Thread: Careful in Battle vs Deceptive stance

Careful in Battle vs Deceptive stance

The the perklines used to give the same advantages, but DF perkaction gave fixers 90s 1k as opposed to 60s on CiB.

Duration/recharge is now the same, is it intended?

If yes, what's the point in naming two identical perklines differently?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=210566
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=239809

Duration+recharge has always been the same: 80seconds with 10 minute recharge.

The reasoning at SL release was probably twofold:
    1) Indirectly nerfing the OP GA;
    2) Giving the developers the excuse that they did give 1 useful profession specific perkline to fixers.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Why did I remember 90s vs 60s, I have no idea.

Than only the second question remains, why having two identical perklines under diff names?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

They are not identical.
    The CiB line adds the defensive bonus at the perk itself, while Deceptive Stance gives the bonus via a buff granted by a perk action.
    I'm suspecting it's done this way to be able to disallow using it alongside Grid Armor. Meaning... it might not be possible to add such checks on the perks themselves?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

To Use User Defensive Stance 2 not locked and
    User Defensive Stance 2 trained and
    User Cyberdeck not & 4

CiB and Defensive Stance are identical in every way except for the above bolded part (and the name ofcourse):
    The 80% crit resistance and 300 AAD are passive on CiB.

The 80% crit resistance and 300 AAD from Defensive Stance has to be activated by using a perk action. That perk action checks whether you are using grid armor or not. The same grid armor check is made for Deceptive Stance. This made sure that Defensive Stance perks and Grid Armor could never be used at the same time, indirectly nerfing the OP GA4.

Another consequence of this, is that the 80% crit resistance+300 AAD can be cancelled by debuffs (like Program Override, but also at some pve encounters, I've been 1shot critted to death after randomly losing a bunch of buffs), while the passive buffs from CiB always run.

A very annoying thing about losing the Defensive Stance buff, is that you also get no system message. If Dance of Fools or Limber get cancelled, you get a message, but not so with Defensive Stance.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

I think this could be implemented differently: a check on equipping GA, that does not allow you to equip if CiB has been trained. And a check on training CiB that GA is not equipped. Perks are so easy to retrain these days.

While I would much prefer having access to CiB instead of Defensive/Deceptive Stance, I have a secondary alternative suggestion: Make the duration 6 hours. Then we could at least use it as a Shadowweb Spinner timer, which we are sorely missing sometimes.

Might be easier?

Weron.
    Weron: 220/25/70 Neutral Opifex Fixer of Elite Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    in a game like AO, a single character can be everything and nothing at the same time as a way to create a unique class.
    This account was cancelled at:
    2006-12-20 16:12:28
    2007-01-21 21:34:45
    and several more times..

Quote Originally Posted by Weron View Post
    While I would much prefer having access to CiB instead of Defensive/Deceptive Stance, I have a secondary alternative suggestion: Make the duration 6 hours. Then we could at least use it as a Shadowweb Spinner timer, which we are sorely missing sometimes..
    Great idea!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Great idea!
    Yep, that would indeed be a lot better than what we have now.

Or they could just run a 6-hour nano program when you cast SWS... and will overwrite itself each time it's cast.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Also not identical because deceptive stance can be removed from a fixer, while CIB cannot be removed from crat/MA/shade
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)