Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: /pet attack

I've now seen the problem at cama, an oval room, no line of sight issues there. killing some of the adds, pets get into the described toggling mode. Both pets reply attacking, but only one moves to the target and attacks, attack macro again either leaves them doing the same, or switches them. At times I hit the macro up to 3 times, and dog kept attacking, while widowmaker stood by me, both replying attacking, then on 4th try, dog came back, and widowmaker attacked. At this point each time macro is hit, pets switch places.

Quote Originally Posted by ragerayden View Post
    How come I have problems in RK dungeons(totw) & RK outdoors(bothackers)& just everywhere else,.... not enough testing there.
    Simply put, "I" see the problem only in SL areas. I've been in IS, had no problems there. That's not saying that someone else doesn't have problems there. But if everyone puts exactly where 'they' have the problems, then perhaps FC can find where the bug rests. Example: Computer User A has issues with Pets only in SL. Computer User B has issues only in RK, and Computer User C has issues only in APFs/LE. Perhaps there's something the Operating Systems are incorrectly reading from the Engine that causes this bug. (That's not my idea at all, it's just a 'example' of why we need to put who has problems in what area, and not in others).

went to inf mission
    this is TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE :x
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

I have done more testing, I d like other to do the same test :

got my bot and 1 or 2 charmed mob :

/pet attack target : all pets attack target .

then :
    if mob agro is on me or charmed pet (or team mate):
    /pet attack target : charmed pet(s) continue to attack target , and bot comes back to me and wait

if mob agro is on bot :
    /pet attack target : all pets continue to attack target

Got this on several places, on RK outside, RK mish, AI ship, SL statics, SL outside, SL mish
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

In a 'perfect' situation we would only need to put in /pet attack 1 time per mob. FC: the problem is when we have to re-command a pet that is already executing a command. Mostly it seems to be area specific for certain people, but from what I've seen, 'all' can agree that Inferno seems to be one of the biggest places this problem happens.

For MP pets, (or at least mine) here's how this works FC:
    my Macro's for pets consist of 3 different macro's.
    Button 1 = /pet Riwhen Yidira attack
    Button 2 = /pet Yidira attack (for when you want Mezz on add)
    Button 3 = /pet Morti heal

I go into Inferno Mission room and see Mobs A, B, and C. Target self and Press "3", then target mob A and press Q. Target B and press "1" while casting a couple quick Debuffs, Target C and press "2". After pressing "2" Yidira returns to me and waits. I press "2" again and Yidira goes out for the attack. Rihwen has mob B nearly dead so I stop Q on mob A and target mob B and press Q. I then target mob A and press "1". Both Rihwen and Yidira come to me and wait. I then press "1" again and Rihwen and Yidira attack mob A. Mob B dies, and I target mob C and press Q, and "2". Yidira then comes back to me and waits again. I press "2" again and Yidira attacks mob C. Once mob A dies I again press "1" and Rihwen begins attacking mob C while Yidira stops attacking, returns to me and waits until I press "2" again. At this time I target Rihwen and press "3" and Morti begins to 'follow'. I repress "3" and Morti begins healing Rihwen. Mob C dies.

I've never had to push all the buttons a 2nd time like that, which is why I have both pets on 1 macro; I can easily redirect 1 pet to another mob by pressing "2" only once. (which now is not working correctly).
    This problem I only have in Inferno and Inferno Missions (Read above posts people before you cry like babies that I haven't tested this because as I said "I" only have the problem in Inf.)

Been happening alot today on my crat. Happened at ely hecks and at tinker tower. Only affected the bot tho, my charm would still be attacking while bot came back to me.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Happens to me inside SL Catacombs as well, and it also happens to me when I do not spam the /attack macro but press it twice with some considerable time delay in between.

Inferno missions have taken on a whole new level of pain for pet profs, a feat I hadn't thought possible until now

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Happened to me at the Informant quest location in EFP with Rihwen, in my case i did /pet attack once and he would just attack, were i to give him the command again hed stop attacking.
    Anoying bug for sure but another click on the macro makes him attack again, as if its an on and off switch

Had a few occasions in Arid Rift where Rihwen and Yidira would break /follow command and aggro onto the regen conduits because of it casting a heal.
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

This fixed yet?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

nope, spamming attack button can put your pet on /follow, some charms still don't follow your orders to switch target......

Been noticing this in RK missions too.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

I would post SHIFT+F9 info, but it's pointless considering how many areas (if not all) this problem occurs on my engineer.

Senario:
    2 Mobs standing relatively close to each other, and have social agro.

/pet attack (mob 1)
    Pets: attacking.
    Attacked by Mob 2!
    /pet attack (mob 2 [to force the agro on pets rather me])
    Pets: attacking. (dog attacks, widow /follow)
    /pet attack (mob 2 again)
    Pets: attacking (now Widow attacks, and dog /follow)

I had to macro a script to /pet follow \n /pet attack to resolve the issue.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

This has still not been fixed on test live as of last patch, have no fear im going to poke someone about it some more.

As a bonus, has anyone noticed an issue with pets refusing to attack the beast unless standing either close to or directly underneath him?

someone mentioned it today at the ark expo and i tried to reproduce it both in a lag free environment and like This but couldnt, any more details anyone else can supply woud help.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    has anyone noticed an issue with pets refusing to attack the beast unless standing either close to or directly underneath him?
    well this ALWAYS happened as far as I could remember. I just assumed 'working as intended'
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post

As a bonus, has anyone noticed an issue with pets refusing to attack the beast unless standing either close to or directly underneath him?
    try to send pets to attack beast from anything near max ranged weapons range, they stop in place, attempting to attack, but apparently not able to find a path to beast, have to put them on follow, and go up almost to the raised area the beast is on(definately in range of the nukes he does sometimes), and send them from there.

Yes it's been happening for quite a while. May not be directly related to the recent issues... Now that I think about it, the state they are in just standing there looking at beast might be somehow similar to the apparent "follow" state they are going into when you send them to attack something and get the toggle effect. So maybe examining what's happening at beast could lead to a resolution to the "attack" bug

Well i have not been able to reproduce it at all, i have sent pets (engie only at this time) at the beast from every possible angle and distance and my pets have had no problems getting to him at all, we created a lagtastic environment and tried it then, but still pets made it to beast with no issues.

I will keep digging
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Question

I don't know if it has something to do with the original problem but my crat pets do the following:
    Imagine:
    1) My pets on behind
    2) Mob spotted
    3) I press my attack macro (/pet attack) to let my fellows attack that mob
    4) My pets attack the mob
    5) I again press my attack macro

Result:
    Charm still attacks the mob and my robo runs back to me.

Conclusion:
    Everytime I press my attack macro my charmed pet keeps attack the target but my robo acts like a weapon, e.g. you press Q and start shooting and you press Q again to stop shooting.

hth

yeah this seems to be an issue with pets poppwed from a shell, on an engie who has two robotic attack pets the chicken and dog get in to a patern of one attacks and the other waits, back and forth with every press of the macro, its realy bloody annoying.

Be assured im going to stamp my feet and have a tantrum untill its fixed.

Just as soon as anyone can figure out "why".
    I was "party A"

Random shot: Maybe some new "anti-spamming-of-commands"-measure vs how the /pet attack command works when you have multiple pets?

I get this issue with CEO Guardian & Carlo.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast