Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ack

Sorry for multiple posts but I'd like to say that I'm very glad our toolset finally starts to make some "sense", everything is connected, whether it's positive or negative. It feels hella good !

Numbers are definitely going to be reworked about the Nano Cost by the way, they haven't done any testing yet, thus the irrelevant data. Though they may figure out that it's got to be something close to it, I'm not saying they plan to decrease it drastically.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Yeah, oh an offensive stance would be sorta nice as well.

Any idea on the implementation of the stance? Like can it be insta cast? Or is it kinda like a perk?
    How long you are stuck in that stance? I'd rather not have another thing like NT's offensive/defense focus where u need to wait 30 mins to get outta it.

Until we don't know what Zazen fully does, all this talk about heals is pointless. At the moment we're getting an insane nano req on the heals (all the 4 hour buff durations are of course great, but they're not MA specific as all profs will get the same treatment), so at the moment, I'm not sure what I think about the changes, as we don't see the whole picture & I really don't want MAs to turn into shield MP type things.

Other then that - no updated Run Speed buff, the % based evade buffs got huge reqs but little use, taunts got increased but still seem to be too small to hold aggro (if anyone cares), the inits buffs got no nano init, and let's not forget that MAs are still the only prof that can't go 1/1 at full def with an AI scope on.

Our old Fear line became both PvM & PvP, but only the 'Footsteps of The Master' has the -RS in the end, while the rest got double the lockout (5 minutes), frankly I've never found use for that PvM line, other then scaring off Lien's pets in ToTW and the hecks+skeletons in IS. I'd let this line go for something better...

Currently, the only sure good thing I see is we're getting a melee damage type override (all the rest are a bonus, though it's missing projectile), and 30 evade/dodge (AAD would have been better, but with incoming changes I don't know).

Lastly, MA attacks, they use up nano, will they get their reqs changed, as some of them require quite alot, and seeing all the raised reqs on Heals, we might not be able to use our gear. Also, will we finally be able to use them through already running perks chains (instantly, like special attacks, i.e.: brawl/fast/sneak) ? Will nano cost reduction mod finally work on them ? Will we finally be able to use them while running !?

So... wtb all the info on Zazen !

p.s. Did anyone notice that evades changed a nano line req (from PM/SI to BM/SI) ?
    p.s. What's the "V.P." column, between the name and the BM columns ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Good questions Crit, as always. I came to the same interrogations, same thoughts, more or less.
    Though, since it was only about Nanos, I cannot answer anything about our Attacks, nothing new has been told about them. Yet.

P.S 1, yes, and that is cool.
    P.S 2, what first came to my mind when I saw that was "Victory Points", a.k.a buyable in LE Shops but ...
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Funcom employee

Just to quell the speculation, the V.P. actually stands for Visual Profession. We accidentally left that column in, and should have removed it as it is purely placeholder. It's easier to format the document with the field already there (plus it helps in tracking the old nanos), but none of the Visual Profession information in the Sheet 2 "pink field" changed nanos is neccessicarly "correct" in any way, shape, or form.

I wanna repeat that, 'cause I know people are gonna end up reading this: It is *purely* placeholder and does not in any fashion represent what will be FPable by Agents in the future. Like, not in the slightest. Most of the entries there are the results of rampant copy/pasting in the document while making alterations. ;P So seriously - As of now, the V.P. column really represents nothing.

We'll let you guys know when it does. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Thanks for making that clear Kintaii
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I kinda like that MAs get a effective team heal, one of the things that have been bugging me about AO is that for some things you actually NEED a doc, cant be replaced by say 1 advy and 2 MAs atm.. Hopefully that will change ^^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    and make sure that you could still get the additional agility by adding that to Form of Tessai
    "Melee AC is 102 points higher."

I might not be able to read this code properly, but it sounds to me that that's the only change to form of tessai. doesn't matter much, we still can use this one to buff str, and the other one to buff agi, and then the proc for a bit more str, but myeah, nothing was added to form of tessai there.

I'm happy tho, that means with this team heal working pretty well, the cookie cutter MA setup is now going to have NR2.

Glad I'm not an "usual" MA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Keep in mind that procs and perks will probably be revamped too. Proc buffing an ability is kinda wrong imho.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    I'm happy tho, that means with this team heal working pretty well, the cookie cutter MA setup is now going to have NR2.
    haha yeah was thinking the same thing about nr2 but didn't wanna say anything lest the devs go and up the reqs on the team heal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    haha yeah was thinking the same thing about nr2 but didn't wanna say anything lest the devs go and up the reqs on the team heal :P
    Apparently some MA told me that he could cast MoK in NR2 already with no nano skills items which i found impossible when I computed last time.

Didn't run calcs without any specific Item. Does he have a Trader on /follow or a perma CM stick ?

Didn't run calcs without any specific Item. Does he have a Trader on /follow or a perma CM stick ?
    Checked some time ago a setup for Koi, went /emo cuz not possible w/o shznitload of nanoskill stuff :<
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

He said self. Thats why I doubt it. My calcs showed that you would be missing at least 200 nano skills. Even CM wouldn't allow you to cast it in NR2, at least thats what I got about 1year ago. I might be wrong

NR2 has never been my cup of tea, really. Even NR1 tbh. I tried them both but couldn't care enaugh to bump my Nano Skills so I wouldn't have to ask for CM through NR2 (in BS). Considering the ammount of MPs in it, it wasn't very very fun in fact. Flourishing Heal was my best friend back then (MoK didn't exist, couldn't always use SoR) and I never truly enjoyed having that much NR at the cost of the rest of my Buffs and therefore, offense. One drain and you're outta line (yes, it still happens through NR2), because your offense is lower, the Trader will have more time to land his stuff. Always liked to cast all of my Buffs at "will" and keep the offensive spirit, which worked fine in BS even against debuffers/nukers, because I would react very fast and kill them as fast without having to care that much about what they could or could not land. Doesn't mean I never died to a Trader one-on-one, but it seldom happened if I wasn't in total rezz of Perks and MA Attacks. Even less when it came to meeting a NT in BS, those usually killed me from a wide range while I was already fighting either one serious opponent or several weak ones and didn't realize there was a NT around or didn't have enaugh time to get rid off him before he lands a nuke.

u ppl can correct me if u want to...
    but if the new defensive stance ain't the bomb - the other changes won't change much at all.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Well, that's only the Nano Programs part though ? What about Parry/Riposte ?

NR2 has never been my cup of tea, really. Even NR1 tbh. I tried them both but couldn't care enaugh to bump my Nano Skills so I wouldn't have to ask for CM through NR2 (in BS). Considering the ammount of MPs in it, it wasn't very very fun in fact. Flourishing Heal was my best friend back then (MoK didn't exist, couldn't always use SoR) and I never truly enjoyed having that much NR at the cost of the rest of my Buffs and therefore, offense. One drain and you're outta line (yes, it still happens through NR2), because your offense is lower, the Trader will have more time to land his stuff. Always liked to cast all of my Buffs at "will" and keep the offensive spirit, which worked fine in BS even against debuffers/nukers, because I would react very fast and kill them as fast without having to care that much about what they could or could not land. Doesn't mean I never died to a Trader one-on-one, but it seldom happened if I wasn't in total rezz of Perks and MA Attacks. Even less when it came to meeting a NT in BS, those usually killed me from a wide range while I was already fighting either one serious opponent or several weak ones and didn't realize there was a NT around or didn't have enaugh time to get rid off him before he lands a nuke.
    Eh... imo one drain now and you're basically screwed even in nr0 or nr1. When it lands you can't perk them at all, all you can do now is AS/ice arrow/swap a piercing evil but considering the large amounts of healing that a trader can manage it's usually not enough.

Especially considering they kite and root as well.

Oh another thing about more nr, is that less ppl will land NF/bot conf on you.

In NR0 with about 3,150+ static AR, if I had MM or Sphere up, it was enaugh to perk the Trader, or to land BBCS/ToSF and alpha directly (Attacks used to land a lot more often than Perks when I was drained though, not a lot of good Traders in BS I guess). Mass PvP is very fast, I did not leave time for my opponents to heal up, that was my speciality.

I seldom used my root Grafts for nothing, these were reserved to CC users or drainers/nukers, same goes with UaWoS, so I usually did not have much trouble getting rid off them by getting in range.

True about CoNC Perks, guess I used UaWoS at the right time, well, always had a good ammount of AAD as well tbh. But Next Patch ... NR seems the way to go ahah. I'll see.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Jul 18th, 2010 at 00:41:22.

Well hmm dunno that's quite a lot of static AR think I got like 3080 with off hud and def board which is somewhat my normal setup, so that's about 3119 with combat hud and combat board, how'd you get that extra 30 or so AR?

One drain is -475 AR and (good) traders usually run around with abt 3.1-3.2k def iirc, so even with your AR+mm+sphere (so that's abt 3470 AR and about 3k when drained) i still think good ones will be unperkable...

Oh right you use ado brain for the extra AR
    Last edited by Weltall; Jul 18th, 2010 at 02:41:26. Reason: ado brain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast