Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 25th, 2009 - Incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This weeks update was delayed by a significant problem found with the start-up experience in Shadowlands on TestLive that made it impossible to start a new Keeper or Shade.
    Umm... how recent was this? I started a keeper about 3-4 days ago...

While I'm on that topic, the startup quest XP could stand to be ramped up. As it currently is, it's sort of pitiful. Levels 1-10, 2 ai levels and a full set of armor/upgraded weapon takes me about an hour in the ICC shuttleport. An hour into my latest Keeper experience, I was still at level 5 whacking away on Beits
    Last edited by BugsCoT; Sep 27th, 2009 at 03:03:07.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

Ok....

Why not allow keeper's and shade's to be created on RK already? I know there is a nice little bit of RP there, but I think it would be better if they could be allowed to start on noob island at the sacrifice of the "SL profession" aspect.

Also just wondering, what happened to some of the noob island startup nanos like Meatshield lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco View Post
    Trust me ladies... Bigger E-ginas aren't really the preferred ones!
    So I take it as you have a tiny E-penis?

This weeks update was delayed by a significant problem found with the start-up experience in Shadowlands on TestLive that made it impossible to start a new Keeper or Shade. The oversight on the faction required for the Neutral side change forms was unfortunate but not the primary reason for the delay. Thank you to the players who brought these issues to our attention and helped us fix these before they sneaked onto Live.
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    how is that a problem that you can't roll a shade or keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    So I take it as you have a tiny E-penis?
    I don't fink that's exactly what he meant. I'd say it's more like this...

It's no good that you'd need an e-peen the size of an AIRCRAFT CARRIER for the woman to feel anything!!!!
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    I don't fink that's exactly what he meant. I'd say it's more like this...

It's no good that you'd need an e-peen the size of an AIRCRAFT CARRIER for the woman to feel anything!!!!
    The problem is, people totally missed the e-peen point and what it stands for.

"ecouraging them to become full members of the AO world"

I'm a bit curious what all that bit there entails.
    -Bugs
    Test Dimension

Problems with "patch not found" error while trying to get on Testlive?
    See Technogen's "Halp, I can't patch to test!" Fix

I think the SL startup zone is awesome, it looks great, its large with lots to kill, gets ppl prepared for the heck grind , but do agree that the xp in that zone needs to be improved. SL is about high xp and the startup zone takes 2 - 3 times longer to gain levels then the newbie island
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    I think the SL startup zone is awesome, it looks great, its large with lots to kill, gets ppl prepared for the heck grind , but do agree that the xp in that zone needs to be improved. SL is about high xp and the startup zone takes 2 - 3 times longer to gain levels then the newbie island
    And you have no source of AXP there.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    And you have no source of AXP there.
    The Jobe Training facility was designed to be a controlled experiment, storyline wise. After all these years I do believe they would have conclusive data.

I think it would be best to retire the Shuttle Port and the Jobe BioSphere. Put them on Inactive yet Accessible duty just like the Original Backyard Training areas.

Launch a new Tutorial as part of the New Player Experience for players where every profession can start and have access to Armor, Weapons, Utility Equipment as well as AXP.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    The Jobe Training facility was designed to be a controlled experiment, storyline wise. After all these years I do believe they would have conclusive data.
    And they still keep gasping like idiots at that item you bring to them at the end of the stupid experiments. It's been known for years thanks to all the quests that there was indeed a great civilization out there in the Shadowlands until stuff happened.

SOMEONE FORGOT TO TELL THESE GUYS ABOUT IT I GUESS
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

I think it would be best to retire the Shuttle Port and the Jobe BioSphere. Put them on Inactive yet Accessible duty just like the Original Backyard Training areas.

Launch a new Tutorial as part of the New Player Experience for players where every profession can start and have access to Armor, Weapons, Utility Equipment as well as AXP.

This

Bump!
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Duck hat please, and more llamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Duck hat please, and more llamas.
    Ducks! We definitely need more ducks!

(I'm not so sure about the llamas... )

/Zav

Yes. It would be great to have a new startup area and add a tutorial questline that possibly leads you at some point from RK to SL. I think I get asked how to get to/"use" Shadowlands/Jobe by new paid players more than anything else. As for the rest of us, it would be great to pop out of the startup area really quick, grab some imps/med suit etc. run back in and get to leveling, like the old backyards.

I think the major success of starting in the backyards was #1, you were close to everything (shops, etc.) and #2 there are many separate backyards, not just 1 with multiple GS's. So something based on that model would be preferable imo, if you can include axp gain somewhere, and for shade/keeper too.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Costumes (OMG Catgurlz?)
    Yay, Catgirls!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

When will the new engine be ready?

I love the game but can't stand the graphics. I'm definitely not alone in this. However I'm probably the only one still paying for the game who feels this. Put that engine in, you'll have a ton more subscribers. A TON. A metric crapton if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wurble View Post
    When will the new engine be ready?

I love the game but can't stand the graphics. I'm definitely not alone in this. However I'm probably the only one still paying for the game who feels this. Put that engine in, you'll have a ton more subscribers. A TON. A metric crapton if you will.
    If you're expecting everything to look 100 times better when the engine is stuck in I do believe you'll find yourself quite disappointed. At first all they were going to do was stick in a new engine and then maybe add some new effects. So aside from old effects looking better and new ones being added everything else would look as it does now. Now they're improving the player character models some and adding new trees (maybe some shrubberies too) but still a lot will not be changed.

It was just to be an engine change so newer graphics cards could be of more use in the operation of the game. It's a little more than that now but it's still not a full out graphics update. So if you're expecting AO to look like Aoin after that update, then you're in for a rude awakening once that's patched in.

Uncle Pumpkinhead Phears Us!!!!

Stop hiding and come out to play! so i can carve up your head (again)

Funcom is dropping 20% of its emplyees. The majority of them are supposedly at the Oslo office. What effect will this have on AO and the dev-team?

pardon if it has been asked elsewhere.
    Tokrika - advisor of First Light

Ceterum censeo Omni-tek esse delendam

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast