Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARK Expo Reaction Thread!

Man I had a great time listening to GSP, abd it was my first time so kinda got a good intro Dont remember the names of the DJ's though... But anyways you guys where great!
    And thre Huge "laggfilled" parties where great! I went to ICC, Reet Retreet and the publick buffing in Newland. (in NL I had ping on over 1 mill *proud*)

Anyways... Danced all night :P and had a lot of fun!
    Didnt winn anything though
    And it would be great if you guys had this kinda happening mor often Not like every weekend but evey now and then, some 2 months space between..

And the ICC happening was great to... Got answers to all my ARK questions and everything!

Didnt take any screen shots though..

Yeah yeah! Hope yall injoyed it as much as I did!

(all Typ-os are due to bad keyboard)
    I will kill you til you die of it!

Great event guys.... I had a lot of fun here. Got a lot of info from talking with the arks. I got a feeling class 101 will be filled to the top
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

I'm glad to see you all enjoyed having us out there for you.
    Advisor Irongryphon
    Forums Moderator

Forums Social Guidelines
    ARK Public Website

THANK YOU ARK & GSP!

Today on Rimor, ARK and GSP got together to spin a MARVELLOUS party to celebrate the 100th generation of ARKs. I was fortunate to be able to attend. The atmosphere was more festive than I have ever seen it on Rimor and the turnout was so overwhelming that we managed to crash Reets.

You want my reaction? On behalf of myself and those members of Fur n Feathers who were able to log in and attend, our reaction to the event is: AWESOME! Please, sir, may we have some more?

Lightshows- ARK has outdone itself in their lighting special effects, lending a downright disco atmosphere to the normally overly-bright Reets Glass Dancefloor

Giant Dancers- They so stole the show while they were on the floor. Cooler than the invention of Leet Piss (vodka & gingerale, thanks Tarryk!)

Multi-DJ musical show- GSP, you rock. But then, you already know that. Riakoo, even your technical difficulties are fun. Nothing quite like partying down to fixer-sped leet-sung punk tunes.

Contests: Hey, who can help but love contests that have such keen door prizes as teddybears? I didn't win, but I was still having a ball. No. Really. I won't kill all the white manz just to get one. That was just the usual Reet-like silliness.

Greenie Engagement: It's so ROMANTIC! Greenie luv. Good luck, you two!

Thank you all for the best party I've attended on either server in my entire time gaming with AO.

DesertReet
    President of Fur N Feathers
    Rimor-Ka's only all-female all-adventurer neutral org

OWWW! I feeel gooooooooood....

Thumbs up

Great expo (at least on Rimor, can't say much for the other server).

Highlights: lots of nice people to chat to (some actually taking the pains to explain their sides in the conflict to me instead of just ranting about the other side), a nice improvised(?) play (go Troxybaby and Lisentia!), and a most patient Events ARK answering the questions and concerns of the RP community (for longer than probably was healthy).

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Hoot Hoot -- Brilliant party, i was at both the Atlantean (towards the end of it :\) then for the whole rimor event...may i just say how much it rocked !

I made the mistake of sitting down with 3.7mil ping...i clicked stand once, waited for 30mins and still no movement so i had to send a petition to get my ass booted from the server i then got ported back in..but made sure i looked at my feet for the rest of the night heh...

i was there under;
    Manaburner (atlantean)
    and
    Manaburna (rimor)

music was brilliant, although people were having a little difficulties listening to GSP - ive sorted it for next time... ive figured a way i can reroute the stream through em heh, so i can have about another 30 listeners than normal.. heh :\

Thanks again !

Awesome party ARK and GSP

I had an absolute blast at the party!! (and didn't mind being charmed by an ARK one bit!)

I can't speak for anyone else at GSP but I am completely exhausted! Non stop live DJ's for two days... crazy pings, being turned into a brain dog (AgtOrange....*glares*) non stop meeting new people and 10 back to back teddy bear giveaways... *plops down on her couch and sighs*

SO.. when can we do it again?!

In all seriousness though.. It was amazing and props to everyone who had a hand in coordinating the event. It deffinatly was worth any problem along the way. The turn-out was beyond outstanding (I think our pings can vouch for that) and it gave the players a real personal connection with the ARKs (which personally was long time needed!). Hopefully we'll all be around for the 200th Generation party! h00t!

Hope y'all had as great of a time as I did!

HUGS!
    -Tris

P.S. There was an evil ARK who tricked me into taking a rather crude photo... If you find this photo, please disregard.. I didn't mean it!! <3
    Last edited by Tristalyn; Aug 17th, 2003 at 19:26:04.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

I demand that a statue of the Dominatrix that was at the RK2 one be erected in place of that lame statue already in ICC! She won my heart... well close enough.

Fun event, was nice to see such a huge crowd not engaged in pointless tower fights.

I got stuck with a little over 2 million ping at the Atlantean party at Reets, like a bunch of others, but I refused to log out. I was just having too much fun.

Thanks for a great party/learning experience!
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

Awesome

Awesome just awesome, I was only at Reets (Atl) for a few hours but I followed the event on the radio all weekend. Kewl that AgtOrange went on air with Tarryk, but he shouldn't replace Metalynx as proposed by Gridfan
    I like the remodelling of Reets, the arks really put some work into this event - props out to them, they must've been working hard to make this event.
    Nice to see that most peeps had unequipped their weapons at Reets, I've always thought that it should happen automaticly when entering Reets
    Hugs to all arks making this possible and to all the DJ's from Gridstream
    Last edited by Mukizu; Aug 18th, 2003 at 09:28:27.
    Is the acceptance from others so important
    that we have to constantly compromise and hurt ourselves

K, got my Rimor screenshots up as well:
    http://ao.stratics.com/
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Yes, everything about it was impressive. The sights, the sounds, the lag! Great effort to all involved and gratz to generation 100!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The party rocked. Ive been playing MMORPGS for over 7 years now and AO was the first game ive seen an event like that take place. Well done.

I just posted my best screenshots of the party. Check them out at here. And while you are there, download some of my free female dancing scripts for use at the next party (male scripts comming soon).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Nice pics so far guys!

Keep em coming, I'm collecting ;D *has wallpaper for a few months now, send more!*

MeEp!
    Retired ARK Xnemth

I wish they had given away more ph@t lewt. =(

I soooo wanted a teddy bear and did not get one. *sob*
    Chiannies
    "My full name is Chiannies. But nobody calls me that. The "s" at the end is silent. Please call me Chiannie! It's pronounced like this: ch (like the first sound of chocolate) + ahhh (like ahhh!) + knee (like your knee). Not Chia Pet, either," says Chiannie.
    Fixer 120 -- Atlantean (on my spare time, I've also become a Doctor 65 and a Keeper 43 -- I'm a multitalented girl!)
    Applicant of Valor Eternal (EG)
    Martial Artist 157 -- Rimor
    Veteran of Ive Got Your Back
    Style over Substance

Great party
    Great expo

Was nice to see you guys out in force. You must do it again sometime. PR coup.

Tiggy

ark-expo

just a final look before the big unsticky :)
    Last edited by CJ; Oct 1st, 2003 at 00:10:35.
    ~ CJ ~
    Formerly known as Timelapse

Certified AO Forum Freak!

~ Check out our old comics here! ~

wow I did enjoy my time there... but it was kinda laggy :-P with 3.9mil Ping .... it was rather fun meeting and speaking to a few of the ARKs and a few of the Guardians.... Even though I didnt get any pictures :-(
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast