Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 20th, 2011: No to Spawn Camping

muuuu
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    2. Large empty areas of the Battlestations are going to be made inaccessible. The blank areas between teleporters at core and wings are going to be blocked off. Before these areas were necessary for Mech transport but with the removal of the steps around teleporters are no longer necessary.
    So there will be less space to pick up your fights, pull opponents, rest between fights, use range to your advantage, ... It removes an important tactical aspect from BS (TL7 point of view here).

Is there any real reason to remove those parts, by the way ? If people find them too big, with planned points #1 and #3, they don't have to go there any more so it should not matter for them if the zone still exist. Then why prevent who want to from going there ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    So there will be less space to pick up your fights, pull opponents, rest between fights, use range to your advantage, ... It removes an important tactical aspect from BS (TL7 point of view here).

Is there any real reason to remove those parts, by the way ? If people find them too big, with planned points #1 and #3, they don't have to go there any more so it should not matter for them if the zone still exist. Then why prevent who want to from going there ?
    Is the massive walkway up to the top of core/mid necessary? Are the long hallways which, when combined, are larger than the typical play areas you find players 99% of the time actually a good thing?

I think you are just complaining about something for the sake of complaining without making an earnest grievance. The battlestations are about pvp, not hiding, healing, or afking for a while in a safe place no one uses except people trying to avoid pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    ok, this is what you meant to say.........

2-151-200 BS range is now 151-199 (we realized finally how OP the 200's are and we apologize for mistake)
    The 199/29/63 toons will still destroy you. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Yeah those 199/29/63 toons are all fair and balanced, right? :P
    yes actually.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

So there will be less space to pick up your fights, pull opponents, rest between fights, use range to your advantage, ... It makes teaming almost necessary to survive now in BS.
    fixed that for ya.

-----------------------------

yeah, this is a change to BS that many players have been anticipating for a loooong time coming. glad to see its happening finally. now we just need different maps and life in BS should pick up handsomely.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

nooooo... but how will i farm easy solokills off greens if they actually get a choice as to where to spawn?!

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    nooooo... but how will i farm easy solokills off greens if they actually get a choice as to where to spawn?!
    L2triplelog

Quote Originally Posted by Frubaliscious View Post
    ADDENDUM:

3-all charactors beginning with the letter G are now the coolest, and we're putting them in charge.
    Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The battlestations are about pvp, not hiding, healing, or afking for a while in a safe place no one uses except people trying to avoid pvp.
    Why do all the players not spawn at the same time in the same confined room then ? That would be PvP, wouldn't it ? And get rid of those points to cap, since capping a point is not PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    fixed that for ya.
    Teaming does not change what I said. Not all teams are equal. So you might want to pick up your fights too. And have some room to use whatever professions you have in your team to the best of their capacities.

Aaah, let me guess, it's to make RI'ing almost necessary to survive now in BS ? So, why not make everyone spawn at the same time in the same confined room ?
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

These changes are very interesting.
    It would be nice if you could make these teleporters take the following into consideration as well:
    1: Spawn at any wing (A/B/C) which your side controls (but not middle)
    2: When someone's capping a point, block spawning for any side in that wing

Also.. Please make sure you allow enough time to let people regroup before they're force-spawned.

PS: I'm glad to see people "whine" over the missing results of the whine contest!

Edit:

And get rid of those points to cap, since capping a point is not PvP.
    Controlling the area long enough to cap the point either involves PvP, or the complete absence of opponents. It's up to the defending players, really.. just like towers.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 20th, 2011 at 16:12:01.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well, I've seen people use the dead space between the points to hide and avoid fighting so their blockage would be nice in my opinion, even though I enjoyed killing people standing around in there.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

*thumbs up*

I like BS being technically made smaller by removing / blocking of some area, it means people can't run in one direction forever and slowly get away from me.

I hope the changes to the ramp / core are as effective as the teleport steps ..coz if they are I'm sooooooooooo gonna wet myself.

Big'up to fixing the spawning.
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

What about "no more 4-capping"?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    What about "no more 4-capping"?
    the side that caps the 4th point should force core to turn neutral making it impossible for anyone to ever have 4 points capped at once, and if core is the 4th point capped the opponents spawn caps automatically in your enemies favour. adds a little tactical fun to the mix imo.
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐

4capping is often a result of spawn camping. I think the suggested changes will mitigate that problem.. And, IMO, they should see how that turns out before they try to implement something which makes total domination a disadvantage.

Maybe they should make all the points go neutral after being capped for two minutes, and drop the increased speed on 4cap?
    This would make you have to maintain good enough precence in all wings to defend the point AND to cap it when the timer expires.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    Any plans on merging RK1 BS with RK2´s? ;P Cause atleast i feel RK2´s BS stations is rather dead(ish) most of the time.. kinda boring for us
    Rk2 have active notum wars. I think it's just or active NW, or active BS.
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    2. Large empty areas of the Battlestations are going to be made inaccessible. The blank areas between teleporters at core and wings are going to be blocked off. Before these areas were necessary for Mech transport but with the removal of the steps around teleporters are no longer necessary.
    I love the change of adding the teleport maps, much needed and much appreciated.

I'm curious about this one though, what's the rationale behind it? On my lowbie enforcer, sometimes my only chance at living through an encounter is running away from it, and I've often used those passages to add some variety in my running to escape pursuers. If those are gone, it's pretty predictable which way your opponent went.

Now just stop people abusing teleporters and we're all good!

And winners should get cake.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    I love the change of adding the teleport maps, much needed and much appreciated.

I'm curious about this one though, what's the rationale behind it?
    1 of the devs logged into the game and got spawn camped DERRRR!, the only reason anything ever changes in AO ^^ hi Kintaii !

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast