Thread: 150 PvP Doc

150 PvP Doc

Fellow healers,

I have a 150 Solitus Doctor AI 20.

I would like to be viable in PvP, but at the moment, I have messed up both my nanoskills and my ability to control nano. I like 150 PvP because you can go one way or the other with your characters, always seeming to lack in one area, which makes you vulnerable. However, I can't seem to peg a doctor in either direction.

Does anyone have a nice setup for PvP Doc? I'm currently using +dmg gear and MBC / CC, but I'm not fond of it. I miss AS. Are there any alternatives to the Arbalest?

I made a 126 evade doc that is absolutely incredible for support, but made the 150 in hopes of being able to do well in duels and mass pvp. Is a 150 doc with evades a viable option or is the AR of other professions at that level just a little too powerful? (I don't mind switching breed to opi if it is an option)

Also, would love to hear your opinions regarding breed. At the moment, I can only see the benefits of opi or nm.

Thanks Healing Community!

I leveled mine to 153 after getting bored healing for s10 gens, it's using Zastaba with HP/NR equip and works pretty well AS is not the fastest but it's decent sits almost 12k hp should work pretty much the same for level 150.

Other options I've seen are grail/soc grail/phaulk for melee Ithaca/Arbalest/Zastaba for ranged if you want AS other wise the MBC you have seems like a pretty good option with it's duck def check.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=176646

Made that for fun long ago , but look like it work well cause since I quit 1 years almost every doc 150 goes 1he lol...

Work ok in pvm too
    .: Proud Member of Spartans :.

Lotusnoir: 220/30 Adv - Savapeter: 220/30 MA
    Mrpinetti: 220/30 Crat -Jetekill: 220/30 Shade !
    Lotus: 220/30 NT -Savakite: 170/24 PvP NT
    Spaartacus: 220/30 Keeper -Cheapdate: 150/20 MP
    Lotuss: 150/20 Doc - Jetedrain 116/13 Trader
    Soldlotus : 220/30 Sold - Sneaking64 : 172/24 Agent

Thank you both for your responses.

Lotus64, that is actually the setup that I was considering.
    Only issue is, it seems that we rely on Sneak Attack and SA is a solid 40 second recharge at best.

Also, why Gelid blade? That is 2 separate damage types.
    I was also considering HP hud.

I am considering trox 150 doc with that setup or an opi 150 doc with complete evade setup, purely for support / heals. If I were to make a 150 evade setup, would it be alright against the AR at TL 5?

Their is some nice items that can change your Dmg , if you change to poison then both weap+ DOT do same DD , but this is some trick to get at 150!

Also Brawl stun saved me many time^^ & why gelid ? Cause of the proc on it , even fully debuffed & about to die , it landed few time on trader & killed it

Saph bow is also an option, easily implantable and buffable (not as much as rifle though), but 11s AS is easy to achieve.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Saph bow is also an option, easily implantable and buffable (not as much as rifle though), but 11s AS is easy to achieve.
    Hmm - Can you achive it selfed tho?

Actually looking at the stats (it was my sisters doctor, who is currently frozen), it seems that it doesn't have 11s AS..
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    Actually looking at the stats (it was my sisters doctor, who is currently frozen), it seems that it doesn't have 11s AS..
    I am currently twinking a 150 doc and it seems like I can do 11s on zastaba (but that being triple AS imped and full css but 1-2 pieces in the end. So without looking into details, getting saph with 11s selfed doesnt seem doable.

I was watching a 150 doc with soc/gelid messing around today in pvp. Wasn't too impressed. They may have no clue how to play i though...so who knows. Arbalest/zasataba I would expect to be the best AS option...
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

SoC/gelid setups outperform every other setup there is at 150 imo. Used it on my 150 doc bootlip and there wasnt much i couldnt beat. Added advantage to being 1he is that u can solo s10 bosses in 3-4 mins on ur own and dont need to rely on others. So not only does it do extremely well in pvp, does great in pvm aswell.

IP is very hard though if you want to ip dodge and clsc like i did (and u want to, trust me) but with wise expenditure it works out well.

leveled it to 165 and went trox later on and went evade setup etc and it was even beating some 200 "twinks" (people with good gear and average skill). 170 fp doc agents (the ones setup solely for fp doc, not talking about css monkeys who can cast 4 chs) couldnt perk it in wit etc etc.

In hp swaps you can get like 14-15k hp on a trox which, combined with def and obs is not gonna die at NW either

The doc is now 218 and called trollbait after some angry 200 petitioned my name ;p regret leveling it tbh was a lot of fun to play.

all in all, go soc its sick in pvp and pvm.

Its a pity the 150 docs that have 1he dont have a clue to what they are doing tho

Send me a tell ingame on trollbait if you want any advice
    Last edited by Youmad; Jan 2nd, 2014 at 18:26:45.

It's by far the best setup with hight HP , decent DD with decent alpha also

Anyways all doc go 1he cause they saw other do it , always been like that

Thank you all for your responses. I have since taken my 150 doc atrox.

It is lacking on Evades, but still has some IP left.
    In playing around, I must say, I am loving this character.

I blew all of my HC points to purchase the GPH, because I am impatient
    Soft twink is complete. Just purchased 'Weird Looking' Nanos.
    Farmed Cama Pads this morning.

Also, I took my character to Inferno and made the Damage Override Device.

I look forward to seeing you all on the battle field and learning

Been a lot of talk on here about 1he setups but does anyone know if a pistol setup can be just as viable?
    The Heat of Inferno is burning you alive! You need protection! *grabs sunscreen*

Swiftsoldja ---> 220/26/57 Soldier
    Swifthealer ---> 203/16/18 Doctor
    Swiftma ---> 150/13/17 Martial Artist (S10 Twink)
    Natzuu ---> 60/6/14 Martial Artist (TOTW Twink)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragennd View Post
    Been a lot of talk on here about 1he setups but does anyone know if a pistol setup can be just as viable?
    MBC or right hand seems nice. And I am loving my Zastaba. The problem with such setups is that you more or less need full CC or CSS. You are loosing quite some stats/hp compared to a gelid setup.

You have quite a few options as a 150 doc. If you want to avoid Arbalest, Zastaba is simply your best option if you want to go the AS route. Good AS cooldown, consistant damage, and is rather easy to put on.

You can also go nanoskill/HP setup to be an undrainable heal dispenser!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I personally went melee but a little different than most. using a 220 piercing evil and a slayerdroid crystal claw. Massive crits from both weaps in pvm and sneak + brawl stun in pvp. 1.1k ar in current setp, not great but def not horrible, 11k hp. Weaps are slow but flurry can let you throw out some damage quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.