that much more expensive, but especially for a new character with low CL, the named special packs cost insane amounts in the Fair Trades. Like pretty much everything in the ICC/Neutral shops. Everything costs way too much in there for a new player. Which is sad because ICC shops are the ones that the new players go first.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, anyone been able to find a pack vendor in SL/Jobe yet?
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA

its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Anyways, back to the topic at hand, anyone been able to find a pack vendor in SL/Jobe yet?
    My shop info data is from pre-18.7 so might be outdated. But from having scourged all of RK and SL to collect shop inventories:

Only the Outzone Supplier sells backpacks in the Shadowlands.

For future reference, this was the SQL query.
    Code:
    SELECT 
    t.`TemplateId`,
    t.`Name`,
    isn.`name` AS ShopName,
    isl.`id` AS ZoneId,
    isl.`name` AS ZoneName

FROM 
    aoitems_live.`Templates` AS `t`
    JOIN ItemShopMap AS `ism` ON (`ism`.`lowid` = t.`TemplateId` OR ism.`highid`=t.`TemplateId`)
    JOIN ItemShopNames AS `isn` ON (isn.`id`=ism.`shopName`)
    JOIN ItemShopLocations AS `isl` ON (isl.`id` = isn.`id`)

WHERE
    t.`IsCurrent`=1
    AND t.`Name` LIKE '%backpack%'
    AND isl.name NOT LIKE 'general%store%'
    Code:
    TemplateId  Name              ShopName                ZoneId  ZoneName         
    ----------  ----------------  ----------------------  ------  -----------------
         99228  Small Backpack    Outzone Supplier             1  General          
         99228  Small Backpack    Unicorn Supply Depot         4  BS Staging Area  
        259016  Veteran Backpack  Veteran Rewards Vendor       2
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 14th, 2017 at 01:32:00.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Only the Outzone Supplier sells backpacks in the Shadowlands.
    Thanks.

But isn't this the the vendor at the LoX area, right? So not really a place where a newbie could buy packs?

I used to hate not being able to get packs from SL vendors when i used to farm PB patterns and arul gems. Good to know that it's still better to stack your bank full of empty backpacks if you go hunting anything in SL that requires a lot of inventory space.