Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rompa Bar Massacre. Have you forgotten!?!?

Question Rompa Bar Massacre. Have you forgotten!?!?

This Saturday, April 17th is the two year anniversary of the Rompa Bar Massacre. For those that may have forgotten .. both clan and omni were gathered in Rompa Bar for a pajama party. Everyone was having a good time .. it was DJed by the young Tarryk (before GSP I believe). It was a party .. not a political at all! Then, suddenly Omni-Pol arrives and tries to close down the party. After this unsuccessful attempt, they used ~illegal~ technology to lower the suppression gas and started killing unarmed people in their underwear.

Click here for pictures and other documention.

Click here for a copy of a news report on this.

Never forget!
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Yes, Tasha.... i do remember.

But this March 17 the Society will be throwing a Meet n' Greet. Really just a reason to host some friends and chat over cider. i would love to see you there!!
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Harboring clanners in any form, in a house, on the streets or in a bar, as this is the case is ILLEGAL. And Omni-Pol, I'm pretty, sure will continue to rain on that parade.

Clanners, have showed themselves in the recent months are terrorists. They have started to raid Omni-1, they even raid the Bronto Burger lady working there, not only the guards. Luckliy we have decent employees banishing them out of Omni-1.

But, when you plan a party INSIDE the border of the city of Omni-1, and let clanners in, you are asking for trouble. This is not allowed and wont be allowed, nor tolerated.

- Equimon
    "I wont let my precious comrades die..."
    207|11 Equimon Solitus Soldier
    150|0 Wildcardz Atrox Enforcer
    092|0 Bloodnerve Solitus Doctor
    075|0 Layered Opifex Meta-Physist
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

Originally posted by Ms.Ice
    But this March 17 the Society will be throwing a Meet n' Greet.
    Aside from the official OT calendar seeming to be... umm.. miss leading.. I would hazard to say that most clan would only set foot in Omni cities in order to put down their corrupt rule. I dont think you would find many foolish enough to think this is some sort of party that they should actually attend considering Omni-Pols statement and policy. Please... we are not foolish enough to come to a party where the door prize is to be shot in the head. We are clan.. not lemmins

Unfortunatly, there some even within our own Clan that are foolish enough to enter the lion's den as it were.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Sorry to see so many people killed, but Omni-Pol will not simply stand by as a force of clanners gather in our own territory. I would also expect Omni-Pol to do its duties in the up comming event if needed.

Also, the lowering of suppression gas is no way illegal, we may lower it to inforce Omni-Tek laws.
    Last edited by Saxon; Apr 15th, 2004 at 16:50:53.
    Saxon1's Equipment
    General Of Omni-Pol Tower Command.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

Even *I* attacked an Omni-Pol officer that day.

Sorry, Omni-Pol! I was mesmerized by the foul propaganda that evil DJ was spouting!

Or something...
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Ohhh...Omni-Reform coming for Nevver too in addition to Omni-Pol!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Oh, I'm very reformed now.

Thank you, Omni-Reform!

Omni-Reform is your friend.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Reformed... interesting term... I think I like brainwashed better.

A little side information from someone who was there.

Officers of Omni-Tek were sent to disband the "party" as it was being held on Omni-Tek property without the permission of the Corporation.
    Several attempts were made to peacefully disband the attendees.

These failed.

Only after one of the attendees struck the Officer in Charge did the confrontation turn violent.

And as I said way back then:

When Omni-Pol tells you to leave, you leave. No muss no fuss.
    Punching an Officer of Omni-Tek is not the best way to end the night on a high note.

And on a side note.
    If there was "illegal" technology used to lower the suppression gas inside the bar, I would be looking at the person that threw the first punch. And as I have said previously, that was not Omni-Tek.

Never forget!
    I am certain that the "partygoers" haven't forgotten one lesson from that night.
    If you are going to punch a fully-armored and -armed member of Omni-Pol:
    Make sure that your insurance is current.

Spin this any way you like. It still comes out the same.

Omni-Tek reserves the right to enforce its policies inside its areas with whatever means it deems necessary.
    And since Rompa Bar is located inside Omni-1 Entertainment, that places it within the jurisdiction of Omni-Tek.

Our property, our rules.

If this is a burden to anyone, then I can suggest a few adequate gathering places in Athen or Tir.

I hear The Cup is nice.

See you ingame.
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

The Cup is indeed nice.. as is Reets and Neuters... minus the barbaric and oppressive policies of Omni-Tek to boot.

How the policies of Omni-Tek can be percieved as "barbaric" is beyond me; Omni-Tek policy is quite reasonable, actually. All the Corporation asks is that if you are on it's property, you follow it's rules. If you were visiting a friend at his appartment (available to all new citizens at your local OT Reality Dealer) and were jumping on this friend's bed, does the friend not have the right to ask you to stop? What happened that night was no different: Omni-Tek asked the attendees to stop, and they did not. So, they forced them to stop, as is the Corporation's right.

If you Clanners like coming to Omni-1 so much, then just put down your rebelious ways and pick up an OT form at a shop! We'll excuse you of your sins and allow you back into the Corporation...doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Because you seem to lack some idea of what is and isn't barbaric.. then I will lower my intellect so I may give you a definition using your own example to make it simple for you.

If you are jumping on your friends bed.. and wont stop.. it would be barbaric for you to haul out your .45 and shot him in the head.

Thank you for the invitation.. But I do not require a second chance.. I am very happy with the first one I gained with the clans.

But the clanners weren't "jumping on the bed", they were having a peaceful party.

shhhh... Potato.. remember.. Omni-Tek... they dont understand words like.. "peaceful" or for that matter.. it seems "barbaric" either.

Originally posted by Saxon
    Sorry to see so many people killed, but Omni-Pol will not simply stand by as a force of clanners gather in our own territory. I would also expect Omni-Pol to do its duties in the up comming event if needed.

Also, the lowering of suppression gas is no way illegal, we may lower it to inforce Omni-Tek laws.
    Hoo boy, don't I know it. There must have been like 20 or 30 unarmed clanners in their underwear dancing to music! Imagine the sheer terror that could have been wrought on the hapless city if a fully armored squadron of military nihilists hadn't shown up to cause a bloodbath!

It was a close call, 'Pol, but you pulled through. You should all get medals.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

But just as a cat will never sit on a hot stove twice, I assume that the lesson was learned.

When asked to leave. Leave.

Call me barbaric. Call me brainwashed.

But even I know when to leave a party.

And that is the time just before guns are drawn and the screaming begins.

Reets is available. So are the bars in Athen and Tir.

The only reason that I can see for dragging this subject up so long after it happened is to garner sympathy for the poor, innocent Clan members that "died" that day.

The most that happened to any of you was that you were inconvenienced for about 10 minutes. I don't remember anyone suffering any permanent injury from this. Nor did anyone suffer perma-death.

The only thing I see that got hurt were a few egos that were slightly in need of a little deflation.

You can party until you vomit peanut butter anywhere you wish. But not in an Omni Bar when you know that it is not allowed if you are not Omni. Get over this "massacre" that you seem to think happened.

In reality, all that happened was an example was made of a few individuals who felt that the laws do not apply to them if they don't want them to. Truth hurts. And apparently so does Omni-Pol bullets.

You call us barbaric. You call us evil.

Trust me on this. If we were all those things you think us to be, no one would have survived that "massacre".

As it is, there are still people around years later to beat this dead horse one last time. So apparently Omni-Pol can show some restraint.

Omni-Tek has the right to police it's cities in any way it deems appropriate. And those of us who choose to follow Omni, of our own free will I might add, know this and abide by the rules.

And until control of this planet is transferred to the Council, we will continue to govern our citizens and those that chose to visit our cities in the way we see fit.

And strangely enough, I have yet to see another "massacre" or even a need to disband any similar "parties" in Rompa or Baboon's.

Lesson learned.

See you ingame
    Simon "Mymir" Baptist
    The Boswell Syndicate

I think the biggest question left unanswered from that day is this;

Who was in charge of the Omni-Tek application forms that day, and why was that person not at their station at the Rompa Bar door? To let 20 to 30 Clanners into our establishment is one thing, but to get none of them to pledge allegiance to Omni-Tek is appalling.

Thanks go towards Omni-Pol for providing the clean-up crew.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Mmmh tha'ts exactly that. Pullin' back some happenin' from two years ago, mourning, crying, poking people so that they pity ya.

Ya people are jus' bein' a bunch of hypocrits, once again. Always shouting how Omni-tek is evil, how barbaric an' "brainwashed" we are, and how tha Clans are good an' righteous... yet tha next thing I see is a bunch of ya goin' into our bars to party on our grounds and ask our employees to buy ya drinks. All of a sudden, fer this kind of activity, Omni-Tek dusn't stink as much. How surprising.

This jus' reeks of hypocrisy. But dusn't surprise me, it's always been this way, after all.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast