Thread: Seeking Confirmation..

Seeking Confirmation..

When trying to dual wield weapons, the multi range requirement is that of the 2nd weapon your putting on.

I recall doing this last night with some newer Flux pistols. I accidentally placed my higher QL in 2nd and didn't have enough MR. I took my low ql out, placed my higher ql in (had enough stats), then placed the lower ql in fine.

Can someone else confirm this, or was I bugged?

(I was running around in a Pen Mission and couldn't use ANY of my SL stims or heals at all, after a trade with a team member - funky bug)
    ** I don't do typo's, I am just testing your knowledge of Vocabulary.
    ** How do you know you cannot achieve something if you never personally try it?
    Zzart 207 NM Eng
    SoldierZzart 220 Atrox Soldier

It checks the lowest MR req no matter what hand it's on or wether you put it in first or second afaik

I could be wrong tho, as i usually equip the biggest gun on main hand first, and then the small gun in off hand
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

I'm wearing ql300 type 1 in left hand (to avoid erroneus unequipping). MR reqs to put on R-hand pistol is of r-hand one.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

At least when I used pistols only lower MR requirement counted. Order, hand etc makes no difference. It is always weapon with lower MR requirement.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

You cant go OE form MR either .... twink/perk it ... then reperk and get good skills in

Checked this many times, and all above are correct. MR req is the lower of the two, no matter in what order you put them in or in what hand.

While we are on the subject, one thing I cannot seem to verify is whether you can hotswap MR. To illustrate, say you have your big pistol equipped on your left hand and you want one on the right hand. You equip some other pistol that gives MR bonus, then hotswap the small pistol on it. Many times when I tried this, somehow the bigger pistol got unequiped. But sometimes it didn't.
    Last edited by muha; May 10th, 2006 at 21:03:03.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I've found out that usually right-clicking allow overequipping, drag-and-drop didn't
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I've checked this today and the results are conclusive:
    You CANNOT hotswap for MR, and this does not depend on
    1. whether the second weapon is on right or left
    2. whether the second weapon is the high or the low
    3. whether the second one is right clicked or drag and dropped

Plain and simple: if the second weapon you equip does not have the MR requirement WITHOUT the weapon already in the second slot (be it right, left, high or low), and you equip it, it will unequip the first weapon.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

This would make the MTI geyser 2x more useful
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado
    This would make the MTI geyser 2x more useful
    Actually it makes it less usefull. The Pistol buff on the geyser is very nice, but the multi ranged on it is meaningless as it cannot be used.