Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 24th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ... and Ranged Advies are not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    As far as our JEPP / fullauto problems are concerned it's really not difficult to fix/start fixing (and we're long overdue for a fix IMO). A new FA pistol is easy enough to add (JEPP upgrade or a new, "similar but slightly better" FA pistol) and we just need some fullauto support + extra AAO (via buffs + research) to make our FA more reliable. Our perks however will need more consideration...
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

The neutral question is solved as far as i am concerned

You dont want in the fight you dont get the benefits for being in the fight.

You want a three way war? Prove you arent omni's bitch.

I am more concerned with class fixes than 'neutrals'.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    So like... Neutrals? The weeks are going by and we're continuing to get "brushed under the rug."
    How about be patient? I think fixing the issues with LoX and resolving the server/network issues, things that affect -everyone-, rank well above Neutrals, Ranged Advies and Blunt Enforcers. Hell they rank above everything, seeing as they affect the very base of operation of AO.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Neutrals, Blunt Enforcers, and Ranged Advies are not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    You know what could be fixed in a quick band-aid like fashion?

...Risan
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm518 View Post
    The neutral question is solved as far as i am concerned

You dont want in the fight you dont get the benefits for being in the fight.

You want a three way war? Prove you arent omni's bitch.

I am more concerned with class fixes than 'neutrals'.
    i want to know how these un-neutral neutrals want to address the storyline. its rather difficult to just say "all the neutrals decided they didnt want to be neutral anymore, and wanted to fight both ommer and clans". they'd have to be changed to "mercenary" faction or something. but then what to do with "neutral" and new arrivals to rk. do they remain neutral, or will they default to mercenary?

how they want their inability to make a choice, will cause massive issues with the AO storyline (ontop of the ones that already mess it up just to appease a bunch of whining un-neutral neutrals). and cause tons of item and coding issues.

all cause they're too afraid to click on a clan or ommer application form..

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

XXXX, Blunt Enforcers, and XXXXXare not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    So does that mean, there hasn't been any discussion at all? not even a cocktail napkin with some ideas?
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Means, you should find a use for the old servers too. I'm thinking up some things and i'll make a post, cant be too intensive though since the current network kinda blows. so...
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

More patches beats more bugs.

Yay to new ISP & hardware in the near future.... Hopefully it will make AO feel more 'smooth'... and *crosses fingers* I really hope this will fix some of those nasty lag spikes.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Means, you should find a use for the old servers too. I'm thinking up some things and i'll make a post, cant be too intensive though since the current network kinda blows. so...
    Classic server!
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

TestLive is now running at the IPSoft hosting center.
    Does this mean I'll be able to run a traceroute without seeing the word "savvis" and a bunch of asterisks?

Because that's the main source of the "lag."

Neutrals, Blunt Enforcers, and Ranged Advies are not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    Maybe they can stay on the unused hardware and have "GimpWars(tm)"

Nice work on the hardware front.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Does this mean I'll be able to run a traceroute without seeing the word "savvis" and a bunch of asterisks?
    Tracing route to cm2.dt.funcom.com [208.82.194.11]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

15 143 ms 143 ms 142 ms IPSOFT-INC.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.79.190.126]
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 148 ms 148 ms 148 ms ae-22-52.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.68.99.38]
    18 147 ms 148 ms 148 ms IPSOFT-INC.car2.Newark1.Level3.ne [4.79.190.126]
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post

Because that's the main source of the "lag."
    It does mean that.

However, a provider blocking ICMP packets, isn't a reason for lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Tracing route to cm2.dt.funcom.com [208.82.194.11]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

15 143 ms 143 ms 142 ms IPSOFT-INC.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.79.190.126]
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    17 148 ms 148 ms 148 ms ae-22-52.car2.Newark1.Level3.net [4.68.99.38]
    18 147 ms 148 ms 148 ms IPSOFT-INC.car2.Newark1.Level3.ne [4.79.190.126]
    19 * * * Request timed out.
    20 * * * Request timed out.
    21 * * * Request timed out.
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * * * Request timed out.
    24 * * * Request timed out.
    25 * * * Request timed out.
    26 * * * Request timed out.
    27 * * * Request timed out.
    28 * * * Request timed out.
    29 * * * Request timed out.
    30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
    See above. That's someone blocking ICMP. Thank people that used to ICMP flood network nodes/servers.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    See above. That's someone blocking ICMP. Thank people that used to ICMP flood network nodes/servers.
    Spoilsport

What on earth is ICMP anyway? I can't be arsed to jfgi.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    What on earth is ICMP anyway? I can't be arsed to jfgi.
    Internet Control Message Protocol.

Used for Pings and Traceroutes.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

We have an ongoing financial commitment to our current provider for some time to come...so our current servers will be sitting and doing nothing shortly...and being paid for.
    FC needs better lawyers, or at least should read the fine print.

Good for AO though.

3 Problems there means and i have 3 short and simple solutions for everyone.

1. Neutrals - Pick a side
    2. Blunt Enforcers - Use 2HE
    3. Ranged Advies - Just don't roll one

Big thumbs up on the new servers <3...small idea for the old servers....sell the time on them to another company for more than you are paying for them then sink the profits from that into advertising the new engine for AO.
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

We have an ongoing financial commitment to our current provider for some time to come...so our current servers will be sitting and doing nothing shortly...and being paid for.

The first is.. lol yeah I know how much of a pain it can be (contracts). We had to rush hard and fast to get our fiber loop put in place before our AT&T T1 and DS3 contracts renewed. It was down to 1 day wire when we got all of it in place. Yeesh. I hate those silly contracts but its how the game is played. I hope that it isnt too much of a burden to FC, I know ours would have been. 60 T-1s and 10 DS3s costs a fortune.

As for the second part, Means truly consider that breaking cookie cutterdom should be a priority. Starting with 2hb/1hb/ranged advies (who happen to be pretty good PVM wise) is a good start but be serious about it. Ever since the introduction of Perks the game has been squewed ballance wise as far as equipment and perk configs. Show us you understand how that has been a negative impact on the game over the long haul and that seeking a reballance shows you see the mistakes of hte past and desire greatly to correct them. Esp the ones that have seemed set in stone by the player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeeeeek View Post
    and everyone knows solsdiers dont think they just cast ams then roll face in keyboard for maximum efficiency
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    I would have loved to see 18.0 finish up faster...but some "interesting" ways of playing the game were discovered that slowed the process slightly...in the same way as the pope is slightly Catholic.

I dont know much about neut or range advies, but I am familiar with 1hb problems for enfos. You CAN fix 1hb line with a band aid type fix! Just drop the stun req on devastating blow and lower the recharge of bring the pain. That's all you need to do. It wouldnt make them OP as 1hb perk damage would still be less than 2he.

For 2hb just copy the 2he perk template and I am sure the 2hb enfos would be happy (both of them). Also wouldnt be OP unless you consider 2he enfos to be OP. The xan 2hb does do a little more max damage than pride but the buffs on pride are better so it is a wash imo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast