Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Damage Dumper substitute

Found it, thankyou. Having alot of fun with your program.

My Home on the Web KittySafe Ntwrk
    Quote of the Month: "The day I feel sorry for someone who gets paid for browsing an internet forum is the day I peel off all my skin, make a canoe and set sail for Saturn." Alienchild

This program is getting better and better.
    Today I tested a bit with team damage stats. It is great to use for balancing dmg like at faction raids between teams.

Got the following suggestions:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now in detailed mode it shows team damage as this:
    1. Team Jadebabe : 1668946 hp ( Pets 100% )
    2. Team Carjoy : 1586845 hp ( Pets 100% )
    3. Team Thetza : 1328266 hp ( Pets 100% )
    4. Team Delerium : 1071023 hp ( Pets 100% )

Could you remove the (pets 100% ) part, since it's kinda useless?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also there is a problem with creating teams. If I create a team with the same name as a player, it overwrites the player. Is it maybe possible to have a team and a player of the same name listed seperately?

In the above sample I first named my team "Jadebabe", but that would result in the damage of Jadebabe no longer being counted, so I had to name the team "Team Jadebabe".

Furthermore I agree with the above post asking for ingame commands. Best way I see it, is to have your program listen for certain text strings, like:
    Dyna2 whispers DD:addplayer "Leetdude"

If you make sure the program only listens to the same player name that has been entered in the config (dyna2 in this case) others can't control this.

Suggested functions are:
    Dyna2 whispers DD:addplayer "Leetdude"
    Dyna2 whispers DD:resetall
    Dyna2 whispers DD:deleteall
    Dyna2 whispers DD: pause
    Dyna2 whispers DD:suspend
    Dyna2 whispers DD:autoadd players
    Dyna2 whispers DD:autoadd npc
    Dyna2 whispers DD:alwaysontop

Another thing I love to see, is more output scripts, so I can output differnt stats, without having to change the config of the program.

I would love to see the following scripts getting constantly available:
    /ddteam (lists detailed dmg of teams)
    /dd (list short dmg of players)
    /dddet (lists detailed dmg of players)

Furthermore I would love it if this program remembers it's current position and window size. Also very handy could be if the program could be made transparent (in combination with always on top, this could make a new window for AO )

And last suggestion is not really important, but maybe it's nice to have some color used in the dmg stats of the program itself?

Hope I'm not asking for too much, just giving suggestions for improvement.
    Keep up the good work, your program rocks.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer († 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Oh just remembered one more thing.

In SL there are a lot of mobs named like Cur-Baat, Jen-Lar, etc.
    They get added to the damage stats if I use the 'add players' function.

Maybe have mobs with a single name but with a '-' in the name only added under 'add npc's', not under players.
    (because a player can't have a '-' in his name).
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Meh, way too many good ideas there :p

I'll see about including them... in the meantime, a quick fix for the '-' character giving away the SL mobs, and a bit of new functionality thrown in:

* Added ability to copy statistics from tree pane on the Clipboard.

(from right-click menu on the player's name, and from the Edit menu)

After jsut done 2 more sucessful faction raid's, here's another suggestion.

Have it made possible that we can rename teams, players and pets, instead of having to recreate them by hand if their name changes.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Sadly, the 'Clear' ingame button to wipe the log.txt doesnt work =/
    I have to manually delete the file after quitting AO.
    I dunno why

Is there someone with the same issue ?
    If you know the reason, please tell me.
    This file is not in read only or something like that.
    I cant even delete it if the game is running.

--------------

The ingame script to display the aoparser report is not updated when i click OK (in the customize panel) or if i do a pause like you said in a previous post. If i decide to enable 'Damage Breakdown', the display is updated inside aoparser, but my script still display the same report. I still need to have a new line of damage written in the log for aoparser to change the report style.

--------------

Can you force aoparser to add the new "Team" at the top of the tree instead of the bottom ? While i have this issue with my inability to delete the log, i have a long list easily and it's long to drag and drop players at the end of the tree, on the new team entry. Thanks.
    RK1: Docgalaad 215 Doctor - Freelance Bug Hunter
    Nah ! I'm not fat ! I just have got a big nano pool !
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Found a small bug.
    When using rage, I get hit by nano dmg from myself. Instead of having this dmg added to myself ('you') or ignored, it created a new player named 'dyna2' and adds the dmg to him

You were attacked with nanobots from Dyna2 for 38 points of fire damage.

My name in the config file is also dyna2 though, so it should know this dmg is from me

Omni-Tek is your friend!

"Found a small bug.
    When using rage, I get hit by nano dmg from myself. Instead of having this dmg added to myself ('you') or ignored, it created a new player named 'dyna2' and adds the dmg to him"

Aye, found it too when i was recently using the cloaking device =) Fixed it, now as long as the name matches the one of the player, the damage should be attributed to 'you'

Fixed also the damage breakdown with teams, now it should show what percentage of total team damage was done by each player. (figured it's more handy than just removing it altogether ;p

Update:

* Added ability to rename players/pets/teams.
    * Added ability to command the parser from the in-game chat.

(add the channel which should be monitored for commands to the window which logs the combat messages, and enable option in the Tools menu. The commands will be accepted if they come from person with the name matching the currently active name in Watch Player menu, or the one entered in the Customize... panel of the AO macro.

supported commands:

* dd:addplayer name
    * dd:addteam name
    * dd:rename name new_name (renames the player to new_name)
    * dd:link pet owner (sets the 'pet' as property of the 'owner')
    * dd:unlink pet (sets the pet as independent player)
    * dd:reset name
    * dd:delete name
    * dd:resetall
    * dd:deleteall
    * dd:pause
    * dd:autoadd players
    * dd:autoadd npc
    * dd:include players
    * dd:include members
    * dd:include teams
    * dd:include pets
    * dd:report full
    * dd:report perminute
    * dd:report breakdown
    * dd:macro
    * dd:macro breakdown

(if the menu command has the matching chat command, the syntax is listed on the program's status bar)
    Last edited by Joannah; Jul 2nd, 2004 at 19:07:06.

For those looking to use the most of the added new functionality. I suggest you make a macro like this:

/macro AddPlayer /whisper DD:addplayer %t

Just select a player or pet you want added, then hit the macro. This way you can quickly add your entire team, without having to type all their names.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Joannah: Thanks for adding this, another great change.

Just one note, maybe you should put those commands in a help-file somewhere, because if people don't read this thread, they won't know about what the commands are.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Originally posted by Dyna18
    For those looking to use the most of the added new functionality. I suggest you make a macro like this:

/macro AddPlayer /whisper DD:addplayer %t

Just select a player or pet you want added, then hit the macro. This way you can quickly add your entire team, without having to type all their names.
    Question for everyone here:
    Anyone know of a method to put a line in the log, without that line showing to everyone standing next to you?

You have the /text command in game, but I cna't get that one to show in the log for instance. Anyone got another solution?

Omni-Tek is your friend!

/tell Merung DD:whatevah
    Merung 215-8 Lich (Intermediate)
    Proud Squad Commander of Core

[Core] Merung: Just cuz your profession fell outta the nerf tree and hit every branch on the way down, doesnt mean all should share your fate
    [Core] Shendeo: ./org leave

You can no longer send tells to yourself, it was unfortunately nerfed

Omni-Tek is your friend!

Feature Request

It has become possible to change many of the outputs that AO gives you, including the damage outputs.

Currently I still have my damage outputs in something similar to the default. I didn't like the colors that AO has for some damage lines, so added <font color =""> to the start of some lines. Now, Damage Dumper lists names as:
    <font color="red">Coloss-Or: 827 hp total
    which can be annoying. Would it be possible to either remove the <font> tags, or perhaps read from the ctext.ldb file what the damage output will look like? I know someone will want to change the way the damage appears on the screen, and DD won't be able to undestand what is being shown.
    Commander 'Miggsy' Miggs

Found a few issues with the dd:addplayer name command.

First it only works if written in small letters. Is it possible to have it also react if written like this DD:addplayer ?

Furthermore it doesn't add mobs that consist of more then 1 word, unless the player himself puts " " in the macro he uses. So if he writes 'dd:addplayer Stray Dog', the program will add it as 'Stray'. Any way you can have it include all words by default?

And last if I add a name only consisting of numbers, for instance 1337, it doesn't add it correctly.

Omni-Tek is your friend!

"First it only works if written in small letters. Is it possible to have it also react if written like this DD:addplayer ?"

Yes. i used small letters originally, since figured people are lazy and would rather not have press extra Shift unless absolutely necessary. :p Nevertheless, the parser will now react to both 'dd:command' and 'DD:command' as the trigger.

"Furthermore it doesn't add mobs that consist of more then 1 word, unless the player himself puts " " in the macro he uses. So if he writes 'dd:addplayer Stray Dog', the program will add it as 'Stray'. Any way you can have it include all words by default?"

Afraid i can't do it without rewriting quite a part of the command parser... is having the "%t" in the macro file instead of just %t really such a big issue? ^^;;

"And last if I add a name only consisting of numbers, for instance 1337, it doesn't add it correctly."

Fixed it hopefully, the updated build is in the usual place. -.^

"Would it be possible to either remove the <font> tags, or perhaps read from the ctext.ldb file what the damage output will look like? I know someone will want to change the way the damage appears on the screen, and DD won't be able to undestand what is being shown."

... The problem here is, since those messages can be apparently redefined to nearly any combination of static text, custom AO script and game-supported html... it'd be quite difficult to write code that can extract the relevant data from such random text.

Did something else though: the regex strings used to extract info from combat messages are now exposed/stored in the parser's registry key, which means they can be adjusted there to match your custom combat messages. Just keep in mind playing with those config keys is the easiest way to break the parser, so change them at your own risk. (if something goes wrong you can delete the keys and the parser will restore them next time you launch it)

/offtopic on

For those who alter the ctext.ldb file.

Remember to bring back the original version of ctext.ldb before to install the next patch. Or you will end up with a corrupted game.

The game patcher does not update customized/altered files.
    You'll have to ask for the file someone correctly patched.

/offtopic off
    RK1: Docgalaad 215 Doctor - Freelance Bug Hunter
    Nah ! I'm not fat ! I just have got a big nano pool !
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Originally posted by Joannah
    "Would it be possible to either remove the <font> tags, or perhaps read from the ctext.ldb file what the damage output will look like? I know someone will want to change the way the damage appears on the screen, and DD won't be able to undestand what is being shown."

... The problem here is, since those messages can be apparently redefined to nearly any combination of static text, custom AO script and game-supported html... it'd be quite difficult to write code that can extract the relevant data from such random text.

Did something else though: the regex strings used to extract info from combat messages are now exposed/stored in the parser's registry key, which means they can be adjusted there to match your custom combat messages. Just keep in mind playing with those config keys is the easiest way to break the parser, so change them at your own risk. (if something goes wrong you can delete the keys and the parser will restore them next time you launch it)
    Thanks much with alot of toying around I managed to make the RegEx strings cover all of my modifications.
    Commander 'Miggsy' Miggs

ok, one more suggestion... god I love this little proggie... just ask anyone I team with ^^

Can you add a text file command to switch between detailed and condensed macro output? That is the change I get asked most for by my teams... I will spit it out in condensed, and someone will ask for thier breakdown...

Thanks again!
    Merung 215-8 Lich (Intermediate)
    Proud Squad Commander of Core

[Core] Merung: Just cuz your profession fell outta the nerf tree and hit every branch on the way down, doesnt mean all should share your fate
    [Core] Shendeo: ./org leave

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast