Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have read nothing and listened to no gossip...

I have read nothing and listened to no gossip...

just please tell me the Skill System is staying the same?

Like the ability too IP swimming and every vehicle instead of weapons and nanos!

That sets this game aside from all others for me, not being cotton wool'd through your charachter.

Please someone confirm this is staying the same?
    Photocopy - The Crat
    Wristdeep - The Enf

It does. However it has been said that they plan to merge some skills into one, to cut down on useless skills and confusion. One could imagine that things like Runspeed, Swimming and Adventuring become one. Or vehicle air, land, sea become one.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

They have talked to remove Map Nav ... which I found sad.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I hope they throw together first aid and treatment, kinda makes sense
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    oh, and all nanoskills into one .. kinda makes sense ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

everything is maxed as you level....
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    everything is maxed as you level....
    Those poor low HP PvP setups...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    oh, and all nanoskills into one .. kinda makes sense ...
    and no
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

I hope they never combine treatment and first aid.

Whether or not to put IP into first aid is a good choice to have. No character NEEDS first aid but if you put IP into it, you get to use various QL's of nano-stims, health-stims, root-breaker stims.

Such a choice is important to protect and keep in the game. Nothing good what so ever can come out of removing that particular choice.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Leave the skills themselves alone.

Make all the skills equal in usage ability (i.e. green to everyone ).

Allow set number of skills to tag for that characters use.

Remove "professions" completely including any "profession" tags on items and equipment.

Let people make their own "profession" through their skill choice.

Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Leave the skills themselves alone.

Make all the skills equal in usage ability (i.e. green to everyone ).

Allow set number of skills to tag for that characters use.

Remove "professions" completely including any "profession" tags on items and equipment.

Let people make their own "profession" through their skill choice.

Profit.
    I kinda like this.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Would make perks, nanos and research still influencing the best choice for each prof, but would also make a hell of alot more potential variety, could be awesome but could ruin the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Would make perks, nanos and research still influencing the best choice for each prof, but would also make a hell of alot more potential variety, could be awesome but could ruin the game.
    With no actual professions anymore, it'd actually be a lot less hassle.

Perks could be set the same as skills (i.e. you get a set number you may choose but you may choose from any of the perks ).

Research also with the same system, only research would be further limited by being tied to specific skills (i.e. you can only use research which enhances "brawling" if you have already chosen brawling as one of your tagged skills ).

Nanos a bit tougher to work out but not by much. All nanos would be available for uploading for anyone as long as they chose the skills for usage ( i.e. bio met, mat met, etc. ), but you have a limit of say 10 nanos that can be uploaded at any one time. If you want to use different nanos, you'd have to choose some currently uploaded nanos to unlearn ( meaning you'd have to re-buy those nanos later if you want them again ). Adds a nice cred sink as a bonus.

And balancing the skills, perks, research, nanos as a whole against each other, rather than having to balance them also in regards to one class (profession) against another, would make things on the devs end a LOT easier in the long term. Although it would be a pain in the rear for the initial run through, it would have taken substantially less time to balance for such a system than it has for the current balance work which has the additional profession hassle thrown in, for example.

sounds ubercool. Devs are wondering if we're all on crack though.

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    With no actual professions anymore, it'd actually be a lot less hassle.
    perking coon, MR dof and equipping troaler and nanoing blockers and doubles.
    yay for all this variety and freedom to be unique!
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Jul 22nd, 2011 at 05:18:16.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You know sometime I can't tell when you all are being serious or just trolling.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    Yes, I guess I failed to mention BALANCE anywhere in my other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    You know sometime I can't tell when you all are being serious or just trolling.
    Please be more specific, as some here tend to be very serious about their trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    sounds like ranged advy in a team with engi.

Alternatively, you could upload AMS 5, acrobat, cocoon, power in numbers, SMG mastery, use an Envy+onehander, and be a rockin soldier with DOF+cocoon+AMS?

Or, you could be an MA with coon instead of brawler perked, sounds kinda nice.

I think the way this would work best is if you could choose say 8 skill lines that are green, 10 that are light blue, and 15 that are blue, and the rest are dark blue, then, allocate your IP however you want, choose as mentioned before your 10 nano choices, and choose whatever perklines.

Then, as mentioned, you get research options that are based on your IP skill tags.

could be really cool. And so different. PVP would be SO much different than it is now. probably everyone would have DOF+coon+blockers, so, probably weapon choices like MA could be really popular which would do the most damage without reliance on specials.

But, it could go ANY direction... you could have huge defensive builds, huge offensive builds, or just crazy debuffers... imagine a defensive build with coon+blockers+acrobat+divest+ransack+malaise/UBT+heals... lol GL killing that traderengidocadvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"
    Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast