Thread: Mind Banshee only on min dmg ?

Mind Banshee only on min dmg ?

hi again,

i wonder about Mind Banshee, should make 484-946 dmg on mobs, but whenever i fire it, its only on the min dmg side, means exacly 484 dmg.

I`ve watched this for 2 weeks now, on different mobs, different locations and and and...

The result was, that 99,9% of every fired Mind Banshee are on the minimal dmg and a very very (very small) small chance, to make a little more dmg then 484.

May that be correct, as it is ?

You can try to look up post of Darkbane describing the problem. In short - you need to be really lucky or nuke really low AC mobs to score not min damage. Spirits ftw!
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Yep going to be the same with pretty much all nukes you need to use them on backyard mobs to get significantly above min damage.
    Sometimes, you just have to charge in with both hands blazing and hope they drop before you do.

I won't join your org, but I may join your cause...for a price

All must bow before receiving my blessings

it's a pitty the nukes attack skill.. for example MC does'nt increase dmg like on weapons.. nano programs have some nasty draw backs
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    it's a pitty the nukes attack skill.. for example MC does'nt increase dmg like on weapons.. nano programs have some nasty draw backs
    and you want the attack skill to be what? based on a dark blue skill like a weapon?

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    and you want the attack skill to be what? based on a dark blue skill like a weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    whats so hard to understand about that post?
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Every hostile nano already has an Attack Skill built in by default. So this could be used to scale the damage like with weapons, and it would finally give enough reason to max out nanoskills.

Nanos have different way to calculate damage.
    And regarding nanos working as weapons - it'll require major overhaul of nanos...
    Imagine IU or triples going off with NT' nanodamage multiplier and multiplier to bonus from skill. Then you will ask to scale debuffs and heals too... Then buffs (obviously - wrangle must buff more than 153 if trader have way over it's reqs).

So - don't start it.
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    So - don't start it.
    Point is, weapon already started it. And there was a time where pets were scaled (if i remember well)

Quote Originally Posted by willlliams View Post
    Point is, weapon already started it. And there was a time where pets were scaled (if i remember well)
    How can you scale pets?
    Summon lvl1 pet on 220 and he'll be chicken-style damage? Doubt it went past test.

Back on the topic -
    Weapon damage calced by applying ACs to max dmg and after it rolling rnd between min dmg and max dmg. So if you have 100-200 weapon and got 5k ACs - it'll be random number between 100 and 150 with regular spread.

Nano damage got rnd between min and max then ACs are applied (only in pvm, in pvp ACs do not applied at all when you calc nanoprogram damage). In example same as above - it'll be 50% to roll 100 and 50% to get random roll between 100 and 150.

So - add here ACs that average SL mob have past Elysium and you got a picture.
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik
    Summon lvl1 pet on 220 and he'll be chicken-style damage? Doubt it went past test.
    max beneficial skill maybe?
    run speed already scales to casters abilities, does it not? (at least, to some extent.. probably from base or something, pets never keep up)

It would make sense to me that someone with more nanoskills can control their manifestation better, get more damage, faster hitting and more defence out of it... but sense and what actually happens doesn't ever quite seem to line up with ao...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarapinal View Post
    max beneficial skill maybe?
    run speed already scales to casters abilities, does it not? (at least, to some extent.. probably from base or something, pets never keep up)

It would make sense to me that someone with more nanoskills can control their manifestation better, get more damage, faster hitting and more defence out of it... but sense and what actually happens doesn't ever quite seem to line up with ao...
    I think that's the #2 suggestion in the Meta wanted list. (pets scaling to nanoskills)

Also runspeed is totally not based on base skills.. the first time I noticed pets move faster is after someone cast GSF on me and I zoned, and my pets went turbo.

Ilikebunnies (150/8) Opifex Meta-Physicist
    Kingbunny (teeny lil' nub) Opifex Enforcer
    I am the anti-thesis to a "heck-noob". It takes me 6 months to gain 10 levels..

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeBunnies View Post
    Also runspeed is totally not based on base skills.. the first time I noticed pets move faster is after someone cast GSF on me and I zoned, and my pets went turbo.
    AFAIK It's always been 1.5 times your current runspeed on cast or zone.

Pets have essentially the same runspeed as their owners. When in /follow mode, and when certain pathing conditions kick in pet runspeed is increased by 15% in order to allow the pet to catch up.

Adding massive runspeed doesn't have the effect you might think it does. It quite often causes more problems with the pathing AI than benefits and can result in pathing being considerably worse in many situations (as tested by Kull and me during the work on the big pathing fix a few years ago).

Pathing requires a balance between the AI, the landscape node optimisation, the runspeeds involved and some other factors. Just pushing hard on one factor tends to kick the whole thing out of balance as much as fix anything.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

If you've been underwater with pets in Adonis, you can imagine how it would be to give Pets insane runspeed.

They'd simply run away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Achknan View Post
    If you've been underwater with pets in Adonis, you can imagine how it would be to give Pets insane runspeed.

They'd simply run away from you.
    they're not running away from you...

they're running away with you... just.. with a head start...

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

The attack nano could do random dmg between min and max, shouldnt be too dificult to arrange, when dmg says 100-200 imo it should be just that ... 100-200,and this is DMG nanos, dont see how buffing nanos (like wrangle was mentioned erlier in thread) would HAVETO follow the same rules.

On the runspeed on pet topic i cant see why when pets are on follow they would need pathingat all, they should be rigth by our side all the time (float trough walls) and when they are in attack mode they should change back to pathing.

thats my 2 penny`s
    Last edited by Caitho; Jun 14th, 2007 at 12:37:29. Reason: Typos typos typos
    Caitho level 220\15 Mp Rk1
    Ragnarok unit memeber
    My gimpy SETUP (Out dated, wil be updated soon)