Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live.

I love to have new nanos for my enforcer character, but as I saw them on the test server, they could use a bit of tweaking to make it more realistic to use them.

First of all it seems that all new nano's only use the PM and SI skill.

Why not spread the requirements a bit, why put everything on these 2?

Second it seems the some of the high QL nanos have rediculous high nano skill requirements, higher then we can even raise as an enforcer maybe. Don't forget that all 6!!! nano skills for an enforcer are very dark blue.

Third (and this is my most important point!) I'm missing nano crystals to boost Brawling.

I expected a few nano crystals to raise this skill, just like Dirty fighter does for MA, but not even the 2 new Rampage nano boost Brawling

Please put a brawling line of nanos on the market for enforcers, since we really use this skill a lot, and it's really strange to me that MA has them, but Enf not.

Thumbs up

Bump!

I think that is completely valid complaint. Havn't actually seen the new line but if it's as bad as I hear, I'm not even gonna bother trying to use them.

Brawling would be cool too

Anybody post the req for the new line anywhere, I'm to lazy to look.
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

pretty much ALL skill buffs are based on pm and si (correct me if im wrong), so its only logical that the new enf nanos are too. however, the reqs seem pretty silly. same goes for the new nt and the one new engy nano in 14.5 . (reqs on these are 1000+ in up to three nano skills).

Re: Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

Originally posted by Dyna18

First of all it seems that all new nano's only use the PM and SI skill.

Why not spread the requirements a bit, why put everything on these 2?
    They are skill buffs. All skills buffs require SI / PM. It would be crazy to make the enforcer skill buffs any different.

Second it seems the some of the high QL nanos have rediculous high nano skill requirements, higher then we can even raise as an enforcer maybe. Don't forget that all 6!!! nano skills for an enforcer are very dark blue.
    Buhu, welcome to reality. Most classes are unable to self cast all their nanos, especially the most nano reliant classes (heh, isn't that perfect irony..). To be able to cast your top nanos you need the help of a mp and/or trader.
    Makes for diversity in teams you know? I'm sure a team of 5 enfs and a doc would be a lot more useful than a lot of other combinations, why bother to drag along MPs and traders? Now MPs has a purpose to lvl beyond 130.

Third (and this is my most important point!) I'm missing nano crystals to boost Brawling.

I expected a few nano crystals to raise this skill, just like Dirty fighter does for MA, but not even the 2 new Rampage nano boost Brawling

Please put a brawling line of nanos on the market for enforcers, since we really use this skill a lot, and it's really strange to me that MA has them, but Enf not.
    MAs are the masters of unarmed damage. Brawl is AFAIK using your fists to punch an opponent. Your dark blue brawl skill should also be an indicator that it isn't an enf skill.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

I agree with most of this reply, and I dont think we NEED brawl buffs.

Fact is though that 80% of enforcers use brawl so to say it is not an enforcer skill is pretty nuts.

*shrug*

we get 5/level {edit, changed 4 to 5, was a typo}

if it was not an enforcer skill it would be 3/level (like all ranged skills)

*edit* umm, 2hb is teal (ie kinda blue) does that suggest that 2hb is not as much of an enforcer skill as edged? If so, then we all just idiots when we roll enforcers cause a MAJOR sector of enforcers are 2hb
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 1st, 2002 at 14:38:57.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Ug, enforcer's shouldn't be scrounging for nano skill points, we're not supposed to be a super nano class. I think they should tone down the requirements *shrug*.

Take the edged buffs, the one that's the equivilant of Brutal Thug takes around 100 more skill in both pm and si to cast. That's not right, they can't just ignore the skill range they established with the origional buffs. Especially when the edged, peircing, energy melee buffs should have been in the game from day 1.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Sorry I phrazed that bad. I meant brawl's not *primarily* an enforcer skill.
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Thumbs down

*shrug* I have to use all my nano skills too... and for half the effectiveness for my buffs.

I have to deal with it... everyone else has to. ... and I highly doubt I can self cast my highest ones at that.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Re: Re: Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

Originally posted by Third Eye

Buhu, welcome to reality. Most classes are unable to self cast all their nanos, especially the most nano reliant classes (heh, isn't that perfect irony..). To be able to cast your top nanos you need the help of a mp and/or trader.
    Makes for diversity in teams you know? I'm sure a team of 5 enfs and a doc would be a lot more useful than a lot of other combinations, why bother to drag along MPs and traders? Now MPs has a purpose to lvl beyond 130.
    They can't expect an enforcer to max out it's nano skills. An enforcer is a fighter, not a nano user. So why make our nano requirements that high then?
    Don't forget that all 6! of our nano skills are dark blue. That's a huge IP pit.

Brawl is AFAIK using your fists to punch an opponent. Your dark blue brawl skill should also be an indicator that it isn't an enf skill.
    It's not dark blue, but it's greenish!
    It's also a skill a large majority of enfocers use, so I think a buff for it on higher levels is only fair.
    It's also logical if you think about what kind of skill brawling is (hand to hand close combat) which fits perfectly into the profile of an enforcer (large strong fighter, using simple fighting).

Re: Re: Re: Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

Originally posted by Dyna18

They can't expect an enforcer to max out it's nano skills. An enforcer is a fighter, not a nano user. So why make our nano requirements that high then?
    Don't forget that all 6! of our nano skills are dark blue. That's a huge IP pit.

Oh Im sooo sure fixers are expected to either... but they manage. Its a tough road... but it takes thought into what skills you're going keep.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Fixers do get that HUD2 item that boosts their nanoskills and their nanoskills cap higher then Enforcers, partly due to that. I'm fine with the hard to raise nanoskills and even the high reqs on the new lines, but I do think that the fact that I need 100 more SI/PM to get +89 2he OR 1he then is needed to get +87 1hb AND 2hb is a bit off. The non-blunt weapons are not in anyway superior to blunts so you can't say that it's to balance that. It's just a bit of something that doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by Yazule
    If so, then we all just idiots when we roll enforcers cause a MAJOR sector of enforcers are 2hb
    Most of them are atrox which got 400 int.. me included so your statement can very well be true.. ill investigate this case further.

the skillbuffs

earlier mentioned by here somewhere after 14.x FC rep. said that new nanos might be for shadowlands so.. thats why the req's are so high.

They are skill buffs. All skills buffs require SI / PM. It would be crazy to make the enforcer skill buffs any different.

actually it does not.

all it means is that metas will be more sought before the team rolls off on a mission.

people want the meta buffs not the meta. who knows maybe the next fix will be a decrease in meta buffs duration.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Third Eye

Hey, i dont care what they are, they are just to high!

look, with ql 200 imps a enf at lvl 200 can selfcast behemoth.
    skill req = 700.
    so if he wants to cast the new nanos that are skill req: 866.. he would need a mochams.. ooh wait not even that will help.

MAs are the masters of unarmed damage. Brawl is AFAIK using your fists to punch an opponent. Your dark blue brawl skill should also be an indicator that it isn't an enf skill.

Our brawl are not dark blue. hello? wakeup

^^^^
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Re: Please tweak new enforcer nanos before going live

eh? QL200 imps at L200? *falls off chair laughing*

I've been selfcasting behemoth since 163 or so, dont know where you got that from.
    but you're right about the new nanos, unless SI/PM is fully implanted (which will completely mess up weapon skills) they're not even castable with mochams alone, but mochams + a wrangle.

The new nanos is supposed to be based on the shadowlands skill budget tho, so I guess we'll just have to run around with our uncastable nanos until that arrives. *shrug*

Originally posted by eyedee

look, with ql 200 imps a enf at lvl 200 can selfcast behemoth.
    skill req = 700.
    so if he wants to cast the new nanos that are skill req: 866.. he would need a mochams.. ooh wait not even that will help.
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Actually the ma's brawl skill is teal, and the enf brawl skill is green If you read the profesion description in the manual you will see that brawl is on of the few key skills that are listed on enf. The key enf skills are actually. Body development,
    Brawling, All melee skills, Melee initiative and Psychology.

Even fixer has a buff for there alpha attacks now, i find it some w00t suprising that enf dosent have a buff for there key alpha attack.

/scratch

Sorry I phrazed that bad. I meant brawl's not *primarily* an enforcer skill.

all beam enforcers have one special *brawl*

it IS a primary attack, sorry if you dont think so, but an MA gets both brawl and an MA attack so they are less dependant on it than a beam enforcer. My brawl is maxed and implanted in 3 places, like most 2hb enforcers.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Why would they need to be tweaked, seems pretty fair that they use PM and SI only, these new wep buffs are very similar to the ADV ones we got few months back, and they use the same req's, if they get toned down at all you will prolly see a ton of ADVs asking for theirs to be toned down also, not like we dont have ones with rediculous reqs. We also dont get to boost brawling, and all melee ADVs use that as a primary attack and ours is Dark Blue

Just an observation If this is taken seriously and Enfs get tweaked, ADVs should also.

Jagdtyger

Well as a member of a profession with nano reqs in all six skills I've got to say:
    No! You DO NOT want your nano reqs on any more skills.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast