Thread: Kithrak Asks Clanners For Help Recovering Nanomage Suit

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Kithrak Asks Clanners For Help Recovering Nanomage Suit

Kithrak Asks Clanners For Help Recovering Nanomage Suit
    Korev Jurik

ANDROMEDA (IRRK) - In a shocking turn of events, Charles "Kithrak" Houston has appealed to the clans for assistance in recovering the stolen nanomage environmental suit.

At a briefing Wednesday in ICC headquarters, the former leader of Red Tape of Omni-Admin announced the identities of those responsible for the abduction of the suit. Clan members were asked to aid in recovering the data and prototype suit.

"With their efforts to reform the Council of Truth," said Kithrak, "it is time to see if the new Council is truly ready to rejoin Rubi-Ka politics."

The environmental suit, developed by Red Tape and Magi-Tek scientists, was recently announced at a science symposium. It was created with the intent to allow nanomages to survive outside the notum-rich atmosphere of Rubi-Ka and the Shadowlands. The briefing reported that a band of mercenaries, believed to be based out of the Milky Way district, was responsible for the theft of the data and prototype suit in response to the proposed Newland Guard Initiative.

Many of the clanners were less than enthusiastic about Kithrak's request, voicing concerns about personal safety. "All he can offer us for security is a one-time pass to make sure Omni-Pol doesn't arrest us," said Tussa, leader of the clan Assembly. "Doesn't really sound like a good deal to me."

Several Omni-Tek employees are no more amiable to Kithrak's plan. "He has overstepped his bounds as an Omni-Tek executive," said Eternalforce of Omni-InternOps. "This is Omni business...the clanners have no business being involved."

Not everyone present was opposed to Kithrak's plan, however. "I've got no problem including the clans if they decide to pay us more than Omni-Tek," said Avrik of the Obsoleet mercenary organization. "Either way, this is going to get out to all of Rubi-Ka."

Kithrak has been assigned to the Midnight Reveries detachment pending resolution of an Omni-Pol investigation into the theft.
    Last edited by CJ; Dec 11th, 2003 at 04:00:32.

Straight after the briefing, a posse consisting of rugged Obsoleet mercs and not-so-rugged RUR engineers saddled up and headed into the Milky Way to track down these rascals.

We did find them. We also got horribly slaughtered before we could recover the skinchip, but the point is, now that we know where the live, we can come back better prepared another day!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well done to Kithraks bravery in embracing the Clans and trying to bring them back to the Rubi-kan political table. And who knows, maybe peace one day. Every step like this is of benefit to every citizen of the planet, and as such should be backed whole heartedly by all those who welcome a better Rubi-ka in the future.

As for the criminals...all I can say is givem hell or even better how about introducing them to a little bit of free floating without oxygen from the Morning Star its would a fitting similarity to what they are making the nanomage population suffer by.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

As long as this does not result in the lip service we have received in the past, it will be a good thing. We are tried of being ignored and not listened to. Let's just hope this does not turn into yet another "We listen to you and will do whatever we want" saga. Fact is, the payment ran out a LONG time ago... and this is not the guards we want out, it's the thugs that used EO and have long outstayed their welcome...Face it people, newland is a ghost town now, no one cares..and no one will until they are gone. Clans have been in support since the day they arrived, and so this is not news either...We can rehash the rehash all we want, but until action is taken, it will never speak louder than words...

Hugs
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Ok. So, how do I get started in this operation? How do I get involved?
    I have to go to a location and speak to someone? - Newland, Milky Way area?

EDIT:

Council of Truth. Hmm. That is in Tir?
    Last edited by Zioxx; Dec 11th, 2003 at 19:56:18.
    .:: DIMENSION: Rimor
    .:: CHARACTER/s:
    .:::: Zioxx - Meta-Physicist
    .:::: Zaoxx - Shade
    .:::: Tikuto - Bureaucrat
    .:::: # -
    .:::: # -
    .:_

Albino Blacksheep
    Please spare your time to watch this

The mercs have managed to destroy the prototype suit before we were able to stop them. However, we did retrive the stolen data and it should be enough to restart the nanomage environmental suit project.

Details of how the retrival took place will be released in a report in the next few days by one of the reporters present(in a combat condition) or one of the other people that took part in the effort if the reporter is unable. Some time is needed to ensure accuracy.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Congratulations on the success of your joint effort Mr. Houston. I hope this turns out to be the beginning of a new relationship between the Clans and Omni-Tek. I appologize for my absence, I sincerely would have like to attend (got called in to work). And Thanks and Congratulations to all Omni-Tek and Clan members who helped out in this most benevolent of endeavours.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21