Thread: New engine crashes

New engine crashes

I constantly, like 90% of the times, crash in Rome Red and ICC Holo Deck.

Also, Alien boss textures in missions and Mantis Queen is just a big black blob...
    Sometimes when I'm hungry.......I eat my own face!

So do I. I now have 6 different engineers scattered around RK so I can avoid travelling through problem zones like Rome Red at all costs. It's been like this for years (I was in the new engine beta). As far as I can tell no progress has been made.

crush crush crush on every damm whompa's.Can you FunCom fix the dammm thing?Just please?Thank you in advanced.
    ps:and i wont play on the old engine.just doesn't worth it.

I confirm the problem with Rome Red, as well as with vicinity of some other Whom-pahs (Ent, TLR).

In fact, there are 2 different kinds of crashes:
    1. The game just freezes (with minor variations - sometimes first you lose control over your character, it continues to move in the same direction till the game completely freezes / crashes).
    2. You see nothing besides controls, the world turns into a grey wall. You still can stil fight / heal / log out.

Also, a friend recently switched to from the old to the new client and is crashing now even more than me (sometimes every few minutes). And yes, going back to the old engine after trying the new one ruins a big part of the enjoyment :/

I wish, instead of the new content such as The Reck and new missions Funcom would focus on fixing the new engine...

Me and my friend both have Windows 7, Intel processors (i7, i3), GeForce GTX 950 / 750 Ti.
    We use "Run in window", no "Borderless", Direct3D T&L HAL.
    Last edited by Cthonian; May 3rd, 2016 at 20:03:50.

I moved back to the old client now, just got too much with the crashing... :S
    Sometimes when I'm hungry.......I eat my own face!

i believe most ppl who have this problems also have nvidia graphic cards. the problem is nvidia sucks ass technology is not optimized for older games, the ao dev must optimize ao engine so it works without problems with nvidia.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    i believe most ppl who have this problems also have nvidia graphic cards. the problem is nvidia sucks ass technology is not optimized for older games, the ao dev must optimize ao engine so it works without problems with nvidia.

For clarity and so people are not given false information this above statement is gross miss-information, the nvidia users are not having to roll back drivers or having as many issues as intel/amd/other graphics device users are being forced too.
    Everyone is having various problems with the new BETA engine, however the actual bug reporting/evidence shows nvidia based users are having the least amount issues.

That is all.
    Last edited by Caloss2; May 7th, 2016 at 04:42:12.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

nvidia, amd, intel are all good when running new game titles, but when it comes to older games both nvidia and intel sucks monkey ass compared to amd. the reason i said nvidia new technology suck ass is because its having issues with backwards compatible to older technologies, in terms of coding and tailoring drivers to supports nvidias new technologies. im not going into details to describe to you why because this will takes times and it may trigger fanboy wars nvidia vs amd which i dont care about lol, you have to do your own research on this matter. however, long story short fc have 2 options to resolves this issue, 1. optimize ao so it runs smoother on newer hardwares like nvidia maxwell 2. contact nvidia and ask for supports, and maybe nvidia will add a hotfix to make AO runs smoother in their next gfx driver updates, or do both 1 and 2 and have thi sissue resolved once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    nvidia, amd, intel are all good when running new game titles, but when it comes to older games both nvidia and intel sucks monkey ass compared to amd. the reason i said nvidia new technology suck ass is because its having issues with backwards compatible to older technologies, in terms of coding and tailoring drivers to supports nvidias new technologies. im not going into details to describe to you why because this will takes times and it may trigger fanboy wars nvidia vs amd which i dont care about lol, you have to do your own research on this matter. however, long story short fc have 2 options to resolves this issue, 1. optimize ao so it runs smoother on newer hardwares like nvidia maxwell 2. contact nvidia and ask for supports, and maybe nvidia will add a hotfix to make AO runs smoother in their next gfx driver updates, or do both 1 and 2 and have thi sissue resolved once and for all.
    For clarity and so people are not given false information this above statement is gross miss-information, the nvidia users are not having to roll back drivers or having as many issues as intel/amd/other graphics device users are being forced too.
    Everyone is having various problems with the new BETA engine, however the actual bug reporting/evidence shows nvidia based users are having the least amount issues.

That is all.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I see that i have 2 options:
    - Old engine is running on max 2048x1536 32 bit
    or new beta engine who is supporting 3840x2160 32bit resolution.On the last one i get fewer crashing on 2560x1600 32bit..but i can't avoid Rome,2HO,Long Road,not to mention ICC - dead end for me around whompa's (like zoning from same area).
    This is actual state of the game for me.I hope FC will do something about this and get fixed soon.

Br,

however the actual bug reporting/evidence shows nvidia based users are having the least amount issues.
    fyi: nvidia have around 70% marketshares compares to other gpu manufacturers, amd have around 18% while the rest 12% belongs to other gpu manufacturers. this means approximately 7 out of 10 pc owners are in possessing of nvidia gfx cards. so what youre claiming doesn't makes sense to me and i would like to see your bug report because talking is cheap.
    2nd you accusing people for giving false information without checking the facts or the right updated competency on topic discussed, you claiming many things but dont provide any evidence or logical explanation which reflect your person as a nonsense joke.

The new crimson amd ati driver causes huge crashes all the time.Crash crash crash.

I rolled back to 15 something.
    The old driver.
    The game will freeze at random times and you will have to kill it from task manager. Right before it freezes you will notice missing npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The new crimson amd ati driver causes huge crashes all the time.Crash crash crash.

I rolled back to 15 something.
    The old driver.
    The game will freeze at random times and you will have to kill it from task manager. Right before it freezes you will notice missing npcs.

I've found the new client often crashes when loading new textures. Logging in two clients standing next to each other, start swapping armor on one of the two characters and watch as the other client locks up.