Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You call that clever? It's about as clever as a monkey smoking a cigarette.
    cleverer than sitting in front of a teleporter hitting tabotabotabotabo in or out of an APT yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    cleverer than sitting in front of a teleporter hitting tabotabotabotabo in or out of an APT yes.
    AO is being senselessly crippled so bad (economy, battlestation, pocket exploiting, etc) that it might actually be worth a jump to Earthrise (despite it not being completely finished)....I hear they are releasing their NW clone next month. It beats listening to the GD about how he wants to nerf my ability to pvp smart, while at the same time stab me in the back by selling credits.

I've played this game for 8-9 years. I was here since 30 days after launch. I've always played this game for the game itself, never the company who developed it. I always knew the company wasn't the brightest apples of the bunch but I was willing to tolerate a whole lot. However, it is getting retarded now....

I'm sure a lot of you fanboys/trolls would love to see me leave these forums. I don't really care. You realize though, there is a very serious problem when you have long-time veterans feeling as if they have no choice but to leave the game due to pure stupidity from the devs.

Hmmmm, Earthrise is on sale...

There will always be someone disagreeing with a change, simply because people don't like changes.
    Did you try PvP'ing in the new enviorenment yet? No? Quit your whining and resume it once you have some experience to base it on.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    There will always be someone disagreeing with a change, simply because people don't like changes.
    Did you try PvP'ing in the new enviorenment yet? No? Quit your whining and resume it once you have some experience to base it on.
    Spoken like a true fanboy. Everyone plays on the battlestations already. It does not take a genius to figure out what closing off 50% of the battlestation does. Your (as in all fanboys/trolls) choice of being blind to the obvious is what has gotten FC in this mess as it is.

They trusted the fanboys by listening to suggestions from them....not realizing that fanboys don't really care about the quality of the game. They just want someone to worship and hate anyone who doesn't worship the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Spoken like a true fanboy. Everyone plays on the battlestations already. It does not take a genius to figure out what closing off 50% of the battlestation does. Your (as in all fanboys/trolls) choice of being blind to the obvious is what has gotten FC in this mess as it is.

They trusted the fanboys by listening to suggestions from them....not realizing that fanboys don't really care about the quality of the game. They just want someone to worship and hate anyone who doesn't worship the same.
    But how do you know it won't be better with the changes? Can you give a proper argument that makes sense instead of just ranting about fanboys? I don't give a rat's ass about the BS changes, I don't ever go there. I just want to hear what your argument is.
    Or are you just a hateboy, someone who just hates on things for the sake of hating? I'm inclined to think that, since there's no information to base the hate on.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; May 30th, 2011 at 19:31:00.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

If you look well at screenshots you will notice that only the areas people use to stuck/disable pets are closed.

As Klod said: "If you cant fix pet path, fix the path itself. " While its not the best thing to do, I think is still better lock those areas than just let pet proffs petless for 70% of BS round cause someone stucked their pets by jump up and down.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I'm referring to all the ways to avoid being teleport camped, not overall cleverness of BS tricks. If you get teleport camped, that's even DUMBER than being spawncamped. The only thing that is worse is being core camped or 'top of the spiral' camped, which is to say that being teleport camped is ... not a problem at all if you aren't playing like a cigarette smoking monkey.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

No, it's obvious that someone that spreads out as much hate of the game as you do and continuous vomits on every FC effort has a WAY more vested interest in seeing a high quality output for the game than someone that is willing to entertain the fact that not every FC development is pure crap. Amiright?

Best part is that you suggest playing Earthrise as a better alternative than subjecting yourself to the absolutely crippled economy of AO. I will let you make that mistake on your own.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 30th, 2011 at 21:50:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about the BS changes, I don't ever go there. I just want to hear what your argument is.
    Your comment here is a good example of fanboy trolling. An apparent defense of FC by saying that I just like to hate for the sake of hating. You have no interest whatsoever in the actual changes being made, as you freely admit that "you don't give a rat's ass about the BS changes". You just want to provoke an argument.

THAT is why FC fails because they mistook you for someone who cared about the game and so they promoted you to professional...when in fact, you just like to troll. Well played I must say, but still /fail.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    If you look well at screenshots you will notice that only the areas people use to stuck/disable pets are closed.
    Blocking off +/-50% of the battlestation is NOT an acceptable compromise to fix a pet pathing issue.

No, it's obvious that someone that spreads out as much hate of the game as you do and continuous vomits on every FC effort has a WAY more vested interest in seeing a high quality output for the game than someone that is willing to entertain the fact that not every FC development is pure crap. Amiright?
    Since when did praising Funcom for every thing they do regardless of reality fix anything?

Negative feedback gets things fixed.

However, when it is broken because FC did something completely stupid (such as credit selling or removing half of the BS), then I take that as an offensive action against me and I am not the kind of person who just sits quietly while getting slapped in the face.

I don't mind at all to provide positive feedback, but FC hasn't given a reason for me to do so lately.

Your comment here is a good example of fanboy trolling. An apparent defense of FC by saying that I just like to hate for the sake of hating. You have no interest whatsoever in the actual changes being made, as you freely admit that "you don't give a rat's ass about the BS changes". You just want to provoke an argument.

THAT is why FC fails because they mistook you for someone who cared about the game and so they promoted you to professional...when in fact, you just like to troll. Well played I must say, but still /fail.

Blocking off +/-50% of the battlestation is NOT an acceptable compromise to fix a pet pathing issue.

Since when did praising Funcom for every thing they do regardless of reality fix anything?

Negative feedback gets things fixed.

However, when it is broken because FC did something completely stupid (such as credit selling or removing half of the BS), then I take that as an offensive action against me and I am not the kind of person who just sits quietly while getting slapped in the face.

I don't mind at all to provide positive feedback, but FC hasn't given a reason for me to do so lately.
    Again, your post is a pretty good example of hateboy trolling. It's cool to see that you're embracing trolldom and not at all afraid to be hypocritical in your postings. I see great things in your future!

You need to get a few things straight though, the players made me professional, not Funcom's developers
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

No, there is a difference between negative feedback and just being negative. If the changes are bad, then let's hear your argument for why.
    Basing an argument on anything would make him a fanboy though, hateboys hate being mistaken for fanboys. But who would play a game for as long as he has if he's not a fanboy though? Anyone else would've quit this game after the first week.
    The Red Brotherhood

No, there is a difference between negative feedback and just being negative. If the changes are bad, then let's hear your argument for why.

And actually, it's a damn good compromise to fixing pet pathing, considering that those areas are little used, do little to enhance BS gameplay and are widely abused, especially in the favour of non-pet professions. Stating otherwise without reason is nonsense.

@ LAWL at FC 'promoting' professionals. Take a breath when ranting. Your brain needs that Oxygen.
    Last edited by Obtena; May 30th, 2011 at 22:18:29.

If the changes are bad, then let's hear your argument for why.
    I have no interest in a debate with stupid people. If Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.

I have a bit of an issue with these changes. It seems like another "band-aid" fix rather than addressing the underlying issues.

If pets get stuck, then fix pet pathing. People have said it's a problem for a long time and there must be lots of documentation and research out there to help "fix" it.

If changing the path itself is really a sensible way of tackling it, okay... but I don't think it's a positive effect on BS.

Duels are meant to be level-playing-field, gentlemanly, sporting fights.

Battlestations are meant to be... battles.

In a battle you should use everything that could be to your advantage including terrain features.

Yes it's frustrating if you run into a room and get blasted by a well-postitioned APT. But that's because it was just that: well positioned. In decon you have the chance to come straight back and alter your own tactics to the situation.

Yes it's damn annoying if someone abuses pathing problems to avoid your pet, but then the pathing problems should be fixed rather than the path itself. Wouldn't it be so much better if you could delay a pet's charge from reaching you by jumping away, but have that delay fractional by... say... the pet's ability to jump as well as you can?

Now it seems to me that BS is being leveled to a flat arena where people can appear anywhere, and so the potential tactical situations are limited.

On another note...

Lektronic, I think you were being a bit over-the-top without making much (coherent?) argument or using much... how to put it... thought in the way of etiquette.

But...

I'm not sure why you both felt the need to jump in there, Mastablasta and Obtena (though did you delete one or two of your posts?), and exacerbate the situation while also suggesting that that was Lektronic's intent. You realise that if there was any trolling going on, intentional or otherwise, you're making worse, right?

I do have to say that neither of you are very good at reacting to what you seem to see as "trolling". And whenever these kind of debates get personal, you are both right in the thick of it. We should probably all calm down about it.

This part particularly made me chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It's cool to see that you're embracing trolldom and not at all afraid to be hypocritical in your postings. I see great things in your future!
    Maybe you haven't noticed and most likely you're not going to listen to me now, but it seems to me that nearly every thread you post in, Mastablasta, someone points this irony out to you.
    Last edited by Redesine; May 30th, 2011 at 23:20:27.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Spoken like a true fanboy. Everyone plays on the battlestations already. It does not take a genius to figure out what closing off 50% of the battlestation does.
    I have yet to see any arguments from you as to why closing off dead areas of BS is a bad thing. But I have seen many personal attacks.
    If you check my post history, you will quickly discover I'm not a fangirl. I do however try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, where many seem to be looking for a punching bag to unleash their daily stress.

Can you please provide any arguments for why the BS changes are bad, in a civil manner?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The changes are a tacit admission that BS no longer draws enough players to support both a fight over the control points and smaller skirmishes elsewhere.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

If Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.
    If I was a betting man, I would put money on that not happening.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on that not happening.
    Probably too busy sending out resumes or something.
    Now, one of the reasons we’ve spent the last month arguing about the debt ceiling is that half of the "teabag" Congress signed a vow to never raise taxes. Someone just handed them something and it wasn’t a gun, a crucifix or a fetus — so they signed it. Why? "Because we’re rugged individuals who love freedom. Now excuse us while we sign this document swearing to do as we’re told." --Bill Maher

I have no interest in a debate with stupid people. If Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.
    Sorry to say it, but you are just sad. You go on a rampage here with negative stuff that isnt even critice. And then you canät say why... Please go to bed...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

If Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.
    I'm sorry, who are you again?
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast