Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Notum Dovvetech GUI 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    And then there are a lot of "hardcoded" parts which are not even based on the size of the textures, so those could not be changed even then.
    I briefly looked at this back in the day. And you're absolutely correct on this.
    We did a small investigation to what it would take to make GUI modding more dynamic, allow scaling and well.. get rid of hardcodedness in general.
    But fortunately, the GUI is a surprisingly large monster that would have taken too much time to untangle and fix all hardcoded assumptions.

We even experimented with using Awesomium for new GUI elements, but the performance just wasn't there.
    If only CoherentUI came around a few years earlier.

If a single element is holding you back on something though, you can always try poking Michi. He might be able to wiggle loose a few minutes from one of the coders.
    Last edited by Vhab; Jul 20th, 2015 at 08:57:14.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Besides size constraints ofc, in my book the biggest hurdle for further improvements, is using sole green as the "transparency-channel". It would be great if AO supported / changed to real (alpha-channel) transparency, i.e. 24 bit PNG.

I'd volunteer to convert the default GUI to this format if the help is needed / wanted.
    Last edited by Misat0; Jul 20th, 2015 at 21:50:59.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    Besides size constraints ofc, in my book the biggest hurdle for further improvements, is using sole green as the "transparency-channel". It would be great if AO supported / changed to real (alpha-channel) transparency, i.e. 24 bit PNG.

I'd volunteer to convert the default GUI to this format if the help is needed / wanted.
    I briefly eyeballed that as well. With the way GUI elements are ordered and rendered, that's not going to happen without some significant refactoring.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

You can somewhat tell already from how different windows behave when overlapped and are partially transparent.
    The window behind can't be seen through the window on top. Instead you just see the game world instead.
    Last edited by Vhab; Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:04:38.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I was afraid that this would not be an easy one. :/

But anyway, thanks for these informations!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Most of the problems people are having with 18.8 and the GUI can be solved by deleting the ndGUI folder;then re-downloading the core, the theme and the patch file and unzipping them into the folder that contained ndGUI in the same sequence.

So open the correct GUI folder by clicking the skins button, delete what's in there, then place the downloaded zip files into this folder right click each one selecting the "unzip to ndGUI" option in this sequence.
    1.CORE
    2.THEME
    3.PATCH
    Retype ndGUI !CASE SENSITIVE! into the "skin" entry bar and done.

Perhaps I'll make another video haha.
    Hi Caloss, thanks for all the work you do on AO, certainly helped me a lot recently. I am using the new engine and have sorted the ndGUI with your instructions so all working fine, one issue i have had is that the brightness is too much, is there any way to adjust Brightness, gamma, contrast etc as there is on default skin? I am using same skin as you use.

Thanks,
    ----------------------------------
    Masirxu - lvl 200 Soldier
    Stormkeep - lvl 107 Keeper
    Stormfix - lvl 102 Fixer
    NicStorm - lvl 134 Advy
    Stormforcer - lvl 131 enforcer
    DrThunder - lvl 121 Doctor
    Stormeta - lvl 121 MP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicstorm View Post
    Hi Caloss, thanks for all the work you do on AO, certainly helped me a lot recently. I am using the new engine and have sorted the ndGUI with your instructions so all working fine, one issue i have had is that the brightness is too much, is there any way to adjust Brightness, gamma, contrast etc as there is on default skin? I am using same skin as you use.

Thanks,
    Well if you did what I've written in the post you're quoting, it should be displaying a brightness/contrast/gamma sliders and everything else relating to the new engine; under "video settings" see here.
    https://youtu.be/8Ef1NNWkjJ4?t=1h10m59s

Did you delete everything in that folder before unzipping the re-downloaded files?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Hi,

I have checked your run through and the video settings boxes are different, I didnt delete anything and everything seems to be there, so not sure will try redoing the skin again.

Just a thought when i locate the Funcom file in user string, to find the GUI file I click on the file named Anarch Online, then the particular saved game (mix of letters and numbers), the Anarchy online file again then GUi then ndGUI then once this opens it has all the files within it? Does that match the steps you would take?

Thanks
    Last edited by Nicstorm; Jul 26th, 2015 at 19:17:16.
    ----------------------------------
    Masirxu - lvl 200 Soldier
    Stormkeep - lvl 107 Keeper
    Stormfix - lvl 102 Fixer
    NicStorm - lvl 134 Advy
    Stormforcer - lvl 131 enforcer
    DrThunder - lvl 121 Doctor
    Stormeta - lvl 121 MP

Quote Originally Posted by Nicstorm View Post
    Hi,

I have checked your run through and the video settings boxes are different, I didnt delete anything and everything seems to be there, so not sure will try redoing the skin again.

Just a thought when i locate the Funcom file in user string, to find the GUI file I click on the file named Anarch Online, then the particular saved game (mix of letters and numbers), the Anarchy online file again then GUi then ndGUI then once this opens it has all the files within it? Does that match the steps you would take?

Thanks
    TO be sure you have the correct folder location, use the settings button from launcher, then GUI Tab, the button next to Skins it will open the files the game will be looking at. It will be something like "C:/Users/YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME/AppData/Local/Funcom/Anarchy Online/cf678w3s random hex 345d5g/Anarchy Online/Gui/
    This folder opens when you click the button, place the ndgui files in here. This should be the files the game uses once you type "ndGUI" -CASE SENSITIVE- into the top input bar on the settings/GUI tab. And press save.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Exclamation ndGUI site URL change

Due to technical changes on the host provided by Novagen, the URL of the ndGUI site has changed from http://ndgui.rubi-ka.net to https://rubi-ka.net/ndgui/. While the previous URL will also redirect to the new address, it's still a good idea to update your bookmark to access the site directly.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Due to technical changes on the host provided by Novagen, the URL of the ndGUI site has changed from http://ndgui.rubi-ka.net to https://rubi-ka.net/ndgui/. While the previous URL will also redirect to the new address, it's still a good idea to update your bookmark to access the site directly.
    Than you Honorbound, I've updated the link in my video guide too.

Not a suggestion, more of a question. But is it possible to edit the size of the mouse pointer in this mods GUI files?

It is possible... by unpacking the texture archive, rescaling/redrawing each texture you want to change, then repacking everything into a new archive (and index file) and using that from then on.

You can find related tools and some info in Demoder's Corner (Tools and Stuff) if you want to try it yourself.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."

On it. Thanks- Correction. On it as soon as I find a working AO skin tool link, Google hath failed me.
    Last edited by Kurasaki; Dec 13th, 2015 at 02:40:25.

Demoder's GUI compiler in the thread I linked above is accessible and works, although I can't remember if out of the box, or maybe it has not been updated to produce the "new" archive names the game is using now, so the result may need a bit of additional work.

But I know I did use it to update the archives at some point, and the format and content of the files it generates is ok.

Happen to have the decompiled files laying around by chance? I cant get my hands on anything to decompile them properly to have the img to enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by Kurasaki View Post
    Happen to have the decompiled files laying around by chance? I cant get my hands on anything to decompile them properly to have the img to enlarge
    http://www.phuncom.com/AOU/AOUIv10.rar

This works, used it to alter my gui. Extracts and compiles easily, no need to use the demoder compiler.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    http://www.phuncom.com/AOU/AOUIv10.rar

This works, used it to alter my gui. Extracts and compiles easily, no need to use the demoder compiler.
    Hey now, the compiler isn't that bad
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Not sure if this is still active. But you seem to be missing a lot of settings at least on the beta client. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but here's a small example:

http://i.imgur.com/AgcMi8k.pngvshttp://i.imgur.com/W8uJlRv.png

Edit: The info above is all wrong now. You need to download the Dx9 Patch.
    Suggestion: Rename the dx9 Patch to New Engine Patch.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 18th, 2016 at 06:14:02.

Yea, actually the info about the old vs. new engine version installation can only be found in an old news entry about it, so currently it may be less than obvious how to do it. Sorry about the unintentional confusion.

I'll look into putting the info back somewhere where it's more visible and clearly indicates how to install ndGUI to work with the new client.

Yea, actually the info about the old vs. new engine version installation can only be found in an old news entry about it, so currently it may be less than obvious how to do it. Sorry about the unintentional confusion.

I'll look into putting the info back somewhere where it's more visible and clearly indicates how to install ndGUI to work with the new client.
    Thanks friend.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast