Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budabot 0.6.4 (UNOFFICAL) Release

Budabot 0.6.5 (UNOFFICAL) Release

------
    version 0.6.5 is here. Download link updated. Aodevs link has more details on changes
    ------

See http://aodevs.com/index.php/topic,512.0.html for more details. Just wanted to get the word out and looking for feedback. I'll be checking back to this post to reply to feedback, but I'll be posting technical updates to the aodevs forums page.

Budabot 0.6.5 (unofficial release) --> http://www.box.net/shared/7zhznkqcqk
    Budabot 3rd-party-modules repository --> http://www.box.net/shared/mkbu070y7f

-.- nerf the fact that i can't change the thread title...only the post title it looks like
    Last edited by Etheryal; Sep 18th, 2009 at 16:28:12. Reason: New version --> 0.6.5

Unhappy

Free Bump

Also Do you have another download link? Been tryign to hours and it wont download

Sorry, there are currently no free download slots available on this server.

Please try again later, or you can upgrade to FileFactory Premium below for instant access.
    Last edited by Greenpilgrim; Jun 2nd, 2009 at 09:10:37.
    Greenpilgrim 220/30/70 Soldier President of Insanity-inc
    Indianazack 220/30/70 Advy <3
    Zackheals 220/30/70 The Doc Equip
    Zackstab 220 Shade, Zack999 218 Trader TS Gimp
    Zackrat 214 Crat, Wacko666 219 Enfo
    Zakz 215 NT ... and many more!!!!!

If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane.

Thanks for letting me know about the hosting site being full on download slots. I updated the link in the first post.

This download also has the 18.0.0.04 items db pre-included (due to popular request), and you can thank Slacklin for providing this DB rip.

Aodevs link updated as well.
    Last edited by Etheryal; Jun 2nd, 2009 at 01:13:37.

ty for new release
    is there anyone can help me for little problem ive been faced under the vista 32 bit?

This is good work
    Thank you
    ......the original Sin
    No problem is to big to run away from

Proud member of :
    Odins Wrath

Since the update my !timers module is working as intended again.
    If you did anything to help that, thanks.

But on the downside, the bot is no longer showing people go offline. It's showing them come online, but not offline. Any tips?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Everything works fine with this update ^^
    Logon and logoff works as well
    ......the original Sin
    No problem is to big to run away from

Proud member of :
    Odins Wrath

support?

anyone know where to find help with this bot? Having an issue where people can join as a guest and they can se eus talk but we cannot see them. Relay is turned on as well.
    Proud Veteran of Anarchy Online (OMNI)
    Daneel 215 Crat - Leveling
    Blauweballen - 190 Enfo

http://aodevs.com has a general "support" forum (among others). Have you tried there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus View Post
    anyone know where to find help with this bot? Having an issue where people can join as a guest and they can se eus talk but we cannot see them. Relay is turned on as well.
    I had this problem sometimes. as the guest chanel of the bot also doubles up as a raid bot if someone joins manually it tends to mess up the guests and it no longer relays. I guess the only way to fixit is join raid bot !kickall then reinvite guests that should fix it.

You can make it so that no one can join teh bot manually in the settings or config cant remember off the top of my head which one.
    Greenpilgrim 220/30/70 Soldier President of Insanity-inc
    Indianazack 220/30/70 Advy <3
    Zackheals 220/30/70 The Doc Equip
    Zackstab 220 Shade, Zack999 218 Trader TS Gimp
    Zackrat 214 Crat, Wacko666 219 Enfo
    Zakz 215 NT ... and many more!!!!!

If we weren't all crazy, we'd just go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus View Post
    That's because they're using !join instead of !guestjoin. They are handled by two different scripts.

Easy fix is to rename or delete /modules/BASIC_CHAT_MODULE/join.php

And then if you're saavy enough you can edit the guest channel module to recognize !join as well.
    Because Race Yalm

!join vs !guestjoin

As previously stated, when players use !join, the bot thinks random people are joining the bot for a raid. !guestjoin is what they need to be using. That said...!guestjoin can be easily abused and you can get everyone and their mom joining the bot to spam away at your org (hehe fun fun). If I'm on the right track about your setup (just a modest org, using budabot, and also with some outside org-friends communicating via guest relay, which doesn't really intend to use the bot as a raid bot), then most bot-admins in your situation have joined the guest channel (/tell botname join), did !lock (to lock the guest chat, which prevents outsiders from joining and rick-rolling your org to death), and simply !guest add <outside org-friend's names> for all your buddies (typed in org chat). Each time they log on, they'll get an invite to the guest channel (despite it being locked), and there will be no issues of spam. Guests can also be removed later (!guest rem <name>).

Question Update to 6.4

How do I update my bot from 6.3 to the 6.4 release ? Will it retain my current bot settings ?

The information you need Radrusstx, can be found if you follow the link in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Link in the first post
    Because of the nature of the changes that I've made to the bot, and many of them being in the actual core of the bot, I highly recommend that you just download this fresh copy, and copy over your /data/budabot.db file and your config.php file (if you want to save yourself some time) from your old installation. Other than that, the bot should migrate over easily.

questions about linking to bots, such as recipenet, etc...

budabot is awesome, however the ONLY functionality im missing in it, is the ability to do recipe searches ala recipenet. sure, i could just use recipenet itself, but if i could link my bot to recipenet, then i only have to worry about using ONE bot for everything i need.

basically, what im looking at doing is to set up a command in budabot (!recipe), which then forwards all text following the command to recipenet, and then forwards the response directly to the user who issued the command via a tell (i want to try and cut down on org bot spam). if the response that is forwarded from recipenet contains a link (most do), i want the bot to restructure the link so that if i click on anything in the window that pops up, it sends a tell to budabot with that request, which then forwards that exact request to recipenet, etc, etc.

i see nothing (that i understand anyway, lol) in the documentation that came with budabot, nor on the aodevs forums that explains how to set something like this up.

i assume since it is a little complex, that it would have to be coded as a seperate module?

any help would be appreciated.

Is there an IRC module for budabot?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Is there an IRC module for budabot?
    I haven't seen any being freely circulated recently.

Budabot 0.6.5 released

Yep, 0.6.5 is finally here. OP updated, and AOdevs link in OP has more information.

Overall, a great effort fixing a few bugs and such, but are u working with the latest version releases in the CVS or just the released 0.6.3 ? i'm pretty sure even more features/enhancements where done to the CVS version (send me a tell if u want to look at that, if you're unsure on how to pull it from CVS)

The multiloot system is really good, but by adding those changes in you also broke the regular system the bot had to make your own loottables for raids, pointsystem and raidlists. (/tell bot raidconfig for more info, you need to have access to the command ofc (0.6.3) )

Also, it looks like you also added the option to you external lootlists as can be seen in the apd lootlists, could you somehow do so it can co-exist with the regular raidbot facilities of the bot without breaking that part?

Some orgs want to use the raidparts of the bots with loottables, points and all that goes with it, but having external loottables in case it's not already in the databse of the bot is also pretty good idea, not sure if this does indeed work by default in 0.6.3, if it already does it's np i guess.

Other than that, looking good, keep up the effort

Another enhancement that pops to mind is making the bot able to so multiassist macros, like !assist name1 name2 name3 etc etc

Send me a tell on rk2 if you want that cvs version, i'm ususally on slavdrivare nowdays.
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Sep 18th, 2009 at 17:27:03.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast