Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Major NT Changes in the Rebalancing Act

Major NT Changes in the Rebalancing Act

So, what's going to happen to NTs when the great rebalancing patch starts to head towards live? Well, for one, triples and such are most likely going byebye. So, better start lvling that triplenub if you want those easy kills, 'cause they're not gonna be around forever. Good stuff, LE nukes were so insanely boring anyway.

What's going to happen apart from that? Well, as some of you might've seen with the latest Snowball nano, and others with Improved Complete Healing, "Local Cooldown" (mark this, it's going to be used a lot in the coming times), that is cooldown that only restricts a single nano or line of nanos, is going to play a major part in how we're going to work in the future. So, now we are going to be able to do more things at once, such as cast absorbs/shields/roots/calms and keep on nuking while they recharge in the background. Seems someone did listen all those years after all (or some NT got hired ).

Next, pretty much every nano is being looked over and reworked. RK nukes might be excempt from the total revamp, but all SL nukes are definitely being changed, same with AI DOTs. Changed how? Well, no firm info, but a concept that's currently known as "nanoweaving" covers another thing we asked for so many times in the past: More active combat. In addition nukes will have different added effects, something we also asked for repeatedly. So to give an example of how tings might work out, that's straight out of the imagination, we might cast an Ice nuke, it deals some damage, and because it's ice, the opponent gets sort of frozen, leaving him more open to a melee damage attack, so we cast a melee damage nuke on him, pretty fast too, since the ice nuke went into local recharge, and because the ice-nuke was cast first he takes additional damage from the melee.
    Different example could be two or three different fast-cast nukes create a powerful shortterm DOT on the target, or a major debuff, anything is possible really.

This is just an example, but it outlines the general idea of nukes having a sort of interconnectivity that should make combat an interesting affair again, instead of just mashing a single button for 200 levels.

One thing to watch out for during this is that there's a limit to the complexity of things. Each new combination makes for a lot of work, as you can imagine how this stuff is going to work (hostile nano in target NCU "affected by icenuke", and various checks on each nuke to figure out if something they work with is running on target), and of course the biggest problem is that it could get too complex for us, the players. After all, we don't want 50 different nukes that we all need. But that's also where I see one of the strengths of the "nanoweaving" concept, that a relatively limited amount of nukes can create many different effects if the order in which they're cast is changed about.

Example, a+b nukes gives a+b effect on target, c nuke does a specific thing because a+b is on target. If b+a is cast, it gives b+a effect, c nuke does something else now. You get the drift.

Exciting times are coming! We're moving away from the insta-kill arena that is current day PvP and the sort of boring grindfest that is PvM. I didn't mention anything about defence in this post, you might have noticed, but things are going to change in that department as well, but changes are not that clear at this point in time, but we're going to be having the same kind of things going that we have now. Oh, Nullity Sphere is going to have the root removed and local cooldown. Duration would see a decrease.

Edit: NTs will get an auto-attack that will do good damage and act as a side-show to the primary offence of new nukes.

So, thoughts? Positive changes? Negative? Do you really love your triples?
    Quote Originally Posted by DecemberSky View Post
    What we get (In a patch update arrangement):

- LE Nukes taken away
    - As a side-effect, Offensive/Defensive focus's will be removed or extremely different.
    - In place of LE nukes we are getting "Nano-Weaving" Nukes.
    - At End-game you will Nano-Weave with 3 different "lines" of nukes.
    - All Nano-weave Nukes will be INSTA Cast with their OWN lock out timer.
    - This means NT's can do damage while simultaneously blinding/rooting/calming/casting abosrb/NS2 since our will not have the traditional "recharge" function that we have today. There will be no yellow recharge bar locking us out of casting our defensive nanos during a nuke because of the new local cool-down system.

- Nullity Sphere line reduced in time, but root has been removed.
    - On top of 3 Nano-Weaving lines, we are potentially getting 3 DoT lines as well.
    - RK DoT's being line A (hopefully increased, no word yet)
    - AI DoT's being line B with a shorter duration and lower damage. Also, the extra damage it does per nuke will be removed
    - Potential Line C from a Nano-Weaving effect.

- ALL BUFF LINES WILL BE EXTENDED
    - PNH/IOR/Mockery/Absorbs will all be extended to all leveling ranges

-AOE's will be extended to all leveling ranges
    - Possibility they could be part of the nano-weaving process.

- People will no longer have access to 100%+ blind resistance.
    - Reduced duration for both pvp and pvm

-Calms AND Roots will have faster casting and will be more fuctional in SL.
    -Side Note: I personally hope that means combining all three lines (RK/Empowered/Specialized) into ONE.

- Damage-to-Nano will be hard-capped under 100%.

Pretty sure I hit all the updates that we are allowed to release. Perhaps a list like this will make it easier to read, although I thought masta's post was fine.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 29th, 2010 at 12:38:29.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Talking

I love the sound of this! Actually, I'd hope froob nukes also get some complex stuff like that :P (like nanoweaving I mean).
    The Local Cooldown sounds great. The ability to do more things at once is pure awesomesauce. Better start practicing my multi-tasking skills . I'm afraid it will also have 'negative' effects for us though, like not being able to spam roots as the local cooldown might be longer then the current recharge.

About NS: the shorter duration you mention: is this cooldown, NS itself or both?
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Ah sounds like what I always wanted an NT to be...

Sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    I'm afraid it will also have 'negative' effects for us though, like not being able to spam roots as the local cooldown might be longer then the current recharge.

About NS: the shorter duration you mention: is this cooldown, NS itself or both?
    Well, course we don't want people to powerspam roots and such, but things like roots are also getting a make-over. The duration is probably going to be different in pvm/pvp, so in pvp you get a short-duration root, but in pvm it lasts longer. The recharge will perhaps become longer, who knows, but at least now it won't interfere with other nanocasting.

As for NS, then it'll have some local cooldown, as in "Nullity Sphere Negative Feedback" disappears, what the new recharge will be, who knows. What the new lower duration for NS active time will be? Unknown. But, shorter, more useful effect, is better than what we have now anyway
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Thumbs up

I guess NTs er going back to the roots as well, cool.
    I have always liked Electrifying Containment (25% stun chance), Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame (-300 Fire AC) and Boil Blood (AOE DOT) for there special effects
    I will look forward to a more intelligent play on NTs, as I really like the concept of NTs, yay for the future of mimic NT being a viable option

Mastablasta, any news on the rarity of nanos? like NS (1&2) being almost a necessity for any NT, but not being rollable? *cough* and GA? *cough*

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

*edit* I actually like NS as it is..
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But, shorter, more useful effect, is better than what we have now anyway
    Not in all situations :P. I'm often simply killing somebody while under NS, so I don't need to run. The only thing I have to make sure is my opponent dies asap :P. Preferably before NS runs out actually, because then I die easily .
    But I agree, being able to run is probably very useful in a lot of situations. Only scare thing is people might be able to use it when kiting...

And btw, I already farmed my wanted pvp-title spamming NS and AS, so it's all ok for me .

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I have always liked Electrifying Containment (25% stun chance)
    <3, use it all the time :P. (If anybody is interested in more of these kind of special nukes: I made a list ones, click here)
    Last edited by EdtaatdE; Jan 6th, 2010 at 16:38:55.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)

Not in all situations :P. I'm often simply killing somebody while under NS, so I don't need to run. The only thing I have to make sure is my opponent dies asap :P. Preferably before NS runs out actually, because then I die easily .
    But I agree, being able to run is probably very useful in a lot of situations. Only scare thing is people might be able to use it when kiting...

And btw, I already farmed my wanted pvp-title spamming NS and AS, so it's all ok for me .
    You're forgetting that pretty much everything is going to change. Sure, more seconds of invulnerability is always better, but things are changing for everyone.

As for rarity of things, then there's no mention of that. Rare things is cool with me, and we don't know how the changes to nanoshields will affect us yet.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 6th, 2010 at 18:00:13.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    REFLECTS

Reflects will be hardcapped below 100%.
    You know whether this would also affect NS? (sorry, I'm addicted to NS :P) Because that would really suck .

NS isn't a reflect shield in the classical sense. Nothing has been mentioned about any of this other than stuff relating to other things than NS.
    The Red Brotherhood

Funcom employee

You know whether this would also affect NS? (sorry, I'm addicted to NS :P) Because that would really suck .
    It will not, no.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It will not, no.

*relieved*

Sounds good, for the most part.

I'm only a proponent of hanging onto Double/Triple while it's our only real burst damage. If burst damage becomes (a lot) less relevant then the only issue remaining would be how much IU and DM are nerfed by hitting reflects, especially with the -wide- range in damage dealt on the SL nukes.

We also need to consider how changes to other professions will affect out effectiveness in PvP. For example, we're currently anti evade (which will probably remain the case) but also anti low HP, as in we can drop professions that hug low HP as it allows them to out heal or better deal with single 30% hits.

Also if our burst damage is being slowed considerably then (I know you mentioned it already) crowd control really needs to be addressed. You mentioned different durations well if root duration is being shortened then FC really need to address things like break chance and the plethora of ways to remove them.

I'm also interested to find out how much the duration on NS/NS2 will be reduced by, seeing as 19s isn't exactly an eternity as it stands and certainly won't be in the future, since fights will be getting longer, not shorter.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Example, a+b nukes gives a+b effect on target, c nuke does a specific thing because a+b is on target. If b+a is cast, it gives b+a effect, c nuke does something else now. You get the drift.
    Sounds like my doc tbh, other than that I like the new changes, and id be thrilled for the a+b nukes example if they made us able to chose that debuffs we could see in the Hostile nano on target.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Oh wow. Very interesting indeed.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

sounds great indeed, i do wonder if the local cooldown is long enoug to bring some life back into ely leveling.
    Maxtrim, treehugger and advy

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Sounds good, for the most part.

I'm only a proponent of hanging onto Double/Triple while it's our only real burst damage. If burst damage becomes (a lot) less relevant then the only issue remaining would be how much IU and DM are nerfed by hitting reflects, especially with the -wide- range in damage dealt on the SL nukes.

We also need to consider how changes to other professions will affect out effectiveness in PvP. For example, we're currently anti evade (which will probably remain the case) but also anti low HP, as in we can drop professions that hug low HP as it allows them to out heal or better deal with single 30% hits.

Also if our burst damage is being slowed considerably then (I know you mentioned it already) crowd control really needs to be addressed. You mentioned different durations well if root duration is being shortened then FC really need to address things like break chance and the plethora of ways to remove them.

I'm also interested to find out how much the duration on NS/NS2 will be reduced by, seeing as 19s isn't exactly an eternity as it stands and certainly won't be in the future, since fights will be getting longer, not shorter.
    I hope you're not forgetting that everything we have, including damage on all SL nukes, and what everyone else has is getting a major workover? Everything, that is perks, as we already know, LE research specials (major changes coming to those) and everyone else's nanos and their effects is changing. IU is being changed as well. Pretty much nothing that we know now from endgame NT gameplay is staying the same. So arguing in relation to the current situation about LE nukes and reflect and damage ranges is not very relevant anymore. More general concerns as you also list a few of are of course still. But they must be seen outside the influence of current mechanics.

So since everyone else is also being changed, the way roots and such works is going to change for them as well, heals are being changed so they heal less, in different ways, with different types of cooldowns, burst damage is going down across the board.

The reflect issue was solved with the reflect "nerf", of course this remains with AMS/TMS, which is to be expected, and the high reflects will still be a major part of soldier gameplay. Will we be able to drop soldiers like today? Probably not. We may have a anti-reflect special hidden in a nuke-combo somewhere, but anything like the LE nukes isn't going to exist.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrim View Post
    sounds great indeed, i do wonder if the local cooldown is long enoug to bring some life back into ely leveling.
    I'm not really sure what you mean here. "Long enough" for what, exactly? Are you misunderstanding the concept of local cooldown?
    The Red Brotherhood

personally I think it's way too late in the games age for this kind of total rework, and you're asking people like myself to give up and forget 100% of the tactics, and almost all of the toolset we're familiar with, and we've spent endless hours working on, to learn a full on new way of playing our prof. I don't like 80% of this at all. it's too much at once, but I guess I'll adjust or move on aye. As with the other things that are being "looked at" I'll take the wait and see attitude with it. I just hope this whole think doesn't break the game.

awesome NT pro quote also:
    "So, better start lvling that triplenub if you want those easy kills, 'cause they're not gonna be around forever. Good stuff, LE nukes were so insanely boring anyway."

I can see you got our best interests at heart, or maybe your own? do you even pvp? it's a serious question.

**btw I ccl about the triple, but you touch my double, I'm gonna TP your house
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jan 7th, 2010 at 03:57:20.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    personally I think it's way too late in the games age for this kind of total rework, and you're asking people like myself to give up and forget 100% of the tactics, and almost all of the toolset we're familiar with, and we've spent endless hours working on, to learn a full on new way of playing our prof. I don't like 80% of this at all. it's too much at once, but I guess I'll adjust or move on aye. As with the other things that are being "looked at" I'll take the wait and see attitude with it. I just hope this whole think doesn't break the game.

awesome NT pro quote also:
    "So, better start lvling that triplenub if you want those easy kills, 'cause they're not gonna be around forever. Good stuff, LE nukes were so insanely boring anyway."

I can see you got our best interests at heart, or maybe your own? do you even pvp? it's a serious question.

**btw I ccl about the triple, but you touch my double, I'm gonna TP your house
    Well, I gotta agree with this aswell.
    I chose to play my NT for a reason, like ive played other chars in other games for a reason.
    In those games i've seen a rework of how skills work for balance, adding newperks/removing old, but not a complete change in how the class is played.

I think its the best to try keep NT as we know it when it comes to playstyle and tactics and rather balance it from there. This goes for all proffesions realy, I dont think anyone wants to log on after the patch and feel like they are playing a completely new character.

When you think of it we already have a nuke that requires another nuke(dot) to run, even our main nuke line benefits from this, realy just need to add similar nukes like DM earlier in the game.

I welcome a change for nukes having a debuff that might come in usefull for different situation so we got to think abit yes, but I dont want to have to learn to play my character again.

In the end, who is it that decides what we NT's realy want?
    The quote about LE nukes didnt realy show a great insight of the NT proffesion, a NT like every other class has different toolset and we can give up a pretty good defense tool for a good ofense tool.
    People pretty much go for the LE nukes, PvP as we know it is all about killing fast if not your target either get away or kill you.
    The problem with NT's is that if you make a choice if you want a defensive or ofensive focus, you got to stick with it for 30 minutes.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

I'm all up for new stuff, it's like re learning the game which is pretty cool, hopefully there's more diversity for us, I did enjoy pre SL being able to not be the same as everyone else

oh how about a decent high end aoe? With more than 2m range oh and name it after me hahaha

Will blinds and nukes fall under the same line? Eg can I blind and nuke at the same time? I'm guessing no but layer spaming/nulitys would be seperate?
    More server firsts than you!

Proud officer of Storm for over.. 8 years yikes!
    Gunnandahalf - 220/30 NT
    Knavish - 220/30 Soldier
    Retain - 220/30 Trader

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast