Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

Wrong, mastablasta.

Go to your local AO folder, open it and go to the: Sound/Voice/...
    There are 43 SOUND files, with all details about characters, character creation. it was removed from game. And dont ask me why - because within 1-2 minutes, you gained answer for most IMPORTANT questions you might ask at first, landing on Rubi-Ka.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Wrong, mastablasta.

Go to your local AO folder, open it and go to the: Sound/Voice/...
    There are 43 SOUND files, with all details about characters, character creation. it was removed from game. And dont ask me why - because within 1-2 minutes, you gained answer for most IMPORTANT questions you might ask at first, landing on Rubi-Ka.
    Those files describing character creation weren't part of the arrival hall, they are part of the old character creation thing where you would walk around in a series of rooms to create your char while that voice told you about things.

Arrival hall was just textual exposition.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funny thing is that ur speaking about marketing and right moment to present AO, delay of video cause u want it to be nice for public and other lies/excuses and the fact that AO isnt even on FC page with other games makes that statment ( AO Going down in 2015 ) much more believable.

http://www.funcom.com/

Best part is the page is 80% empty but it looks like FC dosnt care about AO enough to even list it as FC games or have any plans with it, its just thing that gives extra cash and use it while it last...

Soon tm last 4-5 years just trying extend that time by giving false promises that's proly the only plan FC has for AO...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Funny thing is that ur speaking about marketing and right moment to present AO, delay of video cause u want it to be nice for public and other lies/excuses and the fact that AO isnt even on FC page with other games makes that statment ( AO Going down in 2015 ) much more believable.

Best part is the page is 80% empty but it looks like FC dosnt care about AO enough to even list it as FC games or have any plans with it, its just thing that gives extra cash and use it while it last...

Soon tm last 4-5 years just trying extend that time by giving false promises that's proly the only plan FC has for AO...
    See here for a screenshot proving AO is listed on the FC pages; Quite easily accessible even.

It does however look like their front page list the three most popular games that they make or publish.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

What part is this "AO going down in 2015"? And what is this about AO not being on funcom.com? Because it is. http://www.funcom.com/games/ao is linked from the menu (why FC uses a flash site is beyond me) and it's the 4th slide in the frontpage gallery. Sure, it could be part of the 3 thumbnails listed at the bottom, but it's not, probably because they want to put it there after launch of engine etc..

Maybe sharpen up your communication skills, because it's really hard to understand what you're saying, especially when you just make stuff up to support your theory, if that's what it is. Quotes also help if you want to convey a response to a certain part of someone's post. As it stands your post is pretty illegible.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    See here for a screenshot proving AO is listed on the FC pages; Quite easily accessible even.

It does however look like their front page list the three most popular games that they make or publish.
    I saw that and yes its in drop menu along with awsome games like pets vs monsters. But one would think that game FC is planing to hold alive for 10 more years, making huge effort rebalancing entire pvp system, making whole new engine to mention that to someone other then addicts still playing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Maybe sharpen up your communication skills, because it's really hard to understand what you're saying, especially when you just make stuff up to support your theory, if that's what it is. Quotes also help if you want to convey a response to a certain part of someone's post. As it stands your post is pretty illegible.
    Well maybe just maybe English isn't only language in the world and not everyone lives in Country where English is main language and knows it perfectly.

Well maybe just maybe English isn't only language in the world and not everyone lives in Country where English is main language and knows it perfectly.
    Neither do I. But I still make an effort to produce a properly setup post, I'll make sure my post is formatted properly and contains all the necessary information to support my claims. But yours contains no supporting information to what you say and that leaves it hanging in some sort of limbo where you can't figure out what it is you're trying to say. Bad English is easy to overcome if you post something that makes sense.

I'm for instance still curious about this part where you say a person on the AO team has said that AO will shut down in 2015, but I can't be bothered to read through 22 pages of posts to find it. So I'd like a quote done with the quote button.
    Is that too much to ask?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 15th, 2012 at 11:35:13.
    The Red Brotherhood

For the whole "closing in 2015" thing, here's how it goes:
    1) The claim for a closure in 2015 can be found here. Pretty obvious bait
    2) Someone saying "if this is true, [...]" here (only bring this in because it's the post Kintaii replies to)
    3) Kintaii says the claim of closure in 2015 "is in no way, shape, or form true." here.

Can this rumour just die already?
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    For the whole "closing in 2015" thing, here's how it goes:
    1) The claim for a closure in 2015 can be found here. Pretty obvious bait
    2) Someone saying "if this is true, [...]" here (only bring this in because it's the post Kintaii replies to)
    3) Kintaii says the claim of closure in 2015 "is in no way, shape, or form true." here.

Can this rumour just die already?

But developers are all liars, we know that.
    The Red Brotherhood

Great reason You personal is desiring achievement from that position of fullfilment in a time also short. Correctly?

I apologize for my bad english and for my sentences that are hard to understand as u say MastaBlasta. I do my best but i guess thats still not enough.

Anyway i still think that all that story about marketing and engine video waiting for right moment is just another lie.

We came to a point where engine release is so unbelievable that after 4-5 years of lies, now we are hoping for a engine video and aperently even thats too hard to ask. One cant stop thinking that AO team is just here to hold us as much as possible with bunch of promises which never come true.

If its rly true that AO is game to live for another 10 years, game which will get complete rework, new engine, rebalance, new start up for new players etc. u will expect to see it more important then simple free game like BLC which got few players playing arena based pvp game.

There's no reason to apologise, language skills are different from person to person, but structuring information properly is not a part of that. Don't try to play a "i suck at english" card on me when you're not even trying to communicate a point.

What I don't get is why you think those things are all untrue? I mean, would a company spend all that time coming up with these elaborate "lies" as you call them (a word that is incredibly hard and I think rather insulting as well and it's sad to see people throw around such insults in such a casual manner), just to lead people on and keep them paying? I find that highly unlikely.

For one, is the only reason people pay for AO to spend time waiting for the next update? They don't actually pay to play? I realise that some are probably in the "waiting" category, on account of having already spend thousands of hours on AO, but, really, all of them? Because it'd have to be the vast majority for a plan such as making up a story with videos and screenshots of AO-graphics rendered in a different engine and build a whole mock-up of the current game in it, as well as come up with all these nano documents and monitor all this debate and feedback for that to be economically viable.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    why FC uses a flash site is beyond me
    It's only the middle part of the front page for the animated Age of Conan background.

I guess it also pre-load their ARG puzzle thing.
    blah

I apologize for my bad english and for my sentences that are hard to understand as u say MastaBlasta. I do my best but i guess thats still not enough.

Anyway i still think that all that story about marketing and engine video waiting for right moment is just another lie.

We came to a point where engine release is so unbelievable that after 4-5 years of lies, now we are hoping for a engine video and aperently even thats too hard to ask. One cant stop thinking that AO team is just here to hold us as much as possible with bunch of promises which never come true.

If its rly true that AO is game to live for another 10 years, game which will get complete rework, new engine, rebalance, new start up for new players etc. u will expect to see it more important then simple free game like BLC which got few players playing arena based pvp game.
    Let me start by saying that your "English skills" are very understandable. I just don't see where your conclusions come from. You throw in a conclusion/claim and back it up with other (unsubstantiated) claims. It's a common thing to do when eager; I'll be the first to admit I do this too.

I can't speak to your feelings; Your feelings are your own. And I'm pretty sure we're all eager to see the next big thing for AO. If anything, I'd say the eagerness resulting in the announcement of the new engine way back when was unfortunate. Hindsight is great, I know.

They have however been a rather small team for a long time, but recent new hires to the AO team (an artist, a designer, a new producer and a code monkey. ) should be a pretty solid indication of where AO stands. And by the signs, I'd say it's not negative. (I left the GD out of that list as that was more of a promotion)

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I hate waiting. I really do. I also like poking people when they're being slow, to make them speed up. I do however hate seeing people constantly nag about "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?" - especially when, no matter what the answer is, the reaction seems to be either dissatisfaction or disbelief in the answer which is given. Both are understandable; And neither gets anyone anywhere.

I've also seen many claims of there being no new content "because of engine and rebalance"; Such claims can be easily disproved by pointing to the patch notes forum.

It would be nice if people would just try to enjoy the game as it is; The way we've all enjoyed it for years. Try some new twist(*); If you stumble across a new player, help them along (without doing everything for them.. that just kills the fun)(*). Try to see if there's something in the community, related to the game (or otherwise) which you would enjoy doing(*).

(*): Not saying you're not doing these things already. If you are, great! If you're not; Well that's great too.

tl;dr: Everything isn't "doom and gloom". There's several clues substantiating this claim; Including the recent hiring of new people to the AO team.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:39:22.

Now THERE is the video.. about time, but wow, what nice graphics!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

considering how FC meet their forecasted date usually... If they indeed forecast a closure in 2015.. I think AO has 10 to 15 years in front of it
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Here is a nice article that explains a bit of what has also been a problem here in AO and comes to a conclusion that you always get flamed for saying: http://www.howlingtower.com/2012/03/...dependent.html
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Now THERE is the video.. about time, but wow, what nice graphics!
    Did I miss something?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Did I miss something?
    My small sting of sarcasm...
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast