Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 21st, 2011 - Canyon view

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    I mean: If you live in Montreal, you don't need to re-locate. If you don't live in Montreal at the moment, you do need to re-locate. Yes you will need to live there once you have the job, but you do not need to live there already to apply for the job (assuming relocating is the only requirement).
    Ah right.
    Would be unreasonable to ask someone to move there before applying.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    10 is still large enough to require experience in working with teams.
    Hell, even if the team was smaller than that it still requires good teamwork to be productive.
    In this industry you work with several other professions each with their own specialty all adding in pieces to the puzzle. It takes teamwork to make this work.

Now wonder why those groups in your example exist..
    For exactly the reason to give students experience with working in teams.

It's a skill that certainly deserves to be mentioned.
    It's that important. If you can't work in teams, you'll be useless working on this team.
    I'm not arguing that at all. Yes, teamwork is a valuable skill and something that should be looked for.

Teamwork in LARGE groups, while they're applying to the AO team? Laughable.

10 people is a large team in many businesses as anything bigger is broken down into smaller teams :P
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    10 people is a large team in many businesses as anything bigger is broken down into smaller teams :P
    Working on a game of AO's size (ingame and code size, not playerbase size), 10 people is not a large team.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I'm not arguing that at all. Yes, teamwork is a valuable skill and something that should be looked for.

Note how it says "(large) teams", and it's listed as requirement for all jobs.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Discussion over cut and paste jobs for the win
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Small team = 3 ppl
    Medium team = 4~5 ppl
    Large team = 6~10 ppl
    Above 10 ppl, they get split in smaller groups.

If AO have 10 co-workers, and they are all one team, they are a large team :P No matter if there are more 10 team or if they are the only ones. /shrug
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

You really just bitch and moan about everything don't you?
    Are you really that angry they put "(large)" in there?
    Ran out of other stuff to whine about in FWMs?
    Formerly Vhab.

Half that list is invalid on basis of just being pure nonsense. Halloween update goes live about 4 days before halloween if you go look at previous patchnotes. Most the rest is not something you can whine over in any meaningful way, and then a few remaining points are fine to live with.

I guess you're not experienced with MMOs. They're full of malcontents, and whining about it doesn't get anything fixed. Especially when the whining is not about anything concrete, but rather just a nebulous idea that somehow you're being mistreated.

Whatever. Go play another game, be happy there if AO makes you so unhappy.

AO used to be full of horrible errors, imbalances, things that really did make the game largely unplayable. But yet, people played it more back then than they do now. Why is that? Certainly not because there's way more interesting content, certainly not that it's more expensive to pay in euro, as the majority of the population are europeans, and that a low level zone has poor geometry doesn't make a difference either. No, what is problematic here is that those of us who enjoy THIS exact type of game grew up and stopped playing them 95% of our time. And the industry saw that, and stopped making them.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

My goodness! I do believe that Vhab just won this thread.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Small team = 3 ppl
    Medium team = 4~5 ppl
    Large team = 6~10 ppl
    Above 10 ppl, they get split in smaller groups.
    This (approximately).

/thread
    Solweintraub - Engi - 220/30/70
    Byteflush... - Advy - 150/04/14

All I need to know is: Can I get phat loot while playing at 4 in the morning and drunk on port before I go back to working in a RK4 call centre again on the 31st? Seriously, I need to splatter and loot UPH before I fake being nice to these things called "humans" again...
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Did you even look at my other posts in this very FWM? Nope, of course not. Pro Tip: I defended FC against multiple people, including Masta.

And I'm not angry about anything that has to do with that job posting. If you'll look at the post that started this little epeen waving contest from Masta, I simply laughed that they think the AO team is large. If the AO team were large, they'd be actively developing new content and releasing it on a more regular basis. But they're not large, and for the size they are, what they do is quite impressive.

Funny how you seem to know my feelings and opinions, even though the facts directly counter your assertions. Ya, sometimes I get fed up with FC, or AO, and that's when I take a break, come back when I miss it. I call them out on stupid moves, because who wouldn't? Feel free to keep on keeping on, though. Haters gonna hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Like I said there, then the QA team only tests what they're told to test. Were they told to test S42? Who knows..
    Then again, you also said that the proc would be getting removed or at least adjusted in the Halloween patch. Indeed so. Most indeededly.

Then again, you also said that the proc would be getting removed or at least adjusted in the Halloween patch. Indeed so. Most indeededly.
    Might I direct your attention to this thread?
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Work has been continuing this week refining lighting and self illumination effects to really get the mood we all want to see both during the day and at night. I imagine when/if the Rookie gets stuck in here (screenie attached) it will be because he can't believe how good the canyons look now
    Looks real nice. Looking forward to this
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

So I’m interested in the possible proc fix. Are you saying that you know that they will introduce this as a ninja fix? Or are you saying that it might happen?

Dear Esssch, Reality check: You're bitching and moaning about the word large between parenthesis in a job offer.
    You really are just bitching for the sake of bitching.
    Formerly Vhab.

Might I direct your attention to this thread?
    "- the 18.4.8 mob initiatives cap that was lifted, and then put back in place for 18.4.9, has now been lifted again for 18.4.10. (technically part of 18.4.8, where it originated)"
    Closest thing I see. The rest of the thread makes no mention of it and is for 18.4.8 anyways, when this update is 18.4.11. Try again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    So I’m interested in the possible proc fix. Are you saying that you know that they will introduce this as a ninja fix? Or are you saying that it might happen?
    He was saying he knows it'll be fixed this patch. I'm finding no mention of it anywhere.
    Dear Esssch, Reality check: You're bitching and moaning about the word large between parenthesis in a job offer.
    You really are just bitching for the sake of bitching.
    I am? I saw no complaining from me. All I see is others complaining that I laughed at the AO team being considered large.

btw, I know you've really lost your trolling touch since the glory days of the AvR Empire, so I'll let you know that even minor swearing will get you infractions these days.

"- the 18.4.8 mob initiatives cap that was lifted, and then put back in place for 18.4.9, has now been lifted again for 18.4.10. (technically part of 18.4.8, where it originated)"
    Closest thing I see. The rest of the thread makes no mention of it and is for 18.4.8 anyways, when this update is 18.4.11. Try again?
    My point was that just because it's not in the patchnotes, it might still be in the patch.
    The Red Brotherhood

My point was that just because it's not in the patchnotes, it might still be in the patch.
    You said flat out that the proc would be removed in 18.4.11. Citation needed.

Edit: Actually, I found one for you. Posted a mere 2 hours ago. And you try to claim you don't have any inside knowledge due to being NT professional. You're not a very good liar.
    Last edited by Esssch; Oct 27th, 2011 at 02:13:24.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast